Hunker down Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Hunker down Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:35 am

It's cold and a lot of us will see snow or ice or cold temps today. Hunker down inside and take care, maybe it's the perfect day for inside decluttering, cleaning or cooking!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Hunker down Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:54 am

I told dh I think we're the only people in the U.S. not getting snow today. Mild exaggeration, of course, but it seems totally unfair. Counties just to the west of us have snow forecasted but we're in some kind of "no snow" zone here. The local TV stations are braying about "a slight chance" but I can't see that happening. Our temps are too high - high thirties now to mid forties today. So we get cold rain.

((Hugs)) for those of you having a little too much snow and cold weather, I know I sound crazy whining about it today.

Dh has gone to his office, I think he has some meetings today with people who are off work. Nice for me not to have him home and bored today!

I have sheets in washer to remake the bed later. I'm working through a.m. routine and want to get upstairs to have a genealogy day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:10 am

Pres. Day 7" snow total this morning @ 6:00 a m 22* . Winter weather advisory till 4:00 here.
Bs is up.
Had 1 cup of coffee.
Tip of the day:
Do not wear backless slippers out to measure snow clear steps for the dog to go out to pee. :lol: , ask me how I know.
Soup day.
I need to wash sheets but might go back to bed, :roll:
still snowing
did stat bike
put on another layer of clothes.
Not shoveling till dog needs out in a couple hrs. or if it quits not any time soon.
I cleared off the deck, & patio 8" here now. Put on jeans & boots two shirts one thermals and my warm chore hooded coat.
Driveway will wait. 23* outside here now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:17 am

Hi!

It has just started snowing here. They have been showing this storm coming up from the south and it is the same massive storm system that is going over Oklahoma. We are supposed to get it in 2 waves. This morning and tonight. Dh and I don't have to go anywhere, which is good, because it's a holiday here in Ontario and some other provinces. "Family Day" to give school kids a day off in the middle of winter.

Dh and I just had the "What's for supper?" conversation. Shepherd's Pie. Last night's leftover chicken will become sandwiches for lunch.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:32 am

DD & DH have gone to Dbil's to price more items for the yard sale. It can't be over soon enough for DD. She's seeing a whole different side to her Uncle than she's ever seen before. I'm pretty sure a lot of his present attitudes are coming from his caring for dsisil. I personally can't see how he's even doing it at this point. And after she does pass I don't see him getting better -because this is what he does: take care of people/things. And then he'll have nothing.

I don't think dsonil has gone. Figured dh hadn't either since both his and dsonil's cars are still here. But then I remembered that today is President's Day and dd has off and her car is gone. Think schools have this week off for winter break -at least they always did. Probably a good thing with all the snow and ice forecast for up there.

Need to get my shoes/socks on and take my morning meds. BBL

I'd ask "how I know", Nancy, but pretty sure I know how you know.

Thanks for that idea, Cathy: Shepherd's Pie. I was wondering 'what's for dinner?' and I think we have all the ingredients for that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:54 am

Good Morning!

Our temp this morning is -6 with a feels like of -27. It is suppose to reach 9 degrees this afternoon.

The electric linemen are heros here. They are working to get all electricity back on. I heard there are 6k homes without power today. They are good about keeping progress updated. Most of it seems to be substations failing and having to reroute power.

We still dont have internet. With no TV or Xbox, we are doing a lot more reading than usual.

Snow has stopped failing. We got 8" but it drifted bad so there are 2' piles. Road graders and tractors with box blades are working to clear the roads. They say we will get another 4" of snow tomorrow
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:58 am

Morning...

Can’t tell you how happy I am with my office. Everything has found their right home!

Today is horse day. If you’ve been following me on FB you know we have been working with a WW who was out in the Forrest starving to death. The Asso had been double feeding him but it didn’t seem to help. They brought in a vet to access Neimann from afar and determined it might be a tooth problem.

The vet and a host of other volunteers hiked in a portable X-ray machine, plus equipment for teeth extraction tools. Neimann was darted and after he went down he was give a complete physical exam. The asso was prepared to put him down if he couldn’t be saved rather than allowing him to starve to death.

Turned out Neimann had a huge obsessed tooth as well as a over grown tooth that had punctured the roof of his mouth. The vet removed the bad tooth and filed the long one way down allowing Neimann the ablilith to eat properly.

Watching all of this in the near distant was an old lead stallion named Shadowfax. He had been run out of his band a while ago. After all the people backed away, closed in and stood watch and guarded Neimann till he was able to stand. It was a powerful moment to watch.

Neimann is now eating drinking and pooping properly. However he is too weak to go down the hill to join the other WW’s when they are fed, so the volunteers are continuing to feed him by his self till he is strong enough to join the others. He will still stand off from the bands because like Shadowfax he has been pushed out of his band. He and Shadowfax May start hangout out with each other for company till one dies. Both are very old..20+ years and this is Nature’s way.

If you have Nexflicks and haven’t watched The octopus teacher, you should.

Hope y’all can weather this storm. It’s 7* at my sons home and I am waiting to hear if he has electricity.

Off to start my day... waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:23 am

Update...

Heard from my son. Power is off for an hour at a time, and then it comes back on for 35-45 minutes. They have a gas stove so they can cook :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:29 am

Heartwarming story about the horses, Rose. You take such good care of them, and they take care of each other. <3

We are having snow here today, too, although the temperatures are milder than what some of you are having. 20F now, expected to go up to 24. And they’ve increased the temperature prediction for tomorrow. It’s no longer supposed to go down into the single digits.

I have spent the morning lollygagging, and I need to s2s.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:23 pm

I was so bored that I did most of the dishes by hand. I also had a shower and then went and snuggled under the blankets in bed. Now I'm going to heat my insides with leftover butter chicken and aloo gobi.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”