Thursday PWYC - Squirrels Everywhere!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Thursday PWYC - Squirrels Everywhere!

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:27 pm

I am just zipping right through this old paperwork. Because I am looking for personal stuff, I can't just dump each year into the fire bin.

I hope I don't regret this later, but I am having a cappuccino right now. I had a horrid night's sleep last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 pm

I hope I don't regret this later, but I am having a cappuccino right now. I had a horrid night's sleep last night.
Hmmm, wonder if that would help me with sleeping -nah, probably not! Sure didn't sleep last night!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:41 pm

We always seem to get 'refurbished' things like phones, Lucylee. Refuse to pay $1,000 for a new phone that will only last a year or 2.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:59 pm

I had an iced coffee earlier with dd. It's a nice treat. I suspect I'll sleep better tonight than I have in a few days since I'm not fretting about "what did I do with it?"

A few kitchen jobs left to do, need to do upstairs bathroom and top half of stairwell and landing. I also went out and swept the garage that round.

I agreed to house guests in March for two nights. They live in FL - used to live in Birmingham AL, and are coming through here. Both have had both vaccinations already, or will have had by then.

I'm going to work another 45 min, then will walk the ddog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi everyone! Last night, in honor of anti-procrastination, I did the last animal org minutes. Of course, we also had another meeting do the total number of tasks has not decreased. DD18's last final of the 22 day period is today, so she will be here tonight. I must cook some rice. She may also want to get her birthday dinner at the Japanese place. (Her birthday is not until the 15th, but we are flexible). I hope she tells me what she wants for her birthday. At payroll, I am still catching the child support database up. One long run in progress, another to go, then a series of short runs. I expect to finish it today.

Last night's animal org zoom meeting made it impossible to make dance class (also online). Instead, I did 30 minutes of cardio aerobics on Tues and Wed. I like the videos from Body Project. I think I will do one after DD goes home. I looked at my vacation calendar, and even after the 12 hours associated with the camper were subtracted, I have 4 weeks come summer. I hope Busch Gardens in FL is open and that travel restrictions are gone. My traveling companion friend in FL and I have been discussing a cruise to Costa Rica sometime (assuming that will be possible). I need to plan a camping weekend as soon as my new brake light comes in <sigh>.

Things I would like to get done tonight:
  • Clip claws on Charlotte and Benjamin
  • Cook rice and chicken pot pie
  • Exercise video
  • Check to see if I have DD for spring break, if so, talk to her about what to do
  • Check to see if I have DD as a tax deduction this year
  • See if it is possible to estimate my taxes

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Sheets are in the dryer, a blanket is in the wash.
I picked up after the dog in the back yard.
No more dog treats for her fo r a while she is on a diet.
Journaling & planning done.
Deciding on a couple of shelves. Checked the depth on them.
Had to nix the tv consel way to long for the space I have here might work in the basement
But that is not the room I want it in.

To get them hom e and put togeteher would be th e next hurdle.
Got cover on the truck I use. :roll: it does not roll back either. I do have a trailer. :mrgreen:

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:13 pm

Mysteryw - Hoping you have had a successful session (and ongoing helpfulness) with dietitian / nutritionalist.
Getting those squirrels to line up helps all the other squirrels cooperate as well.
It can be a 'fight' to get back to eating styles that worked for you before (btdt x many) but if you hold the prize in mind that can help. And a G*d help me prayer too.
If all else fails - Joel Robertson has a book Peak Performance Living - that helped me.
He recognizes that different folk have different needs (there is a quiz to find which sort of weekly regime would suit each 'type').
He was a Pharmacologist Psychiatrist who helped many in a unit of which he was head. As well as types of food, he has exercise and social interactions in the mix.
If you have food intolerances they do a number on blood sugar as well, so if you are doing the 'right thing' and still falling into hangries a food / mood diary might help with that. Just to muddy the cause and effect - some take 3 days for a food intolerance reaction to surface, and can remain a fair while if it's beyond the blood sugar thing.

I have 2 other links here to people touting different methods. They both have websites.

One is a dietitian I used to see, who teaches how to become a 'food detective'.
http://foodintolerancepro.com/

The other follows RPAHospital suggested testing routine, with lots of links, references, % people symptom and cause, fact sheets. Lots of info in short, and also links to specific US resources.
https://www.fedup.com.au/

Personally - I'd use the method of the first, but dip into the info on the 2nd's website for more info on specific problems.

I'm at day 6 of back on 1/2 dose of my old med. So far - I'm getting hungry at meal times, and finding some lost motivation to even talk about squirrels. or attending to needed things.
Hopefully hopeful.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:27 pm

It is so nice to see Lynlee and Elizabeth posting.

