Fri-Yay PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fri-Yay PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:57 am

Friday isn't such a big deal when we don't work outside the home, but still, we're happy to be at Friday!

Did you realize that Valentine's is two days away?

That we're over 1/3 of the way through February already?

Lots to do (I almost went with Focused Friday!) so choose an alternate if you need to!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Fri-Yay PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 am

Good Morning!

Fri-YAY! I love it! Thanks for the smile, Twins!

I'm loving this Friday because it is a 3 day weekend for us. Monday is a US holiday so no school!

My planning for the day -
** Weather = 21/12F Feels like 0/15F 15-20mph Snow flurries (No accumulation expected)
** Project of the Day = The 2 kitchen drawers I didn't get to from yesterday
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = Start overs without consequences
** Life Skill taught = Self Control vs Self Indulgence
** On the menu today = Pizza and Salad Bar
** On the schedule today =
    -- Homeschool
    -- Epic School

Buddy (GP dog) did finally come inside the house last night. He wasn't happy that we made him come inside but he is content as he is sprawled across the floor at my feet. Only 7 more days of this weather staying below freezing. I can do this. (repeating to myself)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:56 am

Hi!

It's snowing and blowing here. Lots of accidents, according to FBook.

Supper tonight will be soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Dh will have pea soup and I will have tomato. We had planned on getting take out from somewhere, but had also planned on seeing whether we got the expected storm... which we are getting.

Monday is also a holiday here in Ontario. Not sure about which other provinces/territories have made it a holiday. March break has also been switched this year to a week in April. I don't think they did anything with "reading week".
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:14 am

Morning...

I was tired after my day in the dirt yesterday. Spent 4+ hours breaking up and shoveling dirt in my garden circles getting them ready so I can plan my sunflowers. Was going to do more work today but there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow and Sunday morning. Depending how much rain we get, I may be back at it Sunday afternoon. Otherwise it will be later next week before I can plant.

I was already dressed and did my morning routines before my first cup of coffee. I still have some footprints to pick up as I was too tired to do that last night. My laundry still needs to be folded and I want to finish rearranging my office. Also need to vacuum as I have tiny bits of hay scattered here and ther around the house.

I washed and put my hummingbird feeders back out, but it wasn’t long before the bees were attacking it again. Even the bee guards couldn’t keep them out. My trees are filled with hummers as they are so usher to feeding from my feeders and are not happy about the situation. My hope is after the desert blooms the bees won’t need to use my feeders and I can put them back out. I didn’t start using the feeders till the middle of the summer last year and didn’t have this problem then.

Off to start my day. The sun is shining in on a compartment of my entertainment center showing me the dust I missed the other day. Will put that on my “ things I accomplished” list after I take care of it

LM...
I enjoyed reading about your brothers horse. In some area of CO they recently had a wild horse round up. This breaks my heart because now I realize that wild horses travel I family bands and the govt is planning to sell these horses corn adoption at $1 apiece and I know the families will now be broken up. The hope is horse trainers will buy multiple horse to break and then train and sell for profit. Those horses remaining most likely will end up at a slaughter house.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:35 am

And I need to get moving! (Should have been "let's move" Friday!)

Yesterday I didn't do WHB. I worked on the case study instead. I'm really wanting to get it near completion.

So today I need to get WHB done!

Whoops, I'm so ADD I didn't get this posted earlier. I've s2s-ed, walked the dog and am ready to set a timer at :15 before the hour. (Need to grab a quick brunch first) I'll work to BOTH, if anyone's playing along today.

It's 10 degrees colder than it was yesterday a.m. and still rainy. Good day to be inside. Yesterday we had rain almost all day, it was nice to use it for working at the computer.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Good morning! Semi-lollygagging here. Couldn't manage to drag my butt into the shower, so I dragged it downstairs to work on a grocery list. I started work on it last night; it's still got a lot of work to go, particularly as I am attempting to change my diet. I've spent a chunk of the morning researching high-protein snacks that are also low in cholesterol and don't contain nuts DC is allergic to. I'm not worried about DH tucking into the snacks, so they can go ahead and have soy or chickpeas or whatever in them, but I worry about DC.

