Fri-Yay PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Fri-Yay PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:02 pm

I just received a stern email from DD9 teacher
I can only imagine how relieved you'll be to have DD back in B&M school, LadyM! This teacher has to be way over the top!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Our schools have been way more lax on the state standards here. That helps, they are resuming sports football this spring. Dd & dgson are elated.

I am seeing 2" of snow on the table on the deck now out side still snowing fine and light.
Walked the dog around the block see j & c for details it was eventful.
Snow removal does not give as many steps as other activities.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Ditto Dee!!!

I'm a lucky girl...Sweetie sent me some beautiful flowers for Valentine's Day!!! He hasn't surprised me like that in a while and I'm lovin' it ;D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:58 pm

a dietician. What a massive waste of time.

Sadly, that has been my experience too.

I am looking forward to DD9 returning to B&M school. There are many good things about doing school at home but IMHO they don't outweigh the benefits of IRL school. This year of adoption and hormonal body change has probably been good for DD9 to have some quieter time to adjust. But I want her to return to "real" school. ALTHOUGH....the girls at her age are all about the pecking order, clannish and they can be mean. I'm not looking forward to that aspect of B&M school.

I suspect DS12 will never return to B&M school because he doesn't' need school to provide social activities. He already spends hours with friends every day. He likes having the option to work ahead on school assignments so he can have daylight hours free. He is looking forward to starting half-day vo-tech classes in two more years. I plan for him to start attending college classes in 3 more years. DS12 is dead set against going to college but I can be persistent. We will see. Time is flying!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Checking back in ... still snowing 2.5" - 3 " of snow here now, I cleared the driveway again, the deck needs attn.
My phone is charging so not tracking my steps this afternoon.

I have goofed off basically.
Neighbors did not do the school run wondering if there was a snowday.
Had dinner.
Might have enough snow to do snow angels. Kids are playing on 3-4 wheer in the snoow on ou r street.
Stat bike time done.
2-3" more expected in this round by 4 tomorrow afternoon.
I will shovel clear snow again this evening.

Cleared off an end table by the couch and took it out of the living room. I need to p aint it or get a different one as I do not love this one.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:28 pm

Home from the grocery store and the dollar store. This was a rare time that the entire family went to the store together. The kids picked out their adoption cakes and valentine's gifts. DD9 selected a big stuffed animal. DS12 selected gloves and a hat. Neither one was interested in the 'real" Valentine items. This might be the first time in decades that I haven't bought chocolates, Valentine cards, etc. Ohs well... They are happy with their choices so it's all good.

It feels like 3F. Baby, it is cold out there! DS12 is disappointed because none of his friends want to play outside. Smart friends!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:50 pm

Happy "Gotcha Day" to dd9 -- isn't that what they call it? I don't blame you for wanting her back in B&M school, LadyM... but I also don't blame you for dreading the girl-drama.
I worry a lot about my dgrands being bullied as they get older -- dgs especially -- because he is so... him. :D It's probably borrowing trouble, because so far, dgs has LOVED everything about school. EVERYTHING. But he does have trouble making real connections with other kids and being able to join in on normal kid conversations (from what I can detect). But who knows? He's come a long way already since pre-k, and with his resource teachers' guidance and the kind encouragement and support he gets from the other teachers and staff members, who all seem to love him, he may learn to relate to his peers better by the time he gets to the pre-teen years.

DGD is very outgoing (and stubborn) I think she will be able hold her own when she reaches the "mean girl" age. I hope so anyway. * Ha! I hope she doesn't become one of the mean girls! :roll:

She is spending the night, and tomorrow we will have both of them from 2:30 pm till whenever ds gets through with a virtual music event he is doing. It will be late, but we told ds, he has to come get dgd; we are not going to try to do church with both of them. This is a constant irritation with me -- dgd needs to be in church also, but if she goes, she will either be playing in the nursery, probably by herself, or she will go to children's church with dgs, and she will be the youngest in there, by at least 3 years. And sometimes, no one would be there except her and dgs. The children's church teacher is AMAZING -- a retired kindergarten teacher herself, who now works as a supervisor in the pre-k program in our region of the state. But children's church only lasts about 20-30 minutes, and the hassle of getting both of them up and dressed just isn't worth it to me at this point.
It irritates me because no one else seems willing to take on this responsibility. :evil: DDIL has been working a LOT of Sat. nights, DS is in mask-rebellion, they both claim they do not want to attend when we have the contemporary style service and (they say) they never know which one we will be having (church email usually says, however) and the dinlaws haven't started coming to church regularly yet. So if if is to be, it is up to me, and until regular Sunday School classes resume, I'm just not up to it.

Anyway... dh and I have had a very nice day and tomorrow looks okay. It IS cold here, and the weather forecast for the first of the week is kinda "iffy" here, so we will see what that brings.

:?: :arrow:
I have something that keeps rolling around in my head. I'm having such a problem making myself establish good habits...
I have a 21-day checklist where I should be adding one a day -- these are things I was having a problem being consistent with. I always s2s, so it's not on this list. But I am struggling with
-- weekly
-- zone
-- project (photo albums, scrapbooks, misc)
among other things.
So far I am doing pretty great at
-- am exercise
-- am water
-- am tidy bed
-- Bible study.
BUT -- WHB, Zone, and Projects... just continue to be a constant source of frustration to me. :evil:

So I drift back and forth between thinking I am just useless if I cannot/do not DO all these THINGS...
and then thinking WHY do I CARE??? The house is neat and company-ready almost all the time and NO ONE gives a rip if I vacuum even every two weeks or not. No one cares if I dust. No one cares if I clean bathrooms.
Now, I know, if these things are not done at least somewhat regularly, they become mountains instead of molehills and take ten times as long... so it is important to "keep up" on some sort of regular routine. But these things do NOT have to be done Every Single Day... so making them HABITS is difficult.
I just wondered if anyone else struggles with this sort of thing.
Maybe I just need a "quality time" block to train myself to do something that will make me feel productive. One day quality time could be WHB, the next might be working on photo albums, the next zone? Just so I could check off that I spent at least 15 minutes each day doing SOMETHING besides playing on my phone?
Hmmm... this is the absolute very first time that sort of idea has come to me in any form or fashion. I can't believe I never thought of this before.
It helps to just "talk" things out here, even if y'all aren't talking back yet! :o
What do y'all think?
Would this work for a person like myself who struggles with wanting sooo badly to be PERFECTLY ORGANIZED AND PRODUCTIVE vs having a strong natural tendency to want to lie in bed and read or play on her phone all day long?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”