Ash Wednesday 2021

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Ash Wednesday 2021

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:04 am

Good morning. I am going to post a 40 day anti procrastination challenge in MO if anyone is interested. Thank you Elizabeth, for the idea.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Ash Wednesday 2021

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 am

What's on your agenda for today?

I have some errands to get done that I couldn't get to yesterday due to the storm. Costc o is top of the list for dh's insulin for tonight. Cat food is another must. Banking.

I also need to figure out what to get for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:43 am

I remember going to NO years ago for Mardi Gras and seeing people on the airplane going home on Ash Wednesday, with ash on their foreheads. I guess there won't be much "in person" application of ash today! Didn't I see a video or something with the priest using a toy "pop-gun" to apply ash?

My usual Wednesday, grocery pick up, and I can write. I'm focusing on getting footnotes done, in some fashion, and getting down a list of additional research and questions, then I'll put this down awhile. And start on another element!

Oh, and I need to be sitting at my computer at noon to try to sign up for a virtual institute this summer. And if I don't get in (perish the thought!) there's another session of the same course in July so I need to be sitting here at two p.m. for that sign up. Hoping hoping hoping. That would be something wonderful to look forward to!

I was up at 7:30 and dh was still in his chair watching the market news. I got a fast start on a.m. routine. I think right now I need to finish my Publix order for pick up so I can be back here at noon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:33 am

Ack! I scheduled Publix order p/u between 10 and 11 because they said it was available, now it's not. They will notify when it is ready. I suspect they are busy today now that I think about it. We were down to 20 degrees last night, and will supposedly be up to low forties this afternoon, then we're supposed to have rain beginning around 7 p.m. so we have a winter weather advisory. Weather channel actually shows we don't get back down to freezing again for several days so I'm not sure it's significant. :roll: So I'll have to work around them.

Going to finish a.m. routine (breakfast, meds, wash face, brush teeth) and wait for further instructions. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:51 am

Here I am up & ready to "go", but dsonil is in the kitchen for the next however long it takes him. Which is usually quite some time as he fixes his breakfast and then stands there to eat it. Oh well, I'll get there eventually.

Tomorrow everyone will be up and out of here early as they go to open the yard sale. DD is taking the morning off to help get signs up and get things started over there. She has to be to school by 10:45 and her students don't come in until 11am so timing is good. She figured she'd take a half day then she'll go over Saturday morning. Think they only go until 2pm. DBil wanted them to just cover everything that's left and have a 2nd sale next Saturday. Not sure what they will do actually. DS-R & family are due in that day and I think dd has a hockey game in Tampa that afternoon. I do know they figure on having the POD picked up next week so hopefully they sell off any furniture this weekend. They did tell dbil to take anything he wants (free) so he may want some things to sell in the future. At least he's in a little better mood this week (so far anyway).

Doesn't look like I need to worry about any calls for Covid vaccine today or any time soon for that matter.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:11 am

Morning...

I received my vaccination yesterday and today I feel like I have a light case of the flu. Headache, arms are sore, hot and cold flashes but no fever.

I’ve had reactions like this when I used to get vaccinated for the flu so I’m not worried, just gonna be a long day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm

I have posted in the wrong thread it appears. Waving!
Copied this from the Anti P thread, I was not awake yet lol! :mrgreen:
"Waving toall today. Those who may not be posting and just reading.

I need to pay attn. to my office it is my scary room. Did ten min. In there. X
28* here this morning.
Sheets are in the dryer that was my Anti P. task." X
I have dog bisiuts in the oven. X = done.
Pumpkin muffins to make next for me. Done.
Waiting to see if neighbor needs any thing added to list.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Harmony...

Yes the WW’s are the Salt River Wild Horses of AZ. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Good Morning!

We have all plumbing working again! The feels like temps are above 0 and our water pipes finally thawed after being frozen for 5 days. My best guess for this happening is the snow we received last night has drifted & keeps the walls insulated from the wind chill temp.

What happens when rolling black-out hits the local grocery store? The store is dark inside so the employee holds a flashlight and walks with customer through the store to get what they need. The employee writes down the price on a piece of paper while the customer puts the items into the cart. Then they both go upfront and use a calculator to add up the price of the items. The customer pays by cash or check.

School is underway. DS12 is self-motivated. DD9 would rather snuggle in bed and play games all day.

My planning for today....
** Weather = 20/9F Feels like = 3-14F 7-9mph wind Cloudy. We currently have about 15" of fluffy snow on the ground. Winds have made it drift resulting in the north/south roads just have a light covering while the east/west roads have drifts 2-4 feet deep.
** Project of the Day = cope with the weather that is out of our normal. Keep furkids safe. Keep faucets dripping.
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = Seeing water come out of the pipes that have been frozen for 5 days.
** Life Skill taught = Weather comes and goes. Deal with it.
** On the menu today = Homemade mac and cheese, green salad for the family. For me - Tilapia, sweet potatoes, green salad
** On the schedule today =
-
    - Homeschool
    -- Epic School
    -- Church meal & service has been canceled due to the weather.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:22 pm

Good morning!

Just got back from a doctor's appointment. The antibiotics have done their job on my face; I started work with the nutritionist recently enough that there's no point in checking my cholesterol levels so soon, and I've been referred for a sleep study.

I keep wanting to get lunch and have to keep reminding myself that it is Ash Wednesday and therefore a day of fast for me. I would make a lousy Muslim or Jew; I have enough trouble following the relatively lenient Catholic fasting rules. Yom Kippur or Ramadan would be a total disaster. Not going to the noon service for ashes; they live-streamed this morning's Mass, and I might watch it on YouTube but probably not. No popguns, Twins :lol: , but at least around here, they are going with the non-contact option of sprinkling ashes on people's heads this year rather than smudging them on the forehead.

Good to hear you have working plumbing again, LadyM! Good, too, that the store has figured out a way to remain open.

I need to put on my slippers; my shoes were damp with snow, so I took them off, and my feet are colder with no shoes than snow(y) shoes. Once I do that, I think I still have my bed to make, and then I need to get a load of wash done. I think I got as far as getting yesterday's load washed, but nothing more, so I'll have to toss that in the dryer, too. See you later, I hope.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Return to “Post When You Can”