WEDNESDAY Anti Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

WEDNESDAY Anti Procrastination PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:49 am

What's your Anti Procrastination strategy this week? What can you knock off your list today? Let's get on it!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: WEDNESDAY Anti Procrastination PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 am

It's errand day for me, several were put off last week so I'll get them in in one swoop. I think I'm going into the grocery store again this week. I buy a lot more when I go in, but I feel like I'm better stocked at home too.

When we lived on the mountain, I got in the habit of grouping errands because making many trips wasn't convenient when time was limited, so I still do it, and actually have dh mostly trained that I won't run errands for him at will. :lol:

Wondering if my sense of energy is being fueled by feeling so good about my case study. I need to keep revising and filling in the footnotes, but it will be good to set it aside for a bit.

In addition to errands I have a 3 p.m. zoom for the certification discussion group. I may listen in, that's prime time for me to work on genealogy. And at 4 p.m. we have the contractor coming to talk again. Finally we may get started on the screened porch and bump out for the fireplace so it doesn't intrude into the room so much. I still wish we would do the BIG project we talked about last year, but dh is adamant that it wouldn't make financial sense to put that much into this house. I counter that there are other considerations than financial - our enjoyment of the house and addition and that we're likely to live here a long time.

I need to get in the shower soon and then walk the dog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:14 am

Just in case Emptynester happens by, it's her birthday today. So wishing her a Happy Birthday. Hoping all is well with you two.

Dh didn't go walking this morning. It was very foggy out there and not worth the drive to get there. Means he'll be using my exercise bike more and I'll have to figure my time better. Seems like he was going somewhere today but danged if I can remember where.

Anti Procrastination: I have to finally finish balancing our check book. I've obviously done something(s) wrong along the way. And to think Math was my strong subject. 100's all the way.

Waiting for dsonil to be done in the kitchen -could be a while. Then I'll go try to fix myself some breakfast.

I too try to group our errands, Twins. Dh, not so much. But this winter it's usually him doing the running. He doesn't mind being out and about -I do.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:27 am

Good Morning!

My morning has been slower than normal but proceeding at a steady pace (26 SHE cards completed). I'm ignoring the time mostly and just letting things happen. DD9 and DS12 are still in their bedrooms. DD9 is awake but DS12 is still sleeping. Eventually, I tell them it is time to start school assignments, but we seem to be in "snow day" mode.

My planning for the day...
** Weather = 23/21F 11-23mph Freezing drizzle
** Project of the Day = My clothes closet shelves decluttered, deep cleaned, and organized
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = Hearing about others accomplishment and joy
** Life Skill taught = Time management
** On the menu today = Chicken & Noodles, garlic bread, carrots for the family. Hamburger/vegetable soup for me.
** On the schedule today =
    -- Homeschool
    -- Charter School
    -- Church activities/services have been canceled due to weather.

For about 8 hours yesterday, DD9 and DGD10 were video chatting and talking non-stop. When I tucked DD9 into bed, I told them they needed to stop talking and go to sleep. This morning I woke up to them talking again. They started video chatting again at 5 am! They haven't seen each other IRL for 15 months.

Since B&M school has canceled due to weather, DS12 wants to have his daylight hours free to be with his friends. He decided to spend 3 hours last night working on today's school assignments. He only has about an hour of school work to do this morning and then he will have the rest of the day to do what he wants.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 am

Morning Twins and y’all...

Today is horse day for me. Spent Monday giving many scratches to the horses. They like to line up against the corral wanting all the scratches we can give. We do us curry brushes but to be honest I believe they prefer fingers. Sometimes they backup and put their dump up again the fence so we can play with their tails or scratch their backsides. Just like kids some don’t like to wait their turn and will bite the horses we’re scratching to make them move zoo they can be scratched!

They were very energetic on Monday and several had the zoomies like dogs get. Once a few started the rest joined in and they spent time galloping around and around the corral. It’s truly a sight to see. Later in the day some of the WW’s came down off the ridge and up to the fence. It got very noise for a while with all
The horses talking to each other.

Sometimes that makes me sad because I feel that our horses would love to break free and joined the WW’s, but I also know it wouldn’t end well for them because some of the WW’s would kill them rather than let ours join their bands. Gotta keep reminding myself to respect Mother Nature.

