SALUBRIOUS SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: SALUBRIOUS SATURDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:03 pm

Hmmm... this is the absolute very first time that sort of idea has come to me in any form or fashion. I can't believe I never thought of this before.
It helps to just "talk" things out here,

YES! I totally agree.

Good Morning!

I woke up in 3 day weekend mode, bad weather day, and just generally thinking we had nothing to do today so I laid in bed this morning instead of getting up. I stretched and told DH that I might stay in bed all day and he encouraged me to do it. At no time did my thoughts go to "I should check the calendar". Laying in bed resulted in the kids missing their guitar lessons. ***Big Sigh** THIS is the reason I have to use SHE cards for the simplest of things. Checking the calendar never crossed my mind without a SHE card to remind me. Sad but true.

Our local FB group is full of people with frozen water and sewer lines. This is due to cold weather that many homes weren't built to deal with. And now I'm hearing reports the water MAINS are freezing. Ugh. We are the last house on the water main so there are no other houses past us to help keep the water flowing. I've got 5 faucets in our home streaming water 24/7 to try and keep the lines from freezing. Our state has now officially been declared in a state of emergency due to the weather. There have been many deaths already. However, we have only got cold weather so far with a little bit of ice. The snow hasn't even started yet. They are predicting 12-15" of snow by Monday then a 2nd winter storm coming through on Tuesday and dropping 8-12" more of snow. Their best guess is TWO FEET of snow by Wednesday. My little corner of the world shuts down when we get 2" of snow. Two feet of snow is impossible to comprehend. It looks like we are going to get a glimpse into Northern SHE's type of winter. On the good news side.....our weather is supposed to get up to 36F next Friday.....only 6 more consecutive days/nights of below-freezing weather.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:09 pm

Crock pot is going with soup for today.
I have water on the stove for some moisture bc it can get dry in winter.
One round of clearing snow is done.
I had bfast.

Planning is done.
Journal has been started.
Cleared off the deck & patio again.
Had soup it was just yummy and hit the spot.

Some winds have kicked up and snow is blowing.
Did the dishes.
Swiffered the bathrooms.
I have the driveway cleared off again feels like the 17th time, and it is starting to thaw a bit the sun came out. It is blowing cannot tell if it is still snowing or not. I got out my snow boots.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:14 pm

I’m up, dressed but moving slowly...

LM... I grew up in NJ and remember 2’ of snow closing down the world. Same with when I lived in TN. Once when I was home hunting in New Orleans a huge ice storm hit freezing the water pipes in our hotel. We were on the 12th floor and were brought several buckets of water so we could wash and flush our toilets.

However when I was living in Mobile we were hit with an unheard of snow storm that dropped 8”
Of snow that closed the town down. I made sure my faucets were dripping as part of my home at the time was built in the 40’s and was built off the ground on cinder blocks. Thankfully nothing froze including our water lines and septic tank.

My son and family live north of Dallas and are expecting 8”’of snow and I think it’s part of your weather system. At least my DGD will have fun.

When we decided to downsize I will look for something with three bedrooms. Our house before this was 1200 square feet and it was very livable. Sweetie and I shared a bedroom that was his office space so I know we can do that again. Before C19 we had quite a few visitors each year so my guest room rally gets used.

I see dust but it will have to wait till tomorrow.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:06 pm

I am highly skeptical of our weather people. They are known to exaggerate and be drama generators to get more people to watch them. I have more trust in a local fella that isn't an officially trained weather person but just loves doing the weather models for a hobby. His take on the next few days is "we will get at least a foot of snow". He says the weather models are not 100% accurate in their predictions because there are too many variables this many hours ahead. They can give the "maybe this will happen" when it is days ahead. Our TV weather people act as if it is a for sure prediction.

I'm at 62 SHE cards completed so I can relax that I have the main things taken care of for today. Kids are clean, fed, and watered. The furkids are fed, watered, and content.

I'm going to put a big pot of beans and ham on to cook the ole fashion way on the stove. It will help in adding moisture to the air.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:51 pm

I'm starting lasagne sauce. I'll put it together in casseroles tomorrow for our dinner tomorrow night, for the freezer, and for the kids.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:43 pm

They are having one heck of a storm just to the west of us. Wind warnings for both large bridges in the region. (Both are on the QEW) We have ice under the snow and it's cold here, but no snow falling.

We had Indian for supper. Dh had coconut curry chicken and I had butter chicken. We shared the rice and Aloo Gobi. Dh had garlic naan bread. There is enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Foolishly, we bought a large chicken for tomorrow night's supper. So, chicken 2 nights in a row. Oh, well...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”