SAFE SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: SAFE SATURDAY

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:10 pm

Looks like I will be pushing us to page two! Today has been very productive. I had a seminar, then a dance class, ate a real lunch with no problems, and sent off the needed stuff to the big boss. I still have to do the thing I put off to finish that. It is due Tuesday, but I want to work on it over the weekend so if there are questions/problems from the big boss or the biggest boss, I will have unlimited time and no stress for it. I will probably have build up an entire extra day.

Restaurants are finally opening (still limited capacity) and I have a reservation for DD19's birthday dinner. I won't tell them it is for her birthday, she would end up getting a dessert she cannot eat and they bang a LOUD drum for birthdays.

Not sure what I will do for today's AP challenge. There are many things that need doing. Some possibilities: writeups for two foster cats, two thank you notes, backup computer, tax prep stuff. The possibilities are endless unfortunately.

Still no brake light for my camper. I have discovered Elitch Gardens in Denver is having a special on season passes through May. If you go two days, it pays for itself. Given my low priority on the vaccine list, I don't know if I should get one or not. Would be cheaper and easier than the 26 hour drive to FL or even the 11 hour drive to Schlitterbahn in TX.

If lucylee needs it, I will post my Skunk Away recipe. It really works. It has been tested twice on DD10's dog.

Gotta get back to work.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:13 pm

Dh ended up making his favourite hearts and gizzards with onions. I actually tried it tonight and I could not eat it. I had French onion soup instead.

Just made dh coconut pudding. Another thing I won't eat. There is now just enough milk for dh to have in his coffee in the morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:47 pm

I've enjoyed my slower pace afternoon. I spent time doing things that I usually don't have time to do.

I looked through DS12 & DD9 history of all apps, youtube videos watched, browser places visited, messages sent/receive, calls, etc. I can do this remotely without them aware of it, but I do tell them because I think that it is good motivation for them as they make decisions of what they do on the internet........do I want my Nana to see this? I have zero concern about invading their privacy. As long as they are children using devices that I pay for, then they are going to have me monitoring how they are used.

Our Sams Club freezer & cold section have been empty for days and everyone is waiting on them to get the sections working again and restocked. I heard the cold weather did something to their equipment. We have been eating out of our chest freezer for about a month and it is about half empty. We could probably eat another couple of weeks if we needed to but I'm used to keeping a better inventory.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:38 am

Ha! Will the Skunk Away work on little boys, Elizabeth? We do NOT need it yet, but I don’t know how long it’s going to be before dgs gets too close...

Also, it appears the skunk is actually a polecat.
And yes, we thought they were the same thing, but look it up — they are different, and this explains his long round, more cat-like tail.
Unfortunately, polecats spray just like skunks.

He lay in the sun all day like he was just making himself at home, but when we left — around 5:30 pm — we didn’t see him, and when we got home, he was still nowhere yo be seen. Maybe he found his way back to where he came from.

I apologize for my lack of response to everyone. It’s been a crazy week.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”