SAFE SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SAFE SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:47 am

Just wishing all our villagers a safe (and warm) Saturday. Way too much going on all over the place.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Re: SAFE SATURDAY

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:42 am

Hi!

It's snowing here and it looks like we are inside a snow globe right now.

There are NO dishes to do. I need to put away some clean towels. I also need to move the wet laundry from yesterday to the dryer.

Other than that... I could do some things in the anti procrastination challenge.

Dh has 2 customers today.

I have absolutely no idea what to have for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:12 am

Morning...

Yesterday didn’t go any way near the one I had planned.

Long story short... one of my former students, now 30, a teacher and someone I see along with her mom on a regular bases, text me in the morning saying the guy across her street, also a former student of mine, had texted her saying he was going to commit suicide that day by jumping off a bridge.

This all started several months ago when she moved in on the street and he recognized her. They were my students at the same time, but in different grades. My girl was friendly to him but he began harassing her buy flooding her with text messages and such and to the point it was overwhelming her.

I told her from the beginning not to get too friendly with home as he is Aspergers, so is she btw, and lacks social skills. This behavior of his is nothing new and he lost many friends over the years by overstepping his boundaries. She tried to talk to him with no success so I suggested she talk to his mom, which she did. That helped but not for long.

Anyway he took it to a high step yesterday this this blackmail of suicide. She and I texted back and forth cause she was in class and teaching and I told her to immediately contact the police or she school counselor because she would be held liable if he did something stupid and it could effect her career.

Teachers are required by law to immediately notify authorities in these types of situations when they are on school premise.

I told her if she didn’t do this within 15 minutes that I would, because now I knew of the threat and the same could happen to me. She didn’t and I called the police.

I ask Sweetie to sit with me while I called 911 because even though I knew my call would be recorded I wanted a witness to my conversation. Problem was I had very little information about the “boy” and I knew it. The gal I spoke with was great and she took what little I knew and said an other officer would be in touch.

I called two of my friends whom I worked with in hopes they might remember the “boys” parents name or birthdate which the police needed but it had been over 15 years since we taught him and of course last
Week when I did the deep cleaning in my office I thew that information away!

The cop called me and I gave him the background history of these two explaining I was their past Special Ed
teacher and made very sure he understood the boy was Aspergers and lived with his parents... he’s now 31 and that both of his parents worked and were not home during the day. I gave him my girls phone number and explained that she would be terrified to talk to him because she too is Aspergers, and was very upset about the situation and asked that he kept that in mind when talking to her, and when I hung up knew I had done all I could

The cop got in touch with her and she was able to give him the information he needed. He told her the police would do a well fare check and then talk to the boys parents. I knew them well in the past and know they were always in a bit of denial about their son and hopefully now would get him the help he needed.

My girl called me back and thanked me for my help and said she was sorry to get me involved in this. I told her she knew I thought of her as my own daughter so of course I wanted to help. I then told her she needed to tell her mom, also a teacher and a friend and she lives with her as well, what had happened and she said she would tell her in the morning as she was on her way to go out with friends. I told her to get off the phone and call her because after the police talked to the boy and his parents they may want to talk to her again and her mom would probably faint thinking my girl was either dead or kidnapped when she opened the door and saw the police standing there!

Thankfully she called her mom and not long after that I got a text from her mom thanking me for all I had done and then another text from my girl tell me I was right ... her mom was very proud of her for the way she handled the situation and seeking out my help.

I do not know what happened to the boy, but expect my girl will let me know once she’s been updated by the police. Phew....what a day!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Well, I posted the start at 7:47am. Tried to find something to eat for breakfast and ended up eating some crackers and cheese. Sat back in the recliner in our room watching a mystery movie. Snoozed off all too soon and now it's 11:10am. I had slept 5 hours & 51 minutes -waking just before 4am. That was it. Finally got up when dh got up (he was getting ready to go to his db's for the last day of the yard sale). I went in and got him a couple of ty lenol as he was very sore and lame after the last two days of this sale. Hopefully they'll help him. He asked why the lights were on and I told him, "Because you end up coming back in here about 5 times in the dark getting stuff you've forgotten." So, I ended up staying up. I know I got up at one point & came out to get a migraine med as I still had quite a headache. When I just sat down here I realized I hadn't even taken my morning meds INCLUDING MY T YLENOL. No wonder I still had a headache. So, now I'm starting my morning anew & maybe I can accomplish SOMETHING! (BTW I started the day with 5 hours/51 minutes of sleep. I now have 7 hours/36 minutes if that tells you anything.) Guess I have to get that sleep at one time or another!)

You certainly did the right thing, RR. Hope you can share some good news out of all that.

