Fri-Yay PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Fri-Yay PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:24 pm

I can't believe it's been a year either, LadyM. But! You have accomplished a lot with her in over a year. I also can't believe you're having such horrible weather for so many days.

Dh called the guy who called last week to see if we'd come to a 'gathering' at the Der Dutchman in Sarasota, FL yesterday. Guess how many they had? 4, including them. One other couple was there from Bradenton. They just don't get it that we 'older' folks especially, can't do these kinds of gatherings at this point. I remember her being very defiant last year, probably April/May by hosting several gatherings at their residence in FL and posting pictures on FB. They've been in trouble at our campground as well because she would defy the health department's orders. It's not so much him as her.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:28 pm

LM...ditto what Twins said :D

Finally made it to my office as have started my work.

So far I
Started a loaded laundry and flipped it.
Foaled last nights load and put it all away
Worked rearranging in my MB closet.. not planned, just happened
Deep cleaned the kitchen

Been messaging back and forth while I work with one of my long ago BBF that have recently reconnected with. Don’t see this as an interruption as her friendship beings me great joy and happiness!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:36 pm

Dh brought me home a gyro and picked up lunch for him and dd. She came over and they ate on the porch outside. Forty two degrees, feels like thirty-eight!

I kept working, breaking again and making decent progress.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:08 pm

Dh had a customer today. His best friend's sister is getting her car towed to our place again because whatever the issue was last time is back again. That makes it 2 customers in 1 day!! Things are picking up. Plus he has one of his corporate customers tomorrow for an oil change.

Dh and I have both been laying on the bed reading.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:18 pm

I have cleared the driveway.
Time to do the deck & patio again.
Had lunch.
Need to journal.
NextUp
S2s
Lunch break

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:39 pm

I'm still going. I'm getting faster at this, after almost a year. Of course, I was doing a lot more initially too.

I'll get to a stopping place in the next round of 45 min. I should take the vacuum upstairs to my workroom but.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:51 pm

I just received a stern email from DD9 teacher with a detailed list of all the backlog assignments that DD9 needs to do this weekend. She said, "Monday is a holiday but you do not get this day off". The email ended with this message - YOU MUST WORK EVERYDAY UNTIL YOU ARE CAUGHT UP!!!

I responded that she had the wrong >>>insert first name". The teacher was very apologetic about the mistake. Receiving this email gave me a glimpse into what happens if we didn't get DD9 school assignments completed on time. We have only been late once when I got sick after taking the 2nd c19 shot. I notified the teacher why we were late and she gave us 48 hours to get caught up.

DS12 has finished school for the day & week. He still has guitar practice to do. DD9 is working on her Math and then has all her papers to do (7 assignments). She will finish in about 2 hours....hopefully.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:31 pm

LadyM, I wonder if all the teachers are that strict / stern.

I had an eye dr. appointment today and DH took me because I had notice that I'd be dilated. Well, boy did they dilate my eyes. Pupils are still big and round as saucers. Had a very thorough examination including pictures of my retina. There is a change in my right eye in its vision but it is so minimal they said it is not worth changing my lenses. I had figured if I was to change them I would do the ones that darken. Had them for years and they're much more convenient than doing separate sunglasses and going on and off with them all the time.

Don't know why it's taking this long for my eyes to recover. I had the eye drops a little after 10:00 this morning. Doorbell rang here and I stepped outside (mail lady had something I had to sign) and the sunshine hit me and I began sputtering and coughing... and this poor lady was close and stepped back. I felt so bad I did that. But I'd been sitting in a darkened room and had fallen asleep and this was just a shock... I had opened my eyes trying to read the envelope and I couldn't even see where she was standing in the bright light... 8-) if only I'd grabbed my sunglasses.

Going back to the dark room. This computer screen is hurting my head.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:40 pm

And I'm done. Stick a fork in me!

Of course, soon the dog will be nagging me for a walk. :lol:

I'm going to sit here at the counter and see what I can clean out of my inbox.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 pm

Dh just had 2 back-to-back calls with (first) someone from the dietician's office and (second) a dietician. What a massive waste of time. Neither 1 of them told us anything that we don't already know.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”