WEDNESDAY Anti Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: WEDNESDAY Anti Procrastination PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:50 pm

OMM I have talked to a realtor got a random flyer. I was calling to get hubby's name off.
I know why they say to not make major changes for the first year.
I takes a yr. At least to sort shread and deal with estate stuff.
But I can tell the kids cone get what you want I have talked to a realtor! :idea:
I do not have to tell em I did not agree to list it.

Got info. For future reference the realtor said she has done yard sales for you & list stuff you want to sell,
have a cleaning crew come in for you. And yes it could be listed as is.
I did not know where I woul d go then I remembered my sisters house. Smile.
The kids would have a fit! :roll: sigh any way that is one of my options.

Just thought of an option for some items.
I painted the furniture dolly yellow that was fun!

I am still doing kindle research picked a different bundle & cover package today. LOL!
I started a book wish list.

Got the dresser moved with that dolly in to the spare room, and I put the dolly under the spare bed!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:15 pm

The theme of activities this week seems to be CANCELLED.
** After keeping ourselves quarantined for 6 months we planned to return to Wednesday night church activities tonight, however, church services have been canceled due to the weather.
** Schools were closed today and have already canceled for tomorrow.
** Our Military base has closed today and has already announced being closed tomorrow.
** c19 vaccine clinics staffed by county health dept have closed due to the weather. The 1500 appointments a day will be rescheduled.
** Multiple vendors are announcing Valentine's treat orders (specialized candy/cookies/etc) are being delayed since they can't be delivered or picked up. I'm guessing we will celebrate Valentine when it warms up?
Traffic is being discouraged because the roads have black ice.

Our local FB groups have people getting desperate since some are experiencing their septic system has frozen. They are facing another 8 days (at least) until it thaws. It seems the utilities of the newly built home aren't handling the cold weather well. Some crazy (IMHO) ideas are being discussed such as build a fire on top of the septic system and lines to thaw it out.

The weather people are predicting 10-15" of snow here this weekend. The good news is they say since it is so cold that it will be big fluffy snow and no more ice. Hum....the tree limbs are already hanging low with .about a 1/4" inch of ice on them. Maybe the snow will not stick to that and weigh them down further.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:30 pm

Nancy - good for you checking out all options available to you.

As soon as we finish raising children, I want to move to a smaller place with less maintenance. I've watched both of our DMoms grow older and continue living in the same place, but they could not maintain it. Their location did not match their reduced physical abilities (struggled with stairs, etc). I am hopeful to learn from their experience and be willing to change living location to match my ability (and desire) to do maintenance.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:56 pm

Dd has talk ed of building a dupl ex but that was before lumber prices skyrocketed.
Dsis area has really minimal innernet service to the area.

So happy I got the dining room swept it looks better now in there.
I have thought of the stairs issue sigh.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Nancy, LOL about listing. Does your Sister live nearby? My DSis-in-law moved/rented, sold 2 houses she owned within months of becoming a widow. Soon, when things happened and she had to move out of the family rental and begin building all over again she was sorry she'd done that. She listened to her family about what she should do. It benefited them, not her.

LadyM I can't believe the weather you are having. We're having a great time, it's beautiful here right now. Warm but not steamy.

Cathy, the souvenirs you collected took up far less space than what some people collect (coffee mugs, tshirts, stuffed animals). I have a few rocks and some seashells. TShirts wore out ages ago. Course, we're not big travelers either.

So DH went to big city south of us to his ankle dr. He's gotten used to going down there by himself and it's not such a big chore any more. I quit going when they didn't want extra people in the waiting rooms and he was through the operation and recovering. DH was not happy when I first did that. But he adjusted and got with the program not to rely on me. Today he had to fill out whole patient packet all over again and acknowledged that he found his medical cards and a card with his Rx's listed in his wallet. Took care of it all himself just like an adult. :P

I did get him to agree that if I could get him an appointment first thing in the morning when the vaccine place opens up, maybe he'd not have to wait so long, and he said ok he'd do that. Now to make that impossible thing happen.....

Once I had the car back to use today I went down and picked up our Rxs. Stopped in a store I've been waiting to visit and another $ store and found his otc glasses. Now he should have enough around here that I'm not running to find his glasses all the time. It's the first I've been out to do anything other than groceries and necessities and it felt wonderful to get out for a bit.

I know I'm not 100% with my immunity and it is still unsafe out there, but I feel a bit safer now than I did. I thought I wouldn't feel this way for a long time.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:47 pm

When I walked the dog M came out about to walk with R uby so we walked several laps together. I dropped Muff off after the first lap, that's enough for her. So I was considering not doing errands today but remembered that it's anti procrastination day. Whoops. I did comprise with myself and will push off getting groceries until tomorrow, but run the others. :shock:

Ack, didn't get this posted earlier. Back from other errands, have been upstairs all afternoon...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:12 pm

Canceled canceled canceled. That is the word I'm hearing and seeing everywhere. The weather people say to make plans to not travel on roads from Saturday to mid next week.

Our church has already announced Sunday services are canceled due to the weather.

Our country health dept just announced they are not scheduling any c19 vaccines the rest of the week AND none next week. The people who need their 2nd shot are being told to wait and take it late. They are hoping to resume giving shots in 12 days ...if the predicted weather storms #2 and #3 have passed and the roads are safe to travel. It will be interesting to see if our c19 cases are reduced because all activities are canceled. The bad news is the vaccine program is paused for a week and half.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:32 pm

Just came into the office and realized I had left this page open. I promise I haven't been sitting here for all that time.

Supper was perfect. I have gotten into the "habit" of clearing the table off as soon as we get up just in case the kittens decide to help themselves to anything on the table.

I have already taken off my clothes and tossed everything into the washer and I am in my flannelette nightie and thick socks and thick housecoat.

I think I might try to go to bed earlier tonight. I say "try" because Blue Bloods is on, even if it is a repeat, I love that show. Tom Selleck and my dh have very similar mustaches, even though dh's has a lot more gray in it. ;)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:41 pm

DD9 finally finished her school assignments at 5pm. She has been happily lollygagging. Ohs well.

Instructions have been received on how to drive during the winter weather storm -
Pretend you are taking your Grandma to church. There is a platter of biscuits and 2 gallons of sweet tea in glass jars in the back seat.
Grandma is wearing a new dress and holding a crockpot of gravy.
:lol:

Blue Blood! I haven't watched that show in forever. It sounds like a great binge-worthy series. Lately, I have been watching Gilmore Girls for the gazillionth time because it makes me quickly fall asleep.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:14 pm

I tried to thaw the frozen pipe behind the toilet without success. For the past 24 hours, I have an electric heater about a foot from the wall blowing hot air on it but that hasn't worked. Today I hung a heating pad on the sheetrock wall and turned it on high....nope, the pipe in the wall is still frozen. Ohs well.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”