Ash Wednesday 2021

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Ash Wednesday 2021

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:37 am

LadyM, you know, I never thought about us losing electric up there. I don't think it ever did in all the years we were there. So we got very very lucky with the water. Our house was at one end of our 2 acre property, and the pump house was at the other end. We had a brick sidewalk all the way down the yard from the pump to the back porch and the water line was underneath that. I don't know how deep it was put. But it never froze. We did have troubles with ice build up from the gutters up onto the roof. That could have caused a lot of damage but nothing was lasting. It's a good thing we got lucky with all that, there was no money for repairs of any kind. This was my first family with my 2 little young girls. And all kinds of farm animals. I remember heating buckets of water to keep their water thawed out.

Gee I haven't thought about all that in years. Except for our hurricanes, life is easier here. I remember that water in the winter which came out of the faucet was so cold we could hardly sip it.

Elizabeth, I hope your extra work goes smoothly.

My tummy (that's not exactly the spot that's causing me the trouble :oops: ) is still acting up. I'm trying not to put any bulk in there. Had turkey soup for dinner. It doesn't usually last this long.

Dee, I'll have to ask my friend if they actually looked at her utility bill. Nobody is making any reservations now because of the storms up north. They can't get delivery of vaccines.

Return to “Post When You Can”