Have a Super Saturday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Have a Super Saturday!!

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:51 am

What are your plans for the day. Maybe you don't have any. Either way, let us know.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Have a Super Saturday!!

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:01 am

Hi!!

I overheard a conversation yesterday that will light a fire under my paperwork plans for the next couple of days. Our accountant called dh and said he was planning on coming out for a car repair on Monday. I thought he might have gotten it done somewhere else because I am sure he has a regular place to go much closer to where he lives.

So today's paperwork challenge is to get as much of the paper in the last banker's box sorted out. I have 8 very neat piles on the shelving unit in front of me. Those piles are just sorted by year. That can wait. The "pile" that has been living in a box for a couple of weeks needs to get done now!

It drives me crazy when Marie Kondo is right about something. Make things easy to put away. Maybe it was someone else. Goodness knows I've read enough books about organizing over the past 40 years.

Supper might be leftover Chinese food. Dh got into it last night after I went to bed.

Weather here looks okay. Dh wanted to go see his best friend today but right now there is zero visibility where his friend lives.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:32 am

While I found my lost item, since dh started working on his comic books again, he's realized he can't locate a notebook of valuable comic books that were encased in plastic protectors and filed in the notebook. I still think they will turn up somewhere in the house or garage eventually. He's had a lot of these comic books since my father died in 1999 and dh has never done anything with them, except to drag a few out now and then to show people. He is finding some valuable comic books, my dfather had quite the collection.

I'm going to s2s and then walk the ddog...working my way through a.m. routine. I might go out and run the errands I meant to run yesterday, on the other hand, they all can wait too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:59 am

Reminds me of dh, Twins. He had piles & piles of National Geographics in our attic. Eventually they all went to the trash. The one copy we've kept (actually several copies now) is one that had DS-R in the centerfold. That's when he was on the pit crew for a NASCAR team and the magazine did an article on NASCAR.

Everyone else has gone to dbil's to help empty more things out of the POD and get them ready for a giant yard sale in another week or so. I should get busy and work on our taxes and see how far I can get with them. Notice I said "SHOULD", now to actually do it. Would be nice to have the retune sitting in our bank account.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 am

Good Morning!

My morning is off to a good start. I've accomplished 52 SHE cards including washing my and DD9 hair. I just put the kids on notice to be ready to leave in 1 hour for guitar lessons.

My planning for today -
** Weather = 52/25F 7-23mph Rain
** Project of the Day = New strings on the kids' guitars
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = Bible Study when it is so interesting that time evaporates
** Life Skill taught = Care of guitar
** On the menu today = walking tacos/Frito pies, salad bar
** On the schedule today =
    -- 11:15 guitar lessons for both kids
    -- trip to the music store to replace strings on both guitars
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:51 am

Dh has gone to his best friend's.

It's soooo nice to be alone for a few hours. I am doing paperwork. I am removing 1 inch of paper from the box at a time and most of it is going into 1 of the 8 piles that have nothing in front of them to slow me down. Very few things are going in the burn bag right now.

The dryer just buzzed for the clothes to come out so I can put a blanket in. It's hard to wash a blanket from the couch when someone's bottom is on it alllllll day and allllll night except when he's in bed.

Did I mention how much I am enjoying being home. A L O N E .
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:19 pm

It's soooo nice to be alone for a few hours.

I totally agree.

Last night I hit the wall on being "ON" so much. I decided I'm going to start using the separate living area which gives myself as close to be alone as I can get in this phase of my life. I used that area for a few months last year when I was overwhelmed with the adoption of DD9 but eventually reached a point I felt okay so I stopped using it. Now I'm feeling overwhelmed again with returning to normal activity. Just everyday things that everyone in my corner of the world has been doing but I've quarantined myself from doing. Now that I'm returning to them, the overwhelmed feelings are coming back.

Taking the kids to get their hair cut this week had me stressed with the newness of being with others. Two hairstylists and 5 customers (plus us 3) all in the same room for an hour (no masks). This is normal to everyone but me. Our hairstylist was coughing. She volunteered that she has been recently tested for C19 and it was negative again. Multi generations of her family had c19 from being together at Christmas. They buried the patriarchal of the family when he died from C19 a couple of weeks later. I have known our hairstylist all my life including 4 generations of her family. I trust this person and am confident she doesn't have c19, but still.....

When I'm in stressful situations I need some down time to recover. That isn't happening when the kids are constantly moving, doing, eating, jumping, talking, singing, playing. The best solution I know is to remove myself to another part of the house for a couple hours where I can't hear & see them.

