Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 pm

Taking a break to drink my second cup of coffee...

Landry started
Silverware cleaned
Sweeties cookies made
Cleaned the kitchen
Reorganized my vitamin shelf
Prepped for dinner

Wanted to work on my office and vacuum, but that will have to wait.
Need to get outside and start digging in my holes before it gets too hot :D

Meant to add all my morning routines were done before my first cup off coffee. Know LM is working on the same thing. I was extremely tired last night, but all my footprints were picked up before I put my pj’s on. I was in bed by 7:30, but read till after 9. Up this morning before 6:30 and trying to make that a habit again. Course as time goes on, the sun will natural rise earlier in the day. My body naturally follows the sunrise and right now it’s still very dark here at 7, but by summer the sun will rise and be shining brightly by 5 am and so will I :D
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:00 pm

I kinda wonder about all the talk of all the kids not being able to socialize unless they are going to school. Are they sitting in front of computers and not seeing any friends, not going anywhere or doing absolutely anything with anybody? I'm thinking about 1 of my Grandsons, who did virtual school for the first 1/2 of the year because if he went back to school his friends' parents wouldn't let them socialize together. So BECAUSE he did the virtual thing he was able to see those friends who also did that same thing.

RRose, have you ever seen the horses they bring to Chincoteque (I can't begin to spell that island right); I believe that's in New Jersey? I have a sil in NE PA and they go to see that once in a while. I don't know much about it but I thought it was to adopt excess wild horses from somewhere.

I've been trying to get caught up around here, it's looking a bit messy. Desk is cleaned up somewhat, still more to do. It doesn't take too many days of not picking everything up to look bad, does it?

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Harmony...

I don’t know about those horses. Been a very long time since I lived in NJ although my family still does. Usually adoptions of WW’s occur because the state govt rounds the horses up because they are seen as a problem. When this happens people are allowed to adopt the horses and in some states those horses that are left are slaughtered

That why this asso has made sure they are working so hard along with the AZ state and federal govt to make sure this is not done to our horses. The birth control program is vital in keeping all the bands small
And manageable. Two years ago we had 100 foals born and last year only 16. We are trying to reach “0” population meaning if 10 WW’s die naturally only 10 foals will be born the next year to replace them. We expect to reach “0”’population in the next 2-3 years and are working very hard to achieve that.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:46 pm

DDIL PASSED!!!
We now have a full-fledged RN in the family! (Well, we always had my cousin’s wife, but now we have one TWO in our immediate family! I forgot that dbro's girlfriend is now officially IN the family and is now dbro's WIFE! :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: )
So proud of her!!! And I know she is relieved beyond words!

It’s raining here and I am being a total slug.
Last edited by lucylee on Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:11 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! LucyLee - this is a huge accomplishment for your DDIL and all that have supported her!

Lunch time here.

I'm pleased with how lunch turned out. Everyone gave a thumbs-up review.

Are they sitting in front of computers and not seeing any friends, not going anywhere or doing absolutely anything with anybody?

Yup. Pretty much. That is the reason I took all restrictions off the kids spending time online. It gave both of the kids more time to talk and interact with their friends. DS12 has continued to see his friends because they do outside activities (riding bikes, etc) that I have considered to be in the safe category. DD9 friends don't like to play outside so it has been more of a challenge to keep her connected with her friends. Other than online and being in a bubble with one neighborhood girl, DD9 hasn't been with her friends for 6 months. Our state is one that has no restrictions on anything. However, I have put restrictions on ourselves to protect DH. Now that we have received both c19 shots we are opening the doors for us to join the rest of our community doing activities.

DS12 has finished all his school assignments due today. He only wore 2 layers of clothes yesterday and said he was so cold he wanted to cry. (He could have come inside to get warm). Today he has put FOUR layers of clothes on to stay warm while he plays outside with his friends.