Dh and dd have a hockey game in Orlando tonight so plan to leave the yard sale by 2 as they have to leave here around 3 or 4 -can't remember for sure.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:54 pm

I wonder how Lucylee's yard smells today?! She's had a black and white visitor all day yesterday out there. :lol:

RRose, it's really good for that fellow that you knew what to do to get him help. I hope he will be ok.

I slept in today. Quiet house without DH here. I was up too late last night. I'd looked in at FB before I shut down the computer...and an old family friend caught me there and began chatting on messenger. Very interesting conversation. We were all pretty good friends before he moved out of the state.

Been busy today. Got one LOL washed and hanging up. Then I drove back to the store to get the 2 things I forgot yesterday. I decided I needed the one thing today for sure so I went this morning. I've made a big pot of beef / cabbage / vegetable soup and I'm very pleased with it. Had a bowl for lunch, yumm. Much cleanup in the kitchen after all that but that's done.

I'll go work on my project of the day now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:04 pm

I did not plan a project for today. Taking a rest day after a good work out shoveling had to have some down
time to work out some soreness. Hydrating to day as well. Took a baby asprin last night. Slept okay till
Hot flash at two thirty.

34* - 41* todays temps. It was foggy when I forst got up, sun is out now, snow is melting.
I am safe!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:04 pm

I enjoyed my first time being alone after a couple of weeks of 24/7 togetherness. This morning DH took the kids to guitar lessons which gave me almost 2 hours home alone. I continued to do my normal things while they were gone, but the silence was much appreciated.

We are above freezing for the next 1.5 days. This should allow the snow on our roads to melt from the sun shining. I have great admiration for those who drive know how on snow without any problems.

I'm feeling beat up from the stress of the past 10+ days doing things that aren't normal to me. I no longer have to make sure the 5 water faucets are running continually in an effort to keep the pipes from freezing. I no longer have to watch to see if our water pipes busted and are running inside the walls. I no longer have the big dogs in the house 24/7. I no longer have our electricity going on/off. I no longer have to do life without the internet. It is 40+ degrees warmer than it was. Everything is back to normal. I just want to do a big sigh of relief and relax. I'm taking some downtime.....well as much as I can with 3 people in the house asking questions, wanting something, needing to be feed, etc.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:16 pm

BTW, especially Harmony, and all you northerners: THE ROBINS ARE HERE! First time we've seen them in 2 or 3 years. There's a whole flock in the side yard, we saw some in the back and some out front! Always so glad to see them! "Whoda thunk it" :lol: That we could get so excited over seeing a flock of birds!

I've been pretty glad Twins wasn't sitting next to me as I've gone through a lot of stuff belonging to Dsonil's DMom. Threw away so much stuff that would have helped trace ancestors for genealogists. (All with their insistence). Death certificates, birth registrations, social security cards, deeds galore, etc, etc, etc. These were not his Mom's btw. That stuff is all in a case, along with her will, burial stuff, etc.

Even my dbil would have been having an absolute hemorrhage. He's all about saving every bit of that stuff. In fact some things that dh has his db insists he can't get rid of (in one way or another -like to sell it. Including her car -which dh gave to DGS21. Insists dgs can't sell it. We have guns that were in the family forever and none of our boys want them and I certainly don't. My db wants to buy one from dh, but he feels he has to ask his db first. Believe me if it was only me they'd be gone in a heartbeat.

DD and I went out and did a really good look see in her car for her dh's keys. No luck. They looked around today at each of the sites where they put a yard sale sign the other day. The sale today was mostly all small stuff. They made almost $1,100 so I guess not too bad. They brought anything they could home and will go back Monday to pack up what's left for another sale (here) in a few weeks. One gal who helped them, they gave a $50 vis a card to (it was sent to them from the realtor) to repay her for helping each day and with all the setup. She lost it. DBil called just a while ago to say he was dumping the trash from a small basket and guess what was in it! Bingo! Now if we could only find those car keys as easily.

DD and dh just left for the hockey game. The rest of the day is mine. Like Lady M, I do enjoy the quiet once-in-a-while.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:29 pm

I went to Costco with dh earlier. First trip out of the house in a while that wasn't combined with groceries. I enjoyed walking through Costco and seeing all the things we don't need. Of course, I bought a new kitchen drying rack and a new seat for the powder room toilet. The old drying rack, supposedly stainless, had turned black and it would be way too much to polish, if it could be. I've sent it through the dishwasher to no avail. The powder room toilet seat just had discolored areas and (to me) didn't look like it was clean. The new one is plastic, and hopefully easier to clean.

I also napped about an hour and dh and I just walked the dog. It's sunny and so pretty today but only around 50 for the high. Tomorrow is warmer I think.

Going to do a little genealogy...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Back safely from a walk w ddog.

Return to “Post When You Can”