Have a Super Saturday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Have a Super Saturday!!

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Can't believe it's time for you to get your second shot already, Harmony. But then when I think about your fatigue afterwards -yeah that was a while ago. I just keep waiting for calls for dh and I to get them. He only has about 2 more weeks to get his first and then he'll have to give up on it until he goes north. Keep feeling like I should hear something by now, but who knows how much vaccine is available for this county.

Dsonil came home and is gone again to work. He's working extra as one of their guys was fired about a week ago.

Have the soup reheating on the stove and added a can of R otel to it, hoping it'll add more flavor. Have a feeling dd doesn't plan to eat it. She got a pork roast going in the crockpot this morning. So, I'll have some for a late lunch and then I'm going to freeze it in small portions. Dh and I will eat even if noone else does.

DD/Dsonil picked up dinner from S onny's last night. It was supposed to be ready at 6:15. They phoned (curb side pick up) to let them know they were there and were told they'd be right out. Nearly 1/2 hour later dsonil went in and "We're just putting it together". DD went in about 12 minutes later: "Oh, we're just putting it together now." Then about 7:10 dsonil went in and they gave the order to him. DD was composing a note in her head to management. 2 or 3 times they just said they had a 'hiccup'. Ya think? Got home and no receipt in the bag. At least it was hot -in fact I got 'Redneck egg rolls' and had to peel off the outside layers as they were so very overdone, almost burned. But, I will say they were good and they were hot.

As of the time we went to bed -around 8:30 last night the closing funds from the house purchaser weren't in dd/dsonil's bank account. Evidently the buyer was a "rental company" out of AZ. So they had until 7pm, our time last night, to close. Didn't get a chance to ask dd if they finally did all that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:47 pm

Checking in I am ok, dgd is here today.
We fueled the one rig that needed it.
Went to the small market.
Dgd is doing reading homework.
I have some reading to do as well.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:22 pm

Dh is sleeping. I have been reading in the library. I am giving myself a deadline with this box of paper. Almost everything is getting filed in a dated pile, which is a lot better than how this paper has been. Some of it goes back quite a number of years. Found 1 important piece from 1999. :shock:

Making myself a nice, hot cup of tea.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Well hello hello - I’ve been behind lately but have been enjoying my time outdoors - lots of a snow - which I love!

Well today it was 0 degrees and I decided to walk on our street - I saw my neighbor s paper and brought it to their stoop- all the time thinking - I could fall here - well I did and gave myself a major break in my ankle - and had to have an ambulance get me - I met a lot of nice people !!! I will have to have surgery next week
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:02 pm

Blessed! Your back! Welcome home! (((Hugs))) ambulance....ankle break....surgery ((((Double & Triple HUGS)))

Home from guitar lessons and trip to the city. We went to the city to get new strings on the used guitars the kids are using. I ended up buying both of the kids new guitars. DD9 guitar is sized for an adult and she struggles to get her arms around it. We found a 3/4 size guitar that fit her perfectly. They are going to retool it to switch it to a left-hand guitar for her. DS12 has been using DH acoustical guitar with zero complaints but would rather have an electric guitar. We found one that fit his needs perfectly. ANYoleWAY, we left 3 of the guitars to be worked on at the music store and brought the electric one home with us. So now our home is filled with louder guitar sounds.

When I arrived home, DH encouraged me to go spend time in my quiet place. He is going to run interference & take care of the kids for a few hours and give me some space. I feel full of physical energy but just need a mental break from continual kid care. DS12 just saw me in the garage and said "The guitar came with 3 month free lessons. Can I sign up for them?" I'll look into it later.....I'm putting up boundaries around my quiet time.

So.....what am I going to do with myself? It is too cold to work in the garden. hum....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Oh blessed, I am so sorry you fell. Surgery too. My goodness. And you were doing something kind for somebody. :cry:

I'm still working around here. I've done more vacuuming. Mopped kitchen hallway and family room. Tried doing it with laundry soap but then I rinsed it twice. I kept rinsing out the mop in between times while I was washing it. A lot of dark water. My goodness. Waiting for the kitchen to dry completely so I can finish the soup. The family room looks really clean. Kitchen doesn't look as good, but that's my trouble spot in the house. Maybe it will look better when the grout dries out.

Missed the mail lady. Found a bill I hadn't paid...I should never put things off like that.

What kind of soup are you making, Dee? I'm making turkey rice. Time to chop up the celery and carrots.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:26 pm

Made hamburg soup/stew yesterday, Harmony. Added a can of R otel today and now I'm going out to freeze some of it for later.

Oh, Blessed! Ouch, ouch, ouch. I did that too (eons ago) on Christmas Day. I also thought (to myself) it's a wonder I didn't fall outside it was so icy. But also a broken ankle up into my leg and the other leg was torn apart enough that I couldn't put weight on either one. A long process, hoping yours will be much shorter and you'll have a complete recovery. Please let us know when your surgery will be so we can be in the 'virtual waiting room' with all the usual snacks & coffee. (Sorry we won't be able to offer you any.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:47 pm

Oh, (((blessed)))! I am so sorry! Prayers for easy surgery and quick recovery.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm

(Blessed)
I want to an estate sale got a few fun items.
Cleaned them up. Dgd is having fun painting a couple of the finds wooden craft items. A carasoul is one another a mother goose plaque.

I found a tn type note book cover in navy I was estatic! Holds 5 x 7 inch smaller yellow leagal pads.
A pic for the spare room and another dgd is considering.
It was so good to get out of the house.

8-) sunny here today but windy.
Wish me luch found a used kn ndl e at a yd sake might be able to get it for half off tomorrow at the estate sale.
Thinking of dgd input welcome.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Aww, Blessed, so sorry for your ankle. Makes me hurt just thinking about it!

I am done for the day. I knew this wasn't gonna be a sprint, but a marathon when it came to decluttering my office. Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow, but right now I need to sit back and drink my tea.

My poor stereo, boom box system has died. Right now Sweetie's looking to see if he can save it...this sort of thing is right up his alley and if anyone can fix it, he's the man. When he took it out of my office to work on it, I said I thought the system was about 25 years old...I used it in school and they were gonna ditch it so I brought it home. Sweetie looked at it and just laughed...said its way older than that :lol:

Fingers Crossed...plus we're going out to eat at one of our favorite places for dinner so that means I don't have to cook, But I do need to clean up before we go!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”