Shivering Sunday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Shivering Sunday!

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:46 am

The expected temperature here today will be 0 F. Minus 18 Celcius. It's very sunny, but it sure isn't warm.

How is the weather where you are? We are expecting temperatures over 0 Celcius for 3 days this week, so the end is in sight. I'm not brave enough to look to see what the "feels like" will be today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Shivering Sunday!

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:51 am

Hi!

I need to go get fully dressed as soon as I post this. I need another layer. I also need to put on socks.

I have put the damp laundry into the dryer. I just need to put the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and I'm done for the day.

I will be doing some cross stitching for my AP challenge today. I did some confetti stitches last night and I will do more today. I can't move this piece on the scroll frame until they are done.

Supper will either be pork ribs or pork chops or something from the freezer. I could put all the contents from the freezers outside today and they would still be frozen solid when I put them away tonight. It's gonna be a cold one, even for us.

Okay, I'm dressed with an extra layer and warm socks. Dishwasher has gotten loaded, but it isn't full enough to be turned on yet. Dh hasn't brought anything into the house yet. He's busy doing an oil change for a customer.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:37 am

Well it's sunny but breezy here, Cathy. No idea how the temp is. Know our bedroom was cold.

I put laundry in over an hour ago and when I went to put the clothes in the dryer they were still dry. Seems something has clogged the washer hose and dsonil is trying to fix it. I was trying to get it done early as I know he has to wash his clothes for work. Oh well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:44 am

Sunny here going to a high of 55. Feels spring like!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:09 am

Morning...

Close to 80* today and same for the rest of the week. I finished putting all soldiers... sunflower seeds... in the ground yesterday. Still have my pots to plant but one of my big pots broke and I need to buy another one.

Want to wash my car today and then make a trip to home dep. Last night I was thinking that due to my volunteer work on Mondays, that my weekends are beginning to have the same feeling as they did when I worked. Don’t know if a good or bad thing... it just is.

Need more coffee before I start my day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:03 pm

Checking In; up at 6:45 I am good better today after taking a rest day yesterday.
It does not hurt to walk and muscles are recovering after Fri. work out aka snow shoveling.
Sort of like muscles you would use if sitting cross legged in a yoga position is the best way I can describe it.
Slept well up a couple times but that is normal.
Time for the rest of my morning meds. bfast bujo journal qt ect.

Have a great one you all!
Gold stars for every one for getting through the week. ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Had to turn on my tablet to do these.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:07 pm

Seems we are having ribs for supper. I will make scalloped potatoes to go with the ribs. Maybe a veg. Not sure what to make.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:19 pm

Been riding my bike for the last hour. Still only to 14k steps. I know I need more than 25k to lose. It's aggravating to me.

DD and dh still aren't home from church. Sure they had conversation with dPastor and his dwife after the service. They took all the camera/mike material to the church and put it in his office. She also took Christmas gifts for the two of them from Christmas 2019! She was in NJ at Christmas and then the pandemic hit and we had planned to give them to them when we would have them over for dinner. Obviously that never happened. Got her a 'joke' -a gallon jug of Red hot sauce. She puts it (a lot of it) on everything. DD showed me the best to buy by date this morning: 12/31/2020. And he'd done a sermon one Sunday something about cooking chicken on the grill. Remember it was funny and we bought him a book titled, "365 Ways to Cook Chicken". Know he'll get a good laugh when he remembers the sermon. But it will also be useful. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Good Morning!

Attending church this morning was a joyous experience without the fear & hesitation that we were doing something life-threatening (to us or someone else). For the first time in a year, I wasn't thinking about & guarding my personal space. I'm sending out "Hang in there" thoughts to those in quarantine and/or waiting on vaccine shots. The wait is a PITA but the end result is worth it!

Got her a 'joke' -a gallon jug of Red hot sauce.

This made me laugh because I buy Franks Hot Sauce by the gallon for myself. It is something that we always keep on hand. I love Franks and use it on something almost every day.

Lunch was bacon, jalapeno cheese, hamburger. I had it piled high with various vegetables. It was OH SO GOOD. Unfortunately, that one hamburger tallied up to 860 calories so it used the majority of my allotted calories for the day, but it was totally worth it.

I feel somewhat sad that I'm so happy the extreme cold weather has left us. My happiness to see the cold weather move on means it is now making other SHE cold. Hopefully, the beautiful 50F weather we are having today will be heading there soon and pushing the cold weather away.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:48 pm

LadyM I know that once I have made it through the snow and cold of January and February that warmth is on the way. Part of the reason that I jumped at the chance to get married on the first day of spring. A double celebration every year! We might get more snow and more cold, but the end is in sight. It's just that right now we are covered in a large, thick white blanket. Soon that blanket will be a green blanket. Sure, we have to deal with March and April and rain, but rain is better than snow. 8-)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”