Yesterday we went to Home dep and I bought 12 bags of garden soil. I have three circles I plant in and I spent time digging up the old dirt in one circle and working the dirt. Hard work because it was like working with cement. After I was done, I spread four bags of new dirt over it and worked it in.

I will do the next circle tomorrow and if my body will let me start on the third. If not I’ll do the third on Friday. We are suppose to have rain over the weekend so I can’t plant till after then. Next week is up in the air as I get my vaccination on Tuesday and don’t know how I will react to that.

I love the idea of being able to burn trash, but where I live it’s not allowed. Sure would make getting rid of unwanted paper much easier.

Harmony...Glad you didn’t have much of a reaction to your shot. I was hoping it would go easy on you.

Twins... hope you have good luck with your contractor today. And Indo agree with your thinking :D

Off to start my day... waving to y’all!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi!

I just came in from burning all the paper that has been building up. There was a lot of it. Now it is all gone. Now I can start again! There is still 2015 to go through and 2018 and 2019 and 2020. When those are done, I will go through my file box again and then, finally, I will go through dh's. He has stuff that goes back into the 90's. Some of it is sensitive and I need to deal with it softly. I don't want to ask him too much about it, and I don't want to hurt his feelings. Remember, I am his 4th wife, so lots of legal paper from a nasty divorce or 2.

Right now he has just given me the head's up AKA hint that he has to go to the store. Today is the 10th, which means the 14th is coming, and he likes to be ready. I've already gotten his card and his gift. There is a chocolate bar that he has hinted at so I need to go get 1 of those. I saw them in the dollar store, so I know where to get it.

Because we ended up having pasta the other night, tonight is liver and onions with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:04 pm

I am up bs is ok.
did my stat bike
qt done
bfast & vits done

next up painting the rolling furniture thing I need to put on paint clothes.
Waving to all.
Today's temps. not to bad here.
23 * to 37*

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Just finished going through another box of paper. I started out shredding it all and then decided since DD's MIL passed away last August and these papers were all from 2011/2015 that I'd just recycle them. Did shred any checking account info or sensitive matter. This woman saved every advertisement, envelope (whether it was empty or not), packing slip, etc, etc, etc. It's unbelievable. Makes me know to keep getting rid of our paper as soon as I can. Poor shredder was slowing down toward the end. Hope I'm not burning it out.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:59 pm

Lunch break here.

Micro is very unhappy with the big dogs being inside the house. The big dogs are unhappy about it too. I have to be careful and cautious when I go near a door because Sam about knocks my legs out from under me trying to get out of the door when I go near it. We have 8 more days of this to get through so hopefully, it will get easier.

Lunch turned out excellent. Everyone is happy with it.

This morning I got two 50 gallon trash bags and handed one to DH. I told him that I am challenging DBro to declutter while he is limited on outdoor activities. I told DH that it was only fair that I'm asking him to do the same thing as DBro. DH and DBro can share misery stories with each other about my challenging them to declutter their things. I was somewhat surprised that DH immediately started in on his clothes closet and filled his bag.

I'm enjoying the CUOP and reading about activities.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Dee that right there is part of why I am doing this paper thing. I don't want my dd or dh to have to deal with it all.

BUT my goodness... I have a clear file box full of "komono" AKA stuff ala Marie Kondo. I decided to ta race myself to see how much of this box I could get through when dh went to the store. Ai yi yi!! I think I had a thing with buying key chains when the ex and I went on vacations! I have an entire small zippered sandwich bag full of wooden key chains from Cuba. I also have a LOT of magnets from all over the place. Yikes. I did manage to get some stuff put away and I am so flabbergasted at these 3 little bags full of 1. Cuba key chains 2. Other key chains 3. Magnets. I also had 5 or 6 little change purses from Monaco, Barcelona, Florence and a couple of plain ones. Those are already in one of my drawers.

Last night I went through all of my drawers in the bedroom. 6 large and 2 small ones. They all had a bit of space at the back where things could be put away. I decided to put stuff into those spaces today so I didn't have to look at this full file box. I am actually making progress.

Edited to add that taking up a large amount of space in this file box was a photo box that was empty. I put the 4 sandwich bags with the magnets and key chains into this box. I think I will choose some good magnets and actually put them on the fridge. :shock:

I put most of them on the side of the fridge. I actually put a couple into a donation bag. I also had a small bag full of pins from when my dd was in roller derby. They were inexpensive at the time. Now they are rusty. They all got tossed into the garbage.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”