The sweetest Sunday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: The sweetest Sunday!!

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Just cloudy here with a high of 40. We have rain again tonight and tomorrow. I think the western and middle part of this state are getting snow today/tonight. Looks like we're getting lows in the twenties for a couple of days, but that's not unusual.

I finished putting the lasagne's together and texted kids that theirs are ready for pick up. They will need to bake them before serving, but I told them if they wanted to freeze and use later that was fine too. The pans are maybe 10 x 10 and for reheating will go into the microwave. We have one for tonight and one in our freezer for another occasion.

I need to do kitchen clean up but dh is making himself lunch.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Chicken is in the oven. Dh wants a sweet potato with his supper. I don't have a clue what I want.

I have barricaded the one corner where the kittens knock over most of the books. Don't know if it will help or not.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Well, the snow and ice are headed our way now... * sheesh *
We went to Wmart last night, which was a good idea, because everyone is saying they are selling out quickly. We bought a LOT of stuff, but not much we can actually eat without cooking. We have cheese and crackers, pb crackers, granola bars, cereal & milk, bread, and crackers -- saltines and Triscuits. Lots of soft drinks and lemonade, etc. Lots of Valentine candy. But if the power is out for any length of time, we'll be hungry.

It should start later this evening, 6:00 pm --->

Dmom is supposed to get her 2nd Covid shot tomorrow at 1:15. I hope this is all a big false alarm and she can get up there and do that with no problem.
She also has to see the eye doctor's office this week to set up everything for her cataract surgery the 23rd. (She decided to go with the expensive lens; I hope she won't regret that!)

She has gas logs in her sunroom fireplace, so she can have heat even without electricity... BUT she will have no water -- her water still comes from a well with an electric pump. She actually has a generator -- but it is not hooked up! :roll: I told her after this week, she should make it a priority to get that done, because our last long power outage was not because of winter storms, but rather tornadoes.

I guess I can mark off "quality time" on my list today. I did my allergy shots before I took dgs back to church for piano lessons, and since then, I have written the check for the newspaper man, taken the garbage can to the road, refilled my meds, * and took my morning vitamins * (That is an accomplishment, because I just skip my vitamins and supplements a lot of the time. I only had two days to fill from last week. :oops: )
I've talked to dmom, read the paper, texted with a friend to confirm that the young man who was listed in the obituaries IS her nephew... son of the pastor who baptized me and preached at my daddy's funeral.
I need to s/s the guest bath -- it has become apparent that dgs is here, if you know what I mean.
Morning habits -- tidy bed, floor stretching exercises, drink water, Bible study... all done...

Oh -- and I started dgrands' laundry AND dh is now emptying the dishwasher.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:50 pm

LucyLee how old is your grandson? If you make him clean up his mess after every time he goes, his aim will improve quickly, at least at your house. ;)

I will have green peas with my chicken. Dh will have sweet potato and green peas. I put too many in the water after it came to a boil, so there are a LOT of peas. I might also heat up the leftovers from yesterday and have the butter chicken sauce and rice IF I am hungry enough after all those peas... :shock:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Did use the truck between storms. I have gotten a few things at the small mkt. Found cheesecake on sale. Been looking for one since Thanksgiving. :mrgreen: Had a good chat with dd.
Walked the dog diff place at the school parking lot no other dogs around. It was a shorter one but we got out and about.

We have snowman & snow angel type snow.
I remember as a kid doing puzzles on winter break.
Next round has started another advisory is up tonigtht untill tomorow around 4 ish I believe.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:34 pm

Cathy, dgs is 8. You are right — he’s big enough to clean up after himself!

So — dishes all put away, bathroom is s/s, 1 load of laundry in the dryer, 2nd in the washer...
making good progress in case of power outages and ice storm.
Could be we get n o t h I n g. But you never know. We are usually right on the border of the ice/snow line.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 pm

We r bored. Which is good because that means we are not in crisis.

No internet which means no tv and no games.

Everyone including the governor is asking us to turn off all power item not necessary and reduce the temp inside homes. The electric and natural gas utilities are maxed out and they are trying to keep them from total failure.

We have snow drifts taller than my raised bed gardens which are 18" high.

It is currently 3F with feels like -17.

Dgs23 power is supposed to be restored at 8pm. If not he will come here. That means 5 dogs in our house.....update....electricity is back on.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Good evening!

(((Hugs))) and prayers for LadyM, lucylee, Rrose’s family and all others getting unheard-of cold. It has been cold here, but nothing outrageous, not even as cold as those of you further south are getting. Tomorrow and especially Tuesday are supposed to be bitter, though. DH is happy to be staying home tomorrow and has already brought in an armful of firewood so he won’t have to go out and get it.

We had a nice Valentine’s Day, though, other than an exchange of cards, it was basically an ordinary Sunday. Our big highlight was going to pick up groceries.

Hopefully, I will get here tomorrow to see you all. Good night and sweet dreams! Good morning to Lynlee!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:55 pm

(MysteryW) thank you for the greeting.
Its afternoon here. Monday.
yoga, mini shop, lunch.
catch up online.

Stay safe in the weather to all of you, especially those doing extreeemes of anything.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”