Tuesday PWYC Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Tuesday PWYC Ta Dah!

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 pm

Dh and I went out and got what we needed. I have a lot of bags to fill. I hope I bought enough today.

When we got home the kittens were awake, so I moved the cat tree to the living room. When they chase each other up, down and around this thing at 5:30 in the morning it tends to wake me up.
Last edited by CathyS on Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Ci - trash is at the curb, and now back again.

Laundry going
Did stat bike
Reported to sherrifs office message about the dog where iut lived but did not leave my info.
Bfast for lunch x

No snow it all melted Mon. Here wi ds in the forecast. 32- 39 today's temps.
Sale on kindles but first I am going to see if I can get books on my phone, and tablet.
Still doing research. The kindle looks like a version three might be collectable LOL! :lol:
I like the old kindle bc of the smaller size and it weighs less. I need to register i t to keep the books I think.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Nancy, you should be able to load kindle on both. I have it on my laptop, phone & ipad. All are free downloads.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:26 pm

Lunch break here.

This morning I've had to be intentional to stay on track. The Dkids are having a hard time staying focused on their school work because .....
(1) Micro is gone (at groomer),
(2) Buddy and Sam (big outside dogs) are pacing the floor wanting to go outside
(3) the heater repair fellas were here working for an hour or so.
(4) one of the toilets is frozen (water line in the wall). Now we watch & wait until it thaws out (in 10 days!!) to see if the water line busted.
(5) it is snowing (no accumulation)
***Deep breathe*** REminding myself that none of these things are big life events and all of them are temporary distractions.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:41 pm

LadyM, I hope you have a nearby shutoff to that toilet pipe if it starts leaking as it thaws. Goodness that's a lot to have happen in one day. I admire your ability to put things into perspective. I'd be unnerved with it all.

DH is tired today from all his recent work.

I am tired today from all my recent work.

Just been doing little bits of paperwork and kitchen chores. I answered a letter. I took a check down to the bank. My arm is really sore so I'm not tackling anything big.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:21 pm

We’ve been out to eat — just drive thru — and are about to go to funeral for my dad’s friend.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Hoping a sore arm is all you have out of this second shot, Harmony. Had to laugh when I read your line about going to the bank. Dsonil had planned on going to the bank in Plant City Friday -his day off. Not to be. His dsis in Al INSISTED she wanted her money today. Am I surprised? Notta.

DD has TSA after school today so I don't figure she'll be home for a while yet.

Found our gift cards for H arry's Seafood (here) yesterday. DD looked them up and I have about $79 left. But it says on the back they expire in 12 months. Sure it's been longer than that. But, she seems to think it's 'illegal' to have them expire any more. Ds-R wants to take us all there for dinner one night & I figure we might as well use them. We can only try -and with Covid who knows? DD has 2 games in Tampa while they're here at the end of the month, but since there's no fans she can't even get tickets for them. She and dh will try to get tickets for them to one of Orlando's games that week however. They can have a total of 2,200 people in the arena (that includes all the staff). So, they will try.

Told dh to tell DS-A to not drive our car after March 1st. Notice the registration expires March 1st not 31st. Just hoping it gets forwarded to us here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:37 pm

I picked up Micro from the groomer. I had a bit of sticker shock. This is first time I've used this groomer and she charged twice as much as the groomer I've been using. She did an okay job on grooming but the perfume they put on him is overwhelming.....am I really going to have to give him a bath to get rid of it? I did a quick search and see baking soda is recommended. I don't know what that will do to his skin though. A bath seems safer. I'm glad I gave this groomer a try, but I'm returning to the groomer we were using. I have learned the extra 15 minutes of travel each way is worth it. #LessonLearned

School is paused for an hour or two. DH took both of the kids to the city to pick up the repaired bike and 3 guitars. I am home alone!
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:08 pm

I saw this posted on one of our local FB pages -
To all my northern friends....Your weather is down here in my yard drunk. I'm gonna need you to come down here and get it.

The weather people are predicting round 2 of this 10-day winter storm to happen tonight & tomorrow. Schools are already announcing they are closing tomorrow. We cope with winter weather by the "hunker down and wait for it to pass" method.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Dh and dd have gone over to dbil's to help price some items for the yard sale. Hopefully dbil is better than he was Saturday. Hopefully the way he was, is because of a very hard night/day with disil and not the person he's becoming. As it is his negativity has only gotten much worse with all this Covid and politics. Of course he and dsisil were and are watching news all day long with the 'slant'. Not sure dsisil can understand any of it at this point in her life. In fact today is her 81st birthday. She long said she didn't want to live past 80, but I guess she can no longer say that -if she even remembers.

Return to “Post When You Can”