The sweetest Sunday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

The sweetest Sunday!!

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 am

St. Valentine's Day!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: The sweetest Sunday!!

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 am

Hi!

It's a beautiful sunny day here!

What are your plans for the day?

We have 2 customers coming over. One is picking up their vehicle. Another has some dash lights on his new-to-him car.

Other than that, I think I might work in the library. It's getting messy in there.

I am roasting a large chicken for supper. Don't know what I'm going to serve with it. Seriously it's so big, I'm thinking cranberry sauce and stuffing! :shock:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 am

Good Morning!

We are without internet and the electric system has failed. I am thankful to have a generator. We have one bathroom with frozen water lines but everything else is still okay. We are just hunkering down and waiting for this winter storm to pass. This afternoon the temp are suppose to get up to 7F. That is not the feels like temp. I dont think I want to know that. At some point it is just too cold to matter.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:38 am

Stay safe, stay warm, Lady M.

Everyone has left here. Dh to church and DD/Dsonil over to dbil to price things for the yard sale. Dh is heading over there after church.

Got a lead for DBiscuit in the mail yesterday. She disappeared on dh and me a couple of weeks ago toward night. Then a few days ago just before dark kids from a few houses away brought her back. So, it's back to tying her when she goes out. Don't want to lose her on the road. She'd been real good about staying in their yard for months, then finally wanderlust took over. She's not happy.

Just soaked my feet and cut my nails. Good to have that done.

Think I'll exercise for a bit then go do up the dishes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:39 am

Good day to hunker down inside, LadyM. Stay safe. Will the cold and snow/ice allow work on the outages?

I'm putting together lasagna this afternoon in four pans and texted the kids to come pick up one for themselves.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Morning...

It’s snowing in Dallas and my son says it’s only 10*. Their home is all electric but they do have a gas fire place. Hope they keep the lights on. Know my dgd will have some fun in the snow at least for a little while.

I put off my planting because of the chance of rain and of course it never happened. May play in the dirt for a while later in the day. Sweetie and I are going on a trial run to where we go to get our shots on Tuesday in a little while. The center is in Phoenix and we are not too familiar with the area. It’s in town, but it will be fun just to get out of the house for a while.

We may go out to dinner for our favorite meal. That will be nice because like the rest of y’all I am tired of cooking.

I have a project I’ve just started working on. My sons 40th birthday is coming up and I decided to make him a special book for his celebration. I saved all the letters his paternal grandmother wrote to him while he was living with me. I plan to put them all together in a book and title it “ Dear John” ... not my sons real name. I put the letters in date order and now need to go through some pictures to go with it.

My son was especially close to his Nana and Pappy so I know it will make him smile.

Stay safe and warm LadyM. This storm is headed to my moms as well, but it won’t get to her till Tuesday or Wednesday. If her electricity goes out, my brother will bring her to his house as he has a large fire place, but no generator.

Waving to y’all ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:35 pm

I have done a round on the kit counters.
Got up at 2:30 in the morning. :shock: was up a while then went back to bed.
Up again.
Had bfast journaled did bujo & planning.
Sunny & no new snow.
Did 30 min. on stat bike.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:37 pm

Electricity is back on. Internet is still out.

Now the natural gas pressure is very low. The gas flames on our stoves and heaters are about 1/10th the size as normal. This is the first time I've ever seen this happen. Natural Gas is the one utility that always works.

The gas company sent email asking everyone to lower their thermostats to 60 degrees because the supply lines can't keep up with the demand.

Only 5 more days of this!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Interested in how all of you are dealing with your cold and snow, etc.

RamblinRose I need to know why your son needs to keep his lights on.

I pulled everything out of the library that was on the floor between the doorway and the book cases opposite the doorway. I have some Velcro with adhesive on the back and I have to put that on the back of the curtains so the cats can't (LOL) get up into the window area. They get up in there at night when they are doing their zoomies and knock all kinds of books off of the shelves near the curtains. If they can't get under the curtains to get up into the window area, I hope they can't knock as many books off of the shelves near the curtains. These 2 little beasties need to be slowed down a bit sometimes. I love them both dearly, but man, can they ever make a mess of anything not nailed down. Silly, but adorable, kittens. They look like full size cats, but they just turned 8 months old yesterday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:49 pm

I've heard the expression 'keep the lights on' to mean keeping the electricity going. We're all electric here too. We have city water but our septic has an electric pump so at some point without electricity, we would be unable to flush or drain anything. Yikes!

Watching everybody coping with this weather. And it's likely to go on for a few days. Kinda like we face after hurricanes go through.

I went to church today. DH went early and I wasn't up yet so I went to the latest one. I'm surprised how many people were there, it's usually the sparsest one. But we had enough to distance ourselves and I noticed for the first time there were some people with their masks on in the church. Not a lot, but some. I had to talk to myself, remind myself that I've had those vaccines and I am safer than I was.

Stopped to pick up milk on the way home. I noticed a few men walking around with flowers to buy. We gave each other cards. DH's for me was particularly nice and caused me to tear up.

We went out for a bike ride. It's over 80° here and this weather system has made it windy. I couldn't make the whole course because I was battling a headwind for half the distance. DH is still out pedaling around.

Watching the new series on PBS right now. They show the one from the week before in the afternoon and the new one in the evening.

Return to “Post When You Can”