Mardi Gras!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Mardi Gras!

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:47 pm

The customer who couldn't get out of his street this morning was able to get out this afternoon, so he brought his car over. Dh did 1 rotor and an oil change. Everything else was okay.

I ended up having French Onion soup for supper (from Cos tco) and dh had last night's leftover Shepherd's Pie.

I could do a 40 day challenge of some sort. Maybe it will help me out of this rut I am stuck in. Dishes...laundry. Dishes...laundry. Dishes...laundry. I'm boring myself with how boring I am. I want to throw something else into the mix. Like "Finish the filing" or "Put the pictures into albums" or "Stitch Something" ...

I'm retired. This is when I planned on doing all this stuff, but I think I've got all day, week, month, year.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Elizabeth, I will walk around here and think and consider if I have 40 procrastination items to do. I don't know if I have that many, but I'm sure I'll find some. I will join in with whatever I have. Already I can think of some.....and one that is a continuous thing that I've neglected to start, which would fill the 40 days all by itself. Ok, I'm in!

I gave DH a haircut this evening. It was long overdue.

Been taking it easy for a couple days. Tummy's been acting up. Been thinking and thinking, trying to come up with a reason for this...what did I eat that doesn't like my plumbing... finally thought of something. Sigh. Another snack off my menus forever. Pretty soon there will be nothing left to eat.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:47 am

Good evening! Got paczki made and not much else done.

Good to hear more details, LadyM. I forget that as far as life beyond the suburbs goes, I don’t even know what I don’t know! Glad that DD9 is learning about plagiarism the easy way. The further along you go, the worse the consequences get. A 0 on an assignment is much less scary than being expelled from college or fired from a job.

Packing it in. Good morning to Lynlee, and good night to everyone else. Hope to see you all tomorrow.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:11 am

I showed a parent the fly-leaf of the book side by side with the student's report, exact same words, which were not part of the student’s normal vocabulary. We were sitting with the principal because she had requested a conference. She still denied that the student copied “because (she) HELPED him.” I think I finally ended up telling her I didn’t know WHO copied, but this report was receiving a zero.

Another time, a parent called me at home to tell me she was very upset because I accused her child of cheating. I had given two versions of a multiple-choice test. The girl made 42. If she had the version of her friend, sitting in front of her, she would have made a 100. This woman was sooo upset with me. I told her I was sorry I embarrassed her daughter, but that was the situation, and whether she cheated or not, she still had a 42 on this test.

So — WTG, LadyM! It amazes me how students don’t know that teachers know how to use google also. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”