Frigid February Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Frigid February Friday

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:44 am

How is the weather where you are? Lynlee is getting cooler days as her summer is coming to an end. Florida even had "cooler" temperatures.

We had snow overnight. It was expected.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Frigid February Friday

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:50 am

How does that saying go? "early to bed, early to rise..."

Here I am sitting at my desk already. I have even emptied the dishwasher and refilled it. There is a large rectangular casserole dish soaking in the sink. It must get done today!

Kittens are play fighting between my chair and the doorway. Lots of tail flicking and pouncing going on. I'm sure they are serious, but they are too cute to be taken seriously.

We are going to either order a pizza or go somewhere for supper. We are both craving pizza, so that will most likely be what we choose.

Elizabeth we never burn pine because it leaves a buildup of creosote (?) and that causes chimney fires in the long run. We do burn it outside in the fire pit and we have a lot of pine. It's sticky after it's cut, and I hate getting pine sap on my hands because it's hard to get off. There is still a large pine bough in the ditch where some utility workers cut a limb off of the pine tree closest to the power lines last spring. They didn't want it and dh said it can stay where it is. They actually put it in the corner of the farmer's field beside us. The guy that rents that field hasn't moved it. The field owner hasn't moved it. It's not in anyone's way, so I guess the field mice and rabbits can make their homes underneath it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:24 am

My Lenten task is to wash up daily. Attempting to get that back to habitual hasn't happened.
So fingers crossed that I can jut think pre easter and get it done.

On weather - this year there are showers / rain including in some parts of the inland, so temps are not as high as many summers.
On when summer ends - I've known horribly hot weather the week before Easter, so I'm not holding my breath that it is over even if currently most days are more like spring or autumn in terms of heat.

On pine - I once yelled at a neighbour to stop burning it. There was an air inversion thing happening keeping the air / smoke / pine particles hanging low to the ground. Summer - I was needing my house closed and couldn't breathe. I'm also the one who bought new pine furniture, then couldn't sleep in the bedroom for months because of the smell. Instant headache. I'd take the drawers outside to off gas each day if the weather was good. Used bicarb to absorb the smell.

There ate face volume wars happening here. For anyone who gets their news, or help agencies there, it was all cut off - right down to the bush fire emergencies etc. DV help places and all.
Pacific nations are affected too as telco plans mostly have limitless F boot and expensive everything else.
Info left is in the fantasy variety, anti anything wholesome. It really shows their intent at spreading misinformation everywhere, in my view.
It doesn't help that all sorts of 'agencies' had face volume pages.
My boycott of it hasn't been a widespread trend, and has cut me off from much over the years.

Did wash clothing today, Talked w ddy on ph. 3 meals happened without it getting horribly late, my standards.

Stay safe everyone. Remember the tent inside your house warming technique if all else fails.
No I can't imagine living in that much cold.
I do remember my DDad telling of frost so bad it killed all the gum trees - back in his day.
I see much of the northern hemisphere has snow atm, places where that's not normal.

I found a ballet on tv - more settling than endless news , or the murderer shows.

Have a great day - well as you are able.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:44 am

Couldn't find what 'face volume' is, Lynlee?
. :evil:
I slept somewhat poorly. Never heard dh get up but did hear dsonil come to our door to ask him, "Are you ready?" That was about 6:20. They've gone to dbil's for today's yard sale. I stumbled to the bathroom and back to bed. Was just nicely falling back asleep and dh texted me to tell me there was no paper. So, I managed to wash up, get dressed and go outside & there it was. Grrr. DD went to the yard sale with them yesterday morning before going to school. Dh has managed to lose keys to dsonil's car. We've looked high and low and every place in between. My hands look it too. It doesn't take much for them and my arms to bruise. So, all the looking down inside couch and his chair did their job on me. We're thinking he probably lost them when he and dd were putting out signs for the sale Wednesday night. He's always losing things out of his pockets when he sits down -whether in the car, or a piece of furniture. :evil:

DD placed an ad in the paper for the sale that was supposed to run Wed - Sat. Nothing Wed, then nothing Thurs. So she called them. Oh, they managed to bill her but no ad. Their 'mistake' so are running it all of tomorrow and refunding her money. Another :twisted:

