Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:50 pm

Our home is noisy with laughter and talking. We have 4 kids in our home plus DGD10 talking on video. I question my sanity to be happy about returning to normal life. In hindsight, the lack of activities during c19 quarantine now seems like a vacation from life. Vacation is over.

DD9 has finished school so that means I can take off the teacher hat and focus on other things.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:41 pm

Day #3 of making the big dogs come inside the house had apparently exceeded Buddy's tolerance level. He absolutely refuses to come back into the house now. I'll try again after it gets dark. Maybe he will be willing then. Making a Great Pyrenee do something they don't want to do isn't easy. Buddy went years refusing to enter a building of any kind. He wouldn't even go inside a barn with big open doors. I thought he was past this. *sigh*

I just bought the next year of Teaching Textbook software for DS12 to start tomorrow. Math has always been DS12 hardest subject. Last October he was struggling, feeling overwhelmed, and starting to hate Math so I decided to drop back two grade levels and make sure he is understanding everything. He has finished 2 years of Math curriculum since October. He has been doing a week of Math lessons every day. I didn't know if this plan would work but doing homeschool allows change what isn't working and try things. Thankfully it has been a wonderful change. DS12 has now caught up with his friends and is confident in his Math skills.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Yea LM on the success there.

I watched the part gov. Statement we are going to phase two here not till Mon. However 25 % use of things that have been closed like gyms and cafe's and hopfully bank lobby will reopen as well.
There is one county that is not moving foirwar they have a large Hispanic population there.
Did walk the dog it got up to 33* here today I believe.
We have winter this weekend 1 - 2 " of snow in the forecast so not much planned anyway. No snow yet it was suppised to start at 7:00.
I did the dishes. Had soup & toast for my dinner.
Got my step goal in today..

Return to “Post When You Can”