It's Superb Owl Sunday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: It's Superb Owl Sunday!!

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:52 pm

We will watch the Super Bowl, but honestly, I'd be about as interested in owls. :lol: Auburn has some players on Tampa Bay's team, I believe, but I just haven't followed football at all this year. Even less than normal, and that is saying a lot. :lol:

We have been to church, and dgs' piano lessons, and now I'm just taking it easy.

Surprisingly -- I think I may like the new planner better than I thought! :shock: LOL. It pretty well has enough room for all I need, so I'm trying to adjust. Ha! I even put some stickers in it and used WASHI TAPE for the first time ever in my life for the coming week! :shock: :lol:

Oh (((Dee))) ... people. Just shaking my head...

LadyM -- I know your dkids are thrilled to see some new faces and places! We had only 2 other children (aside from dgs) in church today, and they were visitors with their grandparents.

It IS awfully cold here too... 38 degrees I think, while I was waiting on dgs at piano. I was in the car but I kept the motor running and the heater on! It's supposed to be 28 degrees tonight.
But like you said, LadyM -- even colder temps are coming. We will warm up some this week, and then BOOM -- 20 degrees predicted Friday night!

Waving to everyone! Hope y'all have a Super Superb Day, no matter how you spend it! :D

(((Harmony)))
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:23 pm

I don't watch TV or football, but I'm becoming addicted to watching walking tours in different corners of the world. Today I've spent an hour in Tokya, Japan and another hour in Sydney. I'm developing a preference for the tour guides that don't spend the majority of the time talking about themselves. I like when they answer questions, explain and talk about what we are looking at. I give the Tokyo host 10 out of 10. I rate the host in Sydney 5 out of 10.....I kept thinking about stopping every time she talks about herself (poop knife story over and over) and she has a potty mouth....but I'm so addicted to the walking tours so I don't stop even when the host isn't my favorite. :roll: The c19 aspect is also interesting. Everyone is wearing mask in Japan. I only saw about 10% wearing masks in Sydney. Sydney has had 3 weeks with zero c19 transmission.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Banker's box has been "emptied" but the last inch or so of paper is on my desk waiting to be dealt with. There was a lot of really old stuff of dh's and I don't want to just toss stuff. There was also a lot of old newspaper and magazine clippings of mine. Grand total of 3 bags to be burned. So, the worst of the paper is either out or piled into years. It looks and feels better even though it isn't finished. I'm finished for now.

Corned beef is cooking. Dh will have a sweet potato because I can fill up on meat and cabbage. Water for cabbage is almost at a boil. Need to go deal with cutting up the cabbage. Not the entire thing, but half any way.

Pre game show is on.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Cathy - You have been doing great at making consistent progress on paperwork.

I've enjoyed a couple of hours of quiet and alone time separated from the normal noise of our home. I can feel myself becoming bored which is the purpose of doing this. My mind slows down so much that I'm not feeling overwhelmed.
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Cathy, what are you going to do with the sorted year piles when you are done going through everything?

That's what I was dealing with the other day. I am keeping 7 years so each year I have 1 to dispose of. When I did mine I found half of stuff from a year I missed getting rid of last June when I did the big purge.

The family room is done and put back together. I even washed scrubbed shined the fireplace tools. They are stainless steel and I don't think they've shined this much for years. Got kitchen mostly done also. I've put away all the mops buckets brooms dustpans. I gathered up the garbage to go out and while I was doing that I scrubbed 3 waste cans. Been wanting to do the one in the laundry room and the one in the garage. They were old ones that were quite grubby. Now even all my waste cans are clean.

Phew. I think I've earned a break now. My back is killing me.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:12 pm

It's been a productive afternoon. I've found 3 things (actually 4)
1) Found head phones on top of dh's bedside stand under 1 piece of paper. I had looked and looked for these after he got down here. I finally figured I took them north and left them there.
2) All my different greeting cards -in a desk drawer where I'd looked before but think I thought these particular boxes were empty. :roll:
3) DD read an article in the paper today that Polk county is up to January 14th of calls to registrants. We registered on January 19th -so hopefully we'll get called before too long. I was trying to check our 'status' and hadn't written down our passwords. Finally guessed them so that was 3 and 4.

Not sure if I'll give the headphones to dh to use but I think so. He was looking for some early on last year.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:04 pm

Harmony I think I will quickly go through each pile and make sure everything is in the right pile. I was also thinking about putting each "subject" into it's own file folder. 1 for internet provider, 1 for water delivery, etc. I have noticed that the pile for 2017 is a lot smaller than any of the other years. After all of that is figured out, then I will have 7 of the extra large freezer zippered baggies and each year will get it's own bag. Then they will all go into the same file box marked "archives". There is already a spot for it on the shelves behind me. It used to have files from 2012 back to 2005. Those are all gone to the fire bin already. I went through each file and looked for anything important enough to save and found my new signature.

I must be bored. I printed out all the labels for all the utilities going back to 2014. Now to label the file folders and put them on top of each stack. File folders are now labeled and on top of each stack. Ready to get filing.
Last edited by CathyS on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:23 pm

WTG every one on your progress!
I s2s washed my hair got it dried & too a short Sunday drive this morning.
We has snow but it melted soon as it hit the ground. We had wind and rain & sun too.
I went back to that estate sale got the kindle, and a furniture moving trolley & a large coloring book.
Been learning how to use the kindle ir is light wt. Has nearly 200 books on it, most I could read a lot of the authors I have
Read before. The buttons are tiny. It is a 3G one.
Ranch Chicken wings in the oven.
Not watching the game.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:55 pm

DS12 is at a super bowl party with his friends. None of the kids play football or seem to be interested in watching the game. The super bowl seems to be an excuse for the kids to eat lots of food and burn lots of energy playing. ....as if they need an excuse to do that! The party ends at 10pm so I'll be up later than my normal tonight.
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:32 pm

I wouldn't have watched much of the super bowl, maybe a couple minutes...but it's on cbs and our local cbs station just went into contract negotiations with our cable company (convenient for them, wasn't it) and they've taken it off the lineup. We only have one cbs station. Could watch it if I had an outside antenna or some sort of streaming ap... but now I have a real reason not to watch it!

Cathy, sounds like a good system. I put my stuff in my file cabinet under subjects: aluminum, windows & doors, office supplies, building supplies: lumber, building supplies: concrete, utilities, sub contractors, etc etc. When I take the year out they go in a bag a-i and l-z (there's no j or k!). All my ledger, tax stuff goes in another bag, and charges and other accounts like h depot etc. go in the 4th bag. It all fits in one egg crate plastic box. Before I was involved in a business, everything I kept fit in one 9x12 manila envelope. How easy those days were!

Got my kitchen finished. I never seem to have everything done at once. Now my desk is piled up.

Return to “Post When You Can”