It's Superb Owl Sunday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

It's Superb Owl Sunday!!

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:03 am

Yes, owls are superb!!

I think there might be a football game on after 18 hours of pre game shows.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: It's Superb Owl Sunday!!

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 am

Hi!

I'm up. Dh is up. I'm waiting for him to get off his computer and get dressed so we can drive through a snow storm to get groceries and go to the bakery to get bread. There may be snacks involved.

Supper tonight will be corned beef and cabbage.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:08 am

Good Morning!

I'm happy for those who are looking forward to some football!

My plan for today is super simple -
** Weather = 47/38F 5-20mph Cloudy
** Project of the Day = Sabbath
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = Being in church
** Life Skill taught = Sabbath
** On the menu today = Bacon Cheeseburgers, fries
** On the schedule today =
    --8:30 Church service
    --9:45 Small groups
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: It's Super Owl Sunday!!

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:38 am

Howling winds woke me up in the nite.
I have had breakfast.
Time to see about cleaning up the kitchen and getting dressed.
Football free zone here today.
Bfast & stat bike done.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:44 am

Up and about since 8 a.m. or so. I'm piddling with my case study and dh is watching TV. I'm going to make soup later for our supper.

Otherwise, quiet day here. Aren't they all now? Higher elevations here got a little snow - where we lived before we moved we would have - but nothing here. High around 50 today so it's all melting either way.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:17 pm

Morning...

It’s fun day for me! After I finish coloring my hair I’m going to try my hand at making hand puppets out of paper.

I will be watching the super bowl game. Don’t think I’ve missed one in its 55 years. I remember watching the first one with my boy friend and the rest of the crew so many years ago!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:00 pm

We have gotten fresh fruit and extremely fresh bread. We took a drive around some back roads on the way home. Not too much snow, but everything is white and pristine. There is lots of ice under the snow.

I have burned all 20 of the bags I had up until last night. I don't know how many I will get done today.

I have less than 5 inches left in the banker's box. There was close to 12 inches in there, plus the 6 or 7 inch stack that was on the desk.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:02 pm

It feels like an accomplishment to return to normal Sunday morning activity. After church service, DS12 went to a friend's home. He hasn't been inside this friend's home in several months due to c19 precautious so DS12 is experiencing the feeling of freedom.

It is cold here but not as cold as it is going to be 48 hours from now. I am trying to get myself mentally ready for this multiple-day cold spell. My garden groups are discussing how to protect winter plants in prep for the weather over the next week or two. I'm not going to do anything extra but will hope for the best outcome and start again if the plants don't survive.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 pm

I've spent some 'quiet' time balancing our check book. No wonder I'm so 'off'. I made a $500 mistake way back in September when we paid our campground fee for 2021. Can't imagine I didn't catch it then. Have about 2 1/2 pages in our check book register to go through yet. Want to have it balanced before dh heads home next month. But my eyes were getting squirrely.

Dh went to church this morning. DD stayed home. She has to go to the local rink shortly to work on learning some new scoring.

Dh had a call from a member of our campground, wanting to know if we'd come to a 'gathering' in Sarasota next week. He told the guy no that we were staying close to home and did he know I'd recently had a heart attack. Well, evidently so did his wife. She's had several and this time had a pacemaker and defibrillator put in. She smokes like a chimney and no amount of stents, etc has changed that. We had 'unfriended' her on FB because of her posts. And the things they were doing when this whole pandemic started way back last year were alarming. Not my favorite person at the campground for many reasons but I never let it show.

Think I'll go exercise for a while. A long way to go to get to my goals for the day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:49 pm

I'm not sure there's anything superb about today around here. First I slept past church time and got up about the time I had planned on leaving. I was just so tired from all the work yesterday. Since then I've been working mostly in the family room again. This is really tedious.

I got the rest of the ash out, 2 buckets of it. I brushed it and then I actually wiped it out. Then I pulled the long dolly out of the room. Those big tires were full of mud because DH had pulled it across the lawn to the back door. So, tire tracks everywhere. I had to carry some of the wood chunks by hand because they were heavy and the whole thing was so loaded I couldn't get it over the ledge we have at the door. Finally I got it light enough to get it out to the edge of the porch. I guess DH thought I'd need all that wood while he was away.

So now I have to start over with the floors. I've pulled 2 chairs out and washed underneath and behind where they go and I washed those 2 leather chairs and the 2 end tables. Floors there are done. I'm taking a break before I start the rest of the floor. I can't believe I have to do these same floors 2 days in a row. And I'd washed them and rinsed twice already.

I've done a LOL too and have that hanging up.

Well if I don't get back to it I'll never complete it.

Return to “Post When You Can”