62 SHE cards completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:43 pm

I'm enjoying learning about wild horses. I know BLM has contracts with many ranches and organizations to care for the wild horses. I seem to remember hearing they pay $1.30 a day per horse/burro for their care. It has been our experience that horses require much more care than cows.

Last week, DBro sent his 2-year-old colt to Missouri to be ridden for a few months by someone he trusts. DBro is very excited about the possibilities of this colt. In his opinion, it has great potential. He claims it has the 5 best sires ever known in its ancestry. It is unknown how a colt will turn out so there are years of training while waiting for the horse to mature. I recently was teasing DBro as he was bragging about how well this colt responds to new experiences. It reminded me what a new father sounds like when they talk about their first kid taking a step.

DH just arrived home from spending a few hours with his DMom. He said the country roads are not slick....yet. Small flakes of snow are falling but there is no accumulation. It just looks like the sky has a BAD case of dandruff.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:47 pm

Dd called and got a job from the lead I gave her yeasterday. We had a good chat.
Her cat died he was old but she got to be there with a friend and had better conversation with her ex.
I cleared out a dresser and slid it down the hall on a rug to go to the paint room or a diff room.
Rolled an office chair out of the spare room thiis will not fit under any of the desks we have here! Sigh I think it needs to go.
Wheels are handy how ever for rolling boxes...

I took the folding chairs back downstairs brought them up in Nov. For thanksgiving but were not needed.
Glad that is done.
My shoes came yea they fit and are the right color just what I ordered. They were in a diff. Than irigional box however.
Got a diff. Small pkg. Thought it was a small item I had also ordered but was the neighbor's took it over to them.
I did a bit of dusting.
Paid a bill.
19* / 32* today's temp. Range.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Went to get gas in car. Went to both banks. Got milk. Got cat toys. Got a shallow dish for dry cat food. It was sliding/being pushed off of the plate I had in there. Silly kittens.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks, LadyM -- yes -- it IS a huge accomplishment. DDIL just made a FB post where she talked about being diagnosed with arthritis (rheumatoid AND osteoarthritis) pretty soon after she was accepted into nursing school, and how she has struggled to manage her own appts, dgd's appts, and dgs' therapy appts... and she thanked "both our parents" for watching the dgrands... and others who had encouraged and supported her. I know it HAS been hard for her, and probably I have been hard on her too... but she also said maybe now she could "be the wife and mother she was expected to be." Sigh. She does have high hopes for getting their house in order, and maybe... maybe... she will realize that some measure of routine is required to keep it that way.

I know her hours are going to be crazy crazy -- but maybe only for 3-4 days a week, and maybe they will be more "regular" from this point on.
She is determined to work nights, so will have to sleep days during her work days -- but as she said, days would be just as crazy -- the hospital day shift is 13 hours, 6-7, or 7-8? I'm not sure -- but at any rate she would definitely not be able to take the dgrands to school or pick them up, and ds would not be able to either, most days anyway. So -- nights are probably better.

I've been on my phone all morning -- but I did s2s, finally.

Not accomplishing anything at all, except I sent the email for teacher group -- we are skipping this month's meeting again.

Dgrands will be here at 4:00 pm and stay for a few hours.

On the phone with dmom now...
Who reminded me that we have TWO nurses in our immediate family.
I have to edit my earlier post! I keep forgetting I have a dsister-in-law now!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Done!!!! Four hours of digging in the dirt and now it’s time to put my feet up and enjoy my apple!

Congrats to Lucylees dil! Ahhh, I remember those days and being in school, working three jobs and taking care of my son and I started back at 38. My son ate many grilled cheese sandwiches and cheese eggs during that time plus I was running up and down the I-65 for 6-8 hours every Friday night and Sunday every third weekend.

The group I went to classes with always had tales about how disorganized their homes were. Some had 5 loads to wash, some had 7 loads to fold and the winner of our group said she ran out of towels and handed out rolls of paper towels to her kids to use when they showered!!!
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”