Have a Super Saturday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Have a Super Saturday!!

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:10 pm

(((Blessed)))

Had the leftover Chinese food. It wasn't great, but it was food and I just had to re-heat it.

I have had 4 tidy stacks of CDs on the very right side of my desk. They have been there for a very, very long time. I moved them in to the library and put them right above where all the rest of the empty CD cases are. I know that 200 cases are empty. I don't know how many have something in them. At least now they are all in the same place. I have 2 of those desk lamps that have a green glass shade. 1 is in the living room beside dh's end of the couch on top of a short bookcase. The other 1 is here on my desk. I just put it where the CDs used to live. It looks great.

I have been turning off overhead lights after supper for a while now. I really like the table lamps being on. It looks cozy here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 pm

Dh just had another horrible choking episode. I've started a list to keep track. He did have esophagus stretched quite a few years ago. He also has an endoscopy every 2 years and just had one done in October. He sees his gastroenterologist in early April. I know he wants to talk to him about his diverticulitis bothering him fairly regularly lately, but I think he also needs to address this problem. He had me pretty scared this time.

Dh and dd came home from his DB's late this afternoon. He apologized to dd for his db's yelling, etc. I know he has a lot on his plate and maybe this has been too much. He's always been a control freak whenever anything was going on and I can see this is going to be no exception. They have a large 2-car car port and it's full of stuff for the yard sale. The POD is still over half full. The sale will be Feb 18-20. Anything left after that will go to charity. Know they will be very glad to get this done. ALL of them!

Think I'm through riding for the day (exer bike that is). I'm at 20,000 steps and that's enough.

Imagine dh will go to church in the morning. I'm still not attending in person services. Our service up north will be led (virtually) by our new interim minister. I may try to load it and watch.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:24 pm

Well the soup turned out really good. There's a lot of turkey in it. We have enough left for another meal. I made a big tossed salad to go with it.

Floors look pretty good. Squeaky clean. DH made it home about 7. I'll be glad when this job is done. He is staying overnight with them when he goes up there (Fri - Sun) and tonight the other couple were going somewhere to have dinner with friends. Apparently they aren't staying away from people so it annoys me a bit that DH is staying up there with them. They both have outside jobs. He's in an office and also does outside sales. She does massages in a large place. Last week her brother also came up to help with this job. It'll be a miracle if we all get through this without getting sick. I'm glad I'm getting my shots.

We brought my full bucket of ash out to the garden, DH carried it carefully and I walked ahead with the flashlight. The fireplace is still "cooking" a bit so maybe tomorrow I'll be able to shovel the rest out. We're supposed to be getting thunderstorms tomorrow but at least it's not going to be really cold. I'll be happy to sleep in my bed tonight.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:07 am

I’ve had a pretty good Saturday, but I think I can say my daunt had a SUPER Saturday, yall!
She is the amazing aunt, my ddad’s sister, age 77, and she went DEER HUNTING for the first time today, with her DS, and killed a 6-pt buck!

Now — I’m not really pro OR anti-hunting. DH doesn’t hunt, and my ddad didn’t, but I’ve got no problems with it. I just think it’s pretty newsworthy for a 77-yr-old woman to get a deer her first time out! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”