Frigid February Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Frigid February Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:31 pm

I've invited DGS23 to eat lunch with us today. I will be glad when inviting people into our home doesn't feel like a risky decision. The local c19 stats and science say we are at low risk now so I'm going to push through the hesitation, fear and just do it.

DS12 was so disappointed this morning. He said "It is 14 degrees outside! I thought today was going to be above freezing!" I told him we are getting above freezing today but only for one hour, we will get up to 33F. One degree above freezing for one hour is better than it has been for the past 10 days. Tomorrow will be even better.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Afraid I understand that reluctance, LadyM. I'm more than in need of a haircut & am afraid to get it done. It's straight & no shape & I can't do anything with it. Last cut was early September & it was cut very short. It probably wouldn't look so bad if I could use both hands to do something with it. Can't even curl it with an iron. So at this point it's just hanging. Must admit I'm so unhappy with it that I've not even been trying for the last week.

Going to go look for something for lunch. There's leftovers but find myself tired of them. Hmmm. what to have?

I've accomplished nothing so far today -unless you count pulling the sheets/blanket up on the bed. :roll: But, then my sleep has been so minimal the last few days that I'm sure that's why I'm so sluggish & in a funk today. I have been snoozing some this morning. At first I was up to 4 hours, then 5 hours 8 min, now I'm up to 6 hours 8 min. Maybe I'll garner some energy this afternoon.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi I’m sorry I have been away for so long! Hope you are all well! I’m trying to find a routine again even though I can’t go out and I’m down to one leg

Hope your day is wonderful !
Im off to do paperwork ❤️
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Good to see you, Blessed!! Keep recovering and take care of you!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:39 pm

bw2! So glad to see you checking in! Sending lots of wishes for recovery!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:03 pm

Good to see you all too!!!❤️

Setting my timer
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:29 pm

DD9 has finished all her school assignments for the week. This is always a happy moment to reach each week. I've created a pdf showing the 22 pages of written work DD9 did this week and updated the spreadsheet showing the digital work she did. All have been sent to her teacher so I am done with my part of her schooling.

DS12 is still working on his school assignments. He earned a Certificate of Achievement in Multiplication today. This is another happy moment to reach. After many years of struggling to memorize the multiplication facts, he is now excelling at the timed tests. He started the division test today and score 99% so I expect him to be finished with the daily practice in XtraMath soon.

I am greatly relieved to see our state has a law called Emergency Price Stabilization Act and it prohibits raising prices more than 10% during declared emergencies. The AG is using it to keep our utility bills from skyrocketing. During the winter storm, the price of natural gas became very volatile and went from $3.54 per MCF to $1,250 per MCF. I don't know how the long-term effect of this price change will be, but for the immediate future of the emergency status, our utility bill increase will only go up 10% for the amount we used.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:46 pm

Ci I am fine thawing here 34* to 39* today's temps.
Had rain sunny now. I have made dog treats.
Not dressed yet nearly lunch time. :mrgreen:
Slept in. Goofing off.
Free day.
Gotta go charge this up.
Did 30 min. Shoveling heavy wet snow. I took breaks.
Considerting my lunch options..
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:27 pm

We have that price law with huge fines. No taking advantage of people during/after a hurricane here.

I don't burn pine here either. Messes up the chimney. We had some pine for the fire pit outside where it didn't make a difference, but we've used that up. There are so many oaks around that just about all the wood we pick up is oak and burns nicely.

So, if I would have to turn off our water at the road, I wouldn't have to shovel snow and ice first. I would, however, have to dig it out. It's in a box which is flat to the surface but it's not a sealed thing and has filled up with sand which washed in. I don't know how it works like this, but it does. Our meter readers don't have to lift the lid to look at it, it's got some sort of "reading" capability by county people. They drive around and read from their vehicles. So, someday I may go out and dig out all the sand...just in case we ever need it....though DH isn't concerned about it.

Congratulations to Elizabeth for getting that job! I hope it comes with a raise and is an easier job. Who will do the job you now have?

I am by myself here, DH has gone off to his job. I've paid a bill online (called them first to complain about the increase and got a reprieve for another 3 months). We are getting less service from this entity for more money. No, I don't think so. Just got electric bill, a bit less than last month despite running those room heaters. It's 83° outside and 80° inside. I hate to think I'll have to start running the a/c again.

Looking like a big storm rolling in. I've been watching Texas...that's what it looks like around here when there's a hurricane. Nothing open, water all gone, gas stations and supermarkets closed. I remember when we were just past H Charlie and I could finally roll through McD and get a coffee I felt like it was all going to be ok! A lot of prep for a hurricane is much the same as for a winter storm...with the addition of hurricane shutters.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:51 pm

Having some time to myself. Dh has gone to get a hair cut. My brother has come and gone. My desk has a top! It's wood! Too bad I'm going to dig out the paperwork I stuck under my bedroom pillow and cover the wood.

Dh ordered pizza and wings and potato wedges and garlic bread for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”