Darn! I left my meds upstairs. I was so worried about getting my antibiotics in correctly that I forgot my regular meds. As for the antibiotics -- I have now learned from experience what my mother and grandmother told me so many times: "Don't pick!" I managed to get a spot on my face infected. It looks like the antibiotics will do the trick; my lymph node or adenoid or whatever is much less swollen just from yesterday evening's dose.

Brr, LadyM! You are colder than we are today -- and, I imagine, much less used to it.

Monday is also a holiday here in Ontario
Ah, yes, Cathy! What is it called? "Family Day"? I call it "Take Your Kids to a Hockey Tournament in the US Day." When the girls played hockey, we saw plenty of Canadian teams at President's Day weekend tournaments.

How sad about the horses, Rose. I hope the bees depart soon. I suppose there's no way to get them to share with the hummers.

I may play along, Twins, though I don't know how well making a list will go with working to the TOTH/BOTH.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:15 pm

I so well remember February hockey tournaments as well, Mystery! Of course 2 separate years DS-A went to the International PeeWee tournament in Quebec -once as New Jersey Devils and once as St. Louis Blues (they had to be sponsored by an NHL team). With the pandemic I have to wonder if that tournament even happened this year. Both dsons (R & A) played travel hockey. Seems we were paying for it long after they were finished playing. DS-R played as an adult up to until 2 or 3 years ago when he injured his shoulder badly (and ended up having extensive surgery on it twice). DS-A remains a coach to this day and his teams always do well. DGS8 who couldn't even skate 3 years ago is an exceptional player as well, Mystery. Lots of memories over the years.

I'm tired. Didn't go to sleep until after 4 this morning so it's 'dragging day' for me.

I'd forgotten there's no school Monday. One of dd's co-teachers a much beloved teacher died yesterday of Covid. He'd taught right up until he contracted the virus 3 weeks ago and ended up in the hospital. The funeral is being held the 20th in their football stadium. He had retired back in 2006 and within 6 months returned to the school. DD said he was the first one to pop in her classroom when she started last year to welcome her "to the family". The funeral is the weekend of the yard sale for dsonil's Mom's stuff at dbil's. Dh told dd last night, "There'll be enough of us there, you go ahead and go to the service!" Today they're all wearing green as he was always fondly known as "Coach" but his last name is the same as the color. Oh when will this pandemic go away? Unfortunately I think that's a question without answer.

Aaarrrgghhhh! Dh went to get groceries at a P ublix after his walk today. I've been trying to get on their website to make an appointment (especially for dh for the vaccine). Still haven't heard from the county site. So, dh says "Oh, there was a guy at the door asking if I wanted to make an appointment." I would have just cancelled his queue with the county. I'm pretty afraid he won't be able to get an appointment in time for his 2nd one to be administered before he leaves. Then he'll have to start all over again in NY.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Today's adventures are snow removal for my exercise. We have an inch here it is still snowing.
I swept the deck and cleared the patio but you cannot tell now bc it started snowing again.
I have been doing a goals review made somne progress this year so far. Yea!

Not a good day for delivering donations so I started a list that helped.
I am going to set a dresser up for stuff to let go of of h. In the basement
That the kids are not ready to let go of yet.
Maybe... not sure of the wisdom of this bc there is one already full of family farm & stuff.
I have nice NRA hats with pins. Sigh ... not my thing.
If it was not snowing I would put things outside in the truck, carport or shop.
One room ius nearly cleaned out [again].

My energy & mood are good today.
I have already done my project for this week paintesd the dresser.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:16 pm

HVAC fellas are here with the part to fix one of the central heaters. The fellas did a temporary fix while waiting for the part to arrive so we had heat. The part is $450 plus labor. This unit is approaching 3 decades old so I asked the HVAC fellas if it was time to replace it. They said it was old but in great shape and didn't need to be replaced.

The weather people say we should plan to not drive for 4 days (Saturday thru Tuesday) because of the amount of snow expected. I want to go to the grocery store after the kids finish school today. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of DD9 adoption and she asked if we could have a cake to celebrate it. I also need to get something for the kid's Valentine.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:38 pm

LadyM, I can't believe it's been a year already!

Return to “Post When You Can”