Next up -
** take kids to guitar lessons (20 mile drive)
** go to the city and get new strings put on the kids guitar (including a 40 mile drive).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:57 pm

LadyM, I completely understand feeling overwhelmed by all the choices going out and being with people. A dfriend called one day this week with a report that I could get a vaccine immediately at one of the small local pharmacies near me. He and his wife are 70 and over, and he had been calling around trying to get a vaccination in neighboring counties. (Until the day after he called me, one had to be 75 to get vaccine in our county, but only 70 in neighboring more rural counties.) I was almost shaken by his report that I could get a vaccine immediately. (He had called that a.m. to get on a list, and was called and got the vaccine that afternoon!) And I didn't like the idea that I would be getting it ahead of others who needed it more. I decided not to call, but told dfriend M, who recently turned 70 - when she called they said she had to be 75. I think my dfriend and his wife slipped in because he had been calling the rural counties, and someone in one of those rural counties told him to call this pharmacy, and they thought he was from the rural county. But I was shaken by the idea that I could get it and things would change so dramatically so fast. I wasn't ready for that. I will be ready, I guess, when 65 y/os can get it.

I don't know if all that made sense, but I hesitated not just because I'd be ahead of others, but the shock of life changing back on a dime.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:11 pm

Morning....

Waving to y'all...

Twins...I get my first vaccination of Feb 16th and I can't wait. I am not afraid of being around others although I will be 71 in two months, but I know others don't feel the same. I believe living in fear for the last year makes it difficult for some to feel safe.

I am looking forward to getting on a plane and seeing my mom. I am also ready to go back to my personal trainer and I know when my GD turns two in April I will be able to celebrate with her. Its been 1.5 years since I've seen any of my family...or friends for that matter... and I am more than ready for this to happen. I am also making plans to spend 2-3 weeks in Orange Beach, AL in Sept. Had to cancel those plans last year.

LadyM...I remember days like that...even though I was married at the time, my then husband expected life to continue as it had before I had my son. I took care of my son 24/7 with no relief or help from my then husband. At first my solution was to put my 18 month old son in mom's day out for 5 hours once a week just so I could clean my home..Eventually I added a second day which was just for my peace of mind so I could recharge my soul. I told my friends not to call me during that day and turned off the tv. I spent my day reading and just piddling around my home. Sometimes I even went to a resort lake with a beach and just sat in the sun, read and took a swim. This before cell phones, but the center where my son was had the number of the resort so I never worried about being out of reach. I never regretted this decision.

A happy mom is a happy home....do whatever you need to do to sooth your soul :D

My day has already started. The 6 loads of laundry are done and put away. I decided to start changing my beds and washing the sheets on Fridays instead of Sundays since I was already in laundry mode. We'll see how this works.

I am already in my office following Cathy's comments. I am combining several boxes into one, then I'll go through my books, videos and the rest of my closet getting rid of everything I haven't used in the last two years. If later on I find I need something I got rid of I will just buy it again. So far I haven't spent a red cent rebuying anything I've discarded.

Car show is tonight. Don't know whether we will go or not. Just depends on our friends plans.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:09 pm

Hello. I understand completely the need to recharge.

I am recharging today. Not the way you guys are but the exact opposite. I have been ignoring most of the house since the fireplace work was taking so much of my attention and time. The last 2 days I didn't even sleep in a bed, the day before that I stretched out on the couch. 2 days I curled up in bed in the morning for a bit. I've kept up with dishes and that's about it.

It is getting warmer now. I have 3 windows open. The fire is still going but I must let it burn out. I sifted ashes and my metal bucket is full way over the top. I put the hot chunks all in the middle and the one piece of log that hadn't burned thoroughly and the rest of the kindling. That is going now. I dusted whole family room, ran sweeper, picked up everything. We will be warm enough till next Sunday, but then it's not really cold.

I cleaned up ME next, boy that felt good. Yesterday I just snacked all day. Today I am making turkey soup from the bones I found in the freezer and the container I found of turkey pieces. I will keep working around here, it feels so good to get the house back in order.

Our age in FL to get the vaccine has always been 65 and up. I felt a little odd about getting it before older ones had a chance, but everybody else is doing it. With DH in the house with me, I thought it's just as important I am safe. I am over 70 anyway so either way I'd have been eligible. The sooner the majority of us get this vaccine, the sooner it will stop spreading and have less chance to mutate. What if it mutates into something dangerous for kids? Wouldn't that be awful? My 2nd one is Monday.

Ok, back to work here.

Return to “Post When You Can”