So, once again, I'm dragging. Need to get my energy level and my attitude up there! :D

Pastor called last night to see how dd wants to handle the camera & mikes gift they're giving to the church (their partial tithe from the sale of his Mom's house). She doesn't really want anyone to know it's from them. They were going to do a fund raiser at church for it. She'll take it to his office Sunday morning. It's in a plain big box so people won't really know what it is. They're all really excited to get it up and running. For the past year they've used dpastor's wife's phone to record his message.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:23 am

All clean dishes and clothes are away. Dh just had his shower, so I can run the washing machine and then the dishwasher after I flip the clothes to the dryer.

I have a stack of paper to hide. I just made the bed, so I was thinking of sticking it under a pillow. Hmmm... talk about stash and dash!

I also cleaned the bathroom. Stovetop and counters beside it are clean and shiny. I just have to clean the table. It's clear, but I need to wipe it.

Dh has 2 customers today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 am

I've been setting my clock 15 minutes earlier and making an effort to be up earlier. Did you know that pesky change to Daylight Savings time is only three weeks away?

Today I MUST do WHB. I have our towels going already in the washer and am heading out to walk the dog.

We're having grilled lamb chops for dinner. I think dh bought them in Sept when he thought we would have dinner guests again someday, but might as well use them now. I think they're less expensive to buy in the spring anyway. I'll roast butternut squash and have a green salad with apples or strawberries, feta, and a crunchy nut.

Heading out to walk the dog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:16 am

Good Morning! It's Friday! That always makes me happy.

I think Lynlee's "face volume" is faceb**k. They continue to pick and choose who they allow to post. They block, restrict posts and/or put into FB jail anyone or any country they decide. One of their recent blocks is any news from the country Lynlee lives in. I tried to post a link that ended in au and FB wouldn't allow it to post. I recently posted a chart that I had created about our local c19 stats. When I posted it I immediately started seeing friends liking my post within a few seconds. Then I received a message from FB saying all c19 information can be found at blah-blah-blah. Within a minute they had shut my post down. I am 1000% positive my post was factual, but FB is deciding what we can show other people.

I didn't know how to go out to the street and shut it off there. DH explained the process and what tool to use. So now I know... in case we get freezes and snows...

Don't forget that the water valve you need to access by the street is under a couple of feet of snow and ice. First, you have to remove the snow and ice so you can find it. :) Endless challenging details.

Elizabeth - CONGRATULATIONS on getting the job!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am

A friend of mine spent 3 days in FB Jail this past weekend for doing the same thing.

Washer is going and dishwasher is waiting. I never run them at the same time, although dh says I could if I wanted to.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:29 am

Morning...

Congrats Elizabeth on your new job!!! Happy for you!

Since I seldom post anything on FB except silly cartoons, horse and animal videos, and updates on my gardens I seldom worry about being put in jail. The FB censors can be a lot like public school administrators and I have dealt with them for years.

It’s a bit chilly in my home this morning...62*... but since we’ve been asked to conserve electricity we didn’t turn the heat on this morning. I am dressed warmly. Before the day is done the temps outside will be 74* so I’m not worried about it.

I got everything done yesterday and then some. I will be setting up my garden today and will plant if I still have time. If not I will plant tomorrow. I decided to plant the tallest sunflowers on the side of my garden instead of in the center. I’ve never done that before and my reasoning for this is my tallest sunflowers grow the fastest and their stalks and leaves cast a shadow on the flowers next to them. I know the suns path by heart and by using this information I think it will allow the smaller flowers to grow more if they are not dwarfed by the tall soldiers shadows.. we shall see.

Need to do a few things around the house.. just a bit of footprints to remove... and as soon as it warms up,I’ll be headed outside. Off to get my second cup of coffee...waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:32 am

I ran into dfriend M and R uby while walking Muffin, so dropped Muff off after her walk and got some more steps in. Dfriend M had back surgery last fall which took care of her excruciating pain, but recently lifted something that set her back off again. It's not excruciating, and her doc assured her it was normal but she's walking more here at home. Walking does help it. So I have 5200 steps.

I am sipping my breakfast/brunch smoothie and need to regroup and get moving again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”