Take Care THURSDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Take Care THURSDAY PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:49 am

I'm glad we don't have anyone in Texas! What a mess!

Are there things you are doing to take care these days? Do share! With the extreme weather lately we all need a little mindfulness of our need to take care of ourselves. Many of us are going for healthier lifestyles, more exercise, (RR!) satisfying work (me!).

Where ever you are, take care of yourself today. Stay safe, stay well and healthy!
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Take Care Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:58 am

We got a dusting of snow overnight, I sure do wish we would get some real snow like the rest of this state!

My energy is good these days, I think it may be coming from the satisfying work on the case study and the prospect of (perhaps) some day finishing this portfolio. Someday. I need to get in the shower, other that that and breakfast and walking the dog, I've done most of a.m. routine.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Take Care THURSDAY PWYC

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:13 am

Happy THURSDAY!

OMM: Ask dson if he has a generator. bil had one of his stolen from the farm in the summer.
That is how northerners deal with power outage but pretty sure those are in short supply now like snow shovels.
He does have a fire place and maybe a wood stove in his shop.

Dsis in Ark. thought she would be in the rolling black - out area last night but did not loose power, asked for prayer the wood would last for
her wood stove.

Laundry is going
had to wash couch blanket.
Next load is rounded up.
Fed birds a muffin

Planning done.
Back in a bit.
Only 30 days till spring! Hang in there!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Re: Take Care Tuesday PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 am

Morning...

I am feeling much better this morning although my joints are still a bit sore. Was hoping to work on my garden today, but the high today is only suppose to be 66* and I don’t think my body would like it much.

I’ll just flip my days and make today my laundry day so I can work and plant in my garden tomorrow. I have enough things to do around here to keep me busy today.

By swapping days I can spend time planning out which seeds I want to plant where in my garden and make a diagram so I know which sunflowers I planted where. I also need to figure out what to cook for dinner. I’m thinking a lot of soup so I don’t have to worry about dinner tomorrow.

Twins.. my former husband and I were talking the other day about his moms side of the family. She was Italian and her parents were born in Italy and came here right after they were born. I’ve worked a bit on his family’s history and he told me his grand father was a very successful builder during the early depression. They lived in Cicero, IL

He recently discovered his gfather had ties to Al Capone which would explain why his gfather always had money, and that they lived 6 blocks from each other. He said after his gfather did and my ex’s. Grandmother, mother and aunts along with all the cousins visited his grandfathers grave they always stopped at Capones grave site to spend time and pay their respect. He said he never understood why until this recent discovery.

He also found out that his grand father didn’t die of a heart attack, but was murdered. So I’m going to spend some time looking into this to see what I can find out. I love a mystery.

Off to start the day... waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:29 am

Can't believe I got the day wrong! I just edited it!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:49 pm

Hi!

I went to 2 book stores this morning. Came home with 8 or 9 books. Dh had 2 customers, so he's happy. He has another 1 this afternoon as well. He is laying on the bed reading. I'm going to join him after I hit send. I've already put most of the books away.

Supper tonight will be salmon and asparagus for dh. I think I might have mac and cheese from a box. I saw a commercial last night, and immediately wanted some.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:44 pm

Cathy - I'm curious about your books. What caught your attention today enough to bring them home? Have you read them before?

Lunch break here.

We didn't get started on school until 9:10am when an alarm went off to remind me of DD9 zoom meeting with the teacher at 9:15. We were a blur of activity to get the laptop set up and her hair brushed.

My planning for today -
** Weather = 4-26F Feels like= -4 to 15F wind=5-21mph Sunny! We continue to work on removing knee-deep snow from our driveway. One shovel scoop at a time.
** Project of the Day = Clear snow from walkways & driveway. The goal is safety.
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = Excitement is building. We are on the 9th day of the 10 day extreme winter weather. It gets above freezing tomorrow!
** Life Skill taught = Persistent pays off.
** On the menu today = Smoked sausage, fried potatoes, salad bar
** On the schedule today =
-- 9:15 DD9 zoom meeting with her teacher.
-- Homeschool
-- Epic School

Lunch was soo good! I weighed my portions to stay within my calorie goal. I was somewhat surprised how much food was on my plate. My plate was full and now I am too.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:52 pm

LadyM, 1 was Patricia Cornwell called Spin. I have all of her other books. I also picked up 3 Phillipa Gregory that I didn't have. I also got 3 James Patterson books that I didn't have. (Criss Cross and Deadly Cross to add to my Alex Cross collection. NYPD Red 6 gets me caught up with that set as well.) I also picked up 2 Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich for dh. I had close to $100 in gift cards to spend. I spent more than that, but that's okay. They are all new to us. (Neither one of us has read them.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello. 88° here right now. Humidity is low and there's a nice breeze so it doesn't feel hot. Sky's a bit grey-ish so maybe some rain later. Boy I'm glad not to be in Texas right now. Or Oklahoma.

I'm done with about 3 hours of paperwork. What a chore!

I'll go look for vaccine news at all my bookmarks. I'm getting tired of this.

Tummy is better but not 100% yet. I'm afraid to eat.

There's Sunny; how's the weather?!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:20 pm

Twins you asked what we were doing to take care of ourselves these days. At some point in the spring/early summer dh starts looking for wood to be delivered/cut down. We have been lucky in that friends and neighbours have had wood to give away and they either bring it over or dh goes and picks it up. One guy who lives across the corner from us has a bunch of willows he has been cutting down. Hopefully he will have some this summer. Dh is always worried that we won't get enough wood. We have never run out yet. The only wood we don't burn inside is pine. We are so lucky that we know people that have fruit wood. (Apple mostly.)

Other than making sure we have enough wood for the next winter, dh also looks after switching out the grass cutting/snow blower attachments on the tractor.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”