Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Had a nice, hot bath.
Dh heated up the leftover gyro meat for lunch.
We both had a nap.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Back from a walk with just a light drizze just in time, raining harder now. Glad We went when we did.
Had lunch.
Did a little more spinning I am using the drop spindle.
I am feeling better today yea!
I got the leaves picked up from by the deck steps & patio area yea!
I worked on the creativity room a bit more put stuff in smaller containers and took out the bigger empty boxes.
This was a good shift and it looks better on the one wall! It is great to see that progress.

After dinner came back to the scary room "found" the other desk! Yea for more progress.
I had to think about it and ended up bringing in another small portable sorting station,
Where I put small baskets I was sorting thing into worked like a charm.
There is at least one more surface to tackle but not this evening.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:11 pm

Here I am finally. I was up and down all night with the fireplace. Not liking this process. I got so tired I noticed about 4 AM it needed more wood and I was too tired to get up and do it...DH did it when he got up in the morning. I've been minding it all day. Heating up a part of the house with a fireplace and not a wood "stove" of some kind is a pretty futile effort. And our problem is, if we let the fires go out, the flue up the chimney cools off and things can get smokey if the windows aren't open enough. Once the flue heats up, the smoke goes straight up and out. So, if we're using the fireplace, we have to keep it burning and when it's stopped then we can shut the windows. We don't have an external air supply...

Got all the laundry caught up, last things are drying now.

Paid bills. Statements to straighten out. DH's lumber returns and reorders crossed with the invoices that ended up on the statements. It was a mess.

So, pretty quiet day here. I was sleepy all day from the up-and-down all night.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:21 pm

(((Harmony))) Staying up to keep your home warm does sound like a challenge. Do most Florida homes have central heaters or some heat source for these rare cold weather days?

I've had a good day of accomplishments. It feels good to relax now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:42 pm

Can't speak for all FL homes, Lady M, but dd's house has a heat pump and we've used it plenty this winter. We also have electric fireplaces in the living room and our room. There's a regular fireplace that just never gets used.

Had a scare tonight. Dh came in from the shop and asked if Biscuit was in with me. Nope. So he went back out in the shop and no Biscuit. He came in to get a jacket and shoes on and I went out front and out back and called and called her. No response. Not like her. Dh did say someone stopped out front and took the cart they placed out there earlier today & he did hear Biscuit bark. He was heading out to look for her (never have we had to do this) and I asked if he wanted her collar & leash. Said he didn't but he did end up taking it. Got about halfway out the driveway and she came bounding from the side of the house. I even looked in the pasture next door to see if she'd possibly gone over there. No idea where she went because dh walked all the way out back and no sign of her. Will be sure to tell dd though. She's so friendly that if anyone stopped and opened a door to their vehicle she'd most likely jump right in.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”