Hope you aren't too close to the wildfires Lynlee. I've been thinking about you the past few days and hoping you were okay.

Dh and I had a nice talk about the future tonight and it seems we are both on the same page about a few things. I have been doing so well at releasing the paperwork. Having the enforced shut down and being at home has finally gotten me to do a lot of those things I always considered I would get to when I retired. Truth be known, over the past 5 years when I was going to 6 or 7 different knitting groups, there were times I just wanted to have some time for me so I could sort out pictures and travel mementos and CDs and paperwork. Now I am getting it done and shedding so much unneeded/unwanted paper and pictures. It really feels very freeing. I have dealt with everything to the end of 2009. Tomorrow will be 2010, 11 and 12. I can't deal with the stuff from 2013 to now, because I have to keep stuff for 7 years for taxes.

It took me YEARS to face the paper tiger, and I think I have conquered it. More than 20 bags have been burned and probably close to a 12 inch stack is gone with less than an inch to show for all the years from 1961 to 2009. Plus I want to keep going and get it done.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:07 am

Well, hallelujah! I have conquered ONE squirrel at least!
First, I tried EVERYTHING y'all had mentioned, plus followed YouTube instructions for cleaning the rollers. :? Nothing.
Then, while talking to ds, he suddenly remembered: "I have a printer sitting here that we are not using! You are welcome to try it before you buy a new one!"
So he brought his over, spent quite some time getting it set up, and * whew * we're back in business. DH can finally have a printed copy of his college football newsletter. (This was what spurred the flurry of activity and frustration at midnight last night. :roll: )
DS said the reason they replaced this printer was that it never worked correctly via the wi-fi connection. This didn't bother them until ddil started doing so much schoolwork on her laptop and iPad, and she would have to stop what she was doing, go into ds's "office," pull up the file on his computer and print from there. She got sick of THAT in a hurry. I never print from anything except my desktop computer, so I'm perfectly happy with the USB connection.
It's not quite as nice as my old one, but it certainly does all I need it to do. We gave ds $50 for it (online, used models were $40, $50, $75) and I had to go buy new ink.
Also, it only takes two cartridges, as opposed to my old one using FIVE, so maybe I'll do better in that respect too!

I am going to struggle along with the phone squirrel for a while. I am rarely away from access to a charger, except during ballgames, and I do have an external power source I can take with me for times like that. I will look into the refurbished phones, though. Thanks for the recommendations.

Yes -- echoing Cathy's thoughts for safety for you, Lynlee! (And good air quality?)

BIG, HUGE WTG, Cathy!!! Twenty bags of paperwork gone is amazing!!!

Nancy, you are just doing so well. Seems like you have a great list of accomplishments every day. You go, girl!

Elizabeth, your travel plans sound fun. My brother and his gf wife :!: I'm still not used to that!!! :lol: love Busch Gardens.

Twins, I am so glad you found the lost item!!! (Tiny pink earring is still AWOL around here. No one is concerned, though, so it doesn't matter. I checked her ears every time she turned around these past two days, though, LOL!)

Blessed -- how are things going with your electronic problems?

I'm just going to wave to EVERYONE and take some time out. This is the first time this house has been quiet in over 24 hours. I am worn out.
The dgrands were good -- for the most part! -- last night & today -- but still... I really need my quiet time.
Also, with my new 21-day habit plan, today is a hard one. Adding Weekly Task today, and I haven't done any of them all week long. :oops:
I plan to manage at least 15 minutes on weekly tasks, at least 4 days a week.
I also have not done my Bible reading today. Mornings with these dgrands are NOT my best time. I refuse to set my alarm to get up sooner than I expect them to, and then when we all do get up, it's kinda chaotic. DH helped though and took care of breakfast, so I didn't have to have an audience while I showered! :lol:

They ate supper with us, but dgd is very picky. We had oven baked chicken strips, which dgs LOVES, and I thought she would at least try some since I had Chick-Fil-A sauce. Nope. She told me she likes "town chicken." :roll: (Chick-Fil-A, KFC, McDonald's, etc.) I told her I wanted to tell her a secret. I like "town chicken" better too. LOL...
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:11 am

The fires are at the SW of the continent, I'm just north of the Eastern bulge.
So Its the west that had the trifecta of covid lockdown, fires in some of the same lockdown areas, and cyclonic weather and floods with helicopter rescues to the north.

The lockdown is lifting for most, with some restrictions,
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-05/ ... e/13124490

on a different note-
For fun I yell at the TV / online videos of people saying stupid things.
Is that like yelling at a squirrel?
It probably does as much good.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”