Shivering Sunday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Shivering Sunday!

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:52 pm

Lady M, the next laugh came when dPastor's wife told her it probably wouldn't last long, "I'll just use a straw"! :lol: Obviously she loves it too!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Oh man. I am one who is sensitive to anything "hot". I put a few drops of tobasco in rice and beans and chili for DH but I don't go near the stuff. Just the thoughts of drinking it with a straw makes me shudder. :shock:

Lucylee, I hope your polecat stays away. Maybe it has a family close by? I just looked up their pictures. The polecat looks a bit like a weasel in shape. Cute little buggers.

Went to the late service at church. I only saw a few people using masks and I saw lots of people congregating together. I waited to walk out until the majority had left the courtyard. I wonder how long it will be until I feel comfortable there?

Daily stuff done, dishwasher running, garbage gathered and it's out to the road, had lunch. I will start work on my project for a couple hours now.

We are back up into the 80's but it's getting cooler nights. By mid week we'll be back down in the 50's. I'm glad I left my blanket at the bottom of my bed.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:59 pm

I am thankful for having water that is in the right places (coming out of the faucet). There are thousands within a 20 mile radius of me that are without water and no clue when they will get it. Three local towns are totally without water because their mains have broken from the cold weather. In the last hour, two local schools have sent out requests for locals to bring their wet vac and help move furniture out of the buildings. Now that it is warming up the pipes that froze & busted are spewing water everywhere. Those two schools have flooded due to water pipes busted inside the building. They are located in different towns than those without water.

I've been busy adding events to the calendar. DD9 will be attending a one day camp on the other side of the state next month. DS12 and DD9 will both attend week-long camps in June (separate weeks). DS12 has been asked to work at a wedding reception next month (go-for, pick up trash, etc). He is thrilled to be asked. He was also asked to spend a day/night helping to remove a boat from a lake in the next state and bringing it here. I'm not okay with that job offer so I've declined to give him approval for it. Next month is spring break which makes us all happy to not be doing school for a week.

DS12 just came home from riding his bike. His bike is broken AGAIN. This is frustrating.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 pm

I have rested and feeling better.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:06 pm

I've had something of a lazy day beyond the anti procrastination job. Dh was in a PMSey mood this a.m. and yesterday a.m. - if men had PMS, so I've just kept quiet. I did a little research and took a little nap. I'm starting soup for our dinner tonight.

I've already walked the dog. This a.m. M and I walked several laps and we got warm - it was probably forties but sunny and still. It's almost 60 now but March winds have picked up.

Need to make a list of things to get done this week. Some can go onto the anti procrastination challenge.

Here I don't believe new vaccine appointments have been added since early last week. I keep checking but no appointments available.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:13 pm

They started giving c19 shots again yesterday after being shut down due to the weather. They keep opening more pods and everyone I know isn't having a problem getting an appointment. There are many options including going to the local pharmacy... which doesn't even require an appointment. It is just walk-in status. Tomorrow they open up the shots to adults of any age with comorbidities. We don't have to show id or proof of anything. It would be super easy to get a vaccine without being a resident or be in the groups that are approved to be getting shots.

Mud. The snow has melted and left us mud. I'M NOT COMPLAINING....just stating facts. DS12 comes home covered in mud after playing with his friends. So covered in mud that he takes his outer layer of clothes off outside before he comes inside our home. The porch has a mound of muddy clothes on it. **Living life with a boy***
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:47 pm

No appointments being made here (at least in this part of FL) either, Twins. I check all the time. The last date they have for people being called are those who registered January 17th. As I've said before we're the 19th but I doubt we'll get appointments in time for dh to get his down here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Hi everyone! I am working at payroll on the test cases that are due Tuesday. I finished the immediate database fix, though there is another task to prepare for the month end runs. I already have a question from the big boss. I am not going to deal with it until Monday. I have made enormous progress on that and nothing until today on the test cases.

Last night, I had a good dinner with DD at an actual restaurant! I am saving money eating in but it is BORING! I am going to budget in a treat for myself starting next pay period. I chose the two thank you notes for yesterday's AP task. I am half done with today''s: two cat write ups. We had the annual meeting of the animal org this afternoon and there are more minutes to type. Can't put those on the AP list, I haven't procrastinated on them yet! DD found a missing puzzle piece so I was able to put the puzzle away. It's been out since Christmas. It is hard to do puzzles with cats.

Talked to my traveling companion (TC) friend. She is home from the hospital, but must remain in bed so her blood pressure does not go up again. She is staying with a friend, but the friend has to leave for a week, so xBFF is traveling out to look after her. Last time TC and I talked we were discussing cruises to Costa Rica :cry: .

Dinner tonight will be Japanese restaurant leftovers for DD and ??? for me.

lucylee: Skunk Away will work on boys, or any smelly item really. The only caveat is that, because it has hydrogen peroxide, it will bleach things. My brother once turned part of his light brown hair into a strawberry blonde. If he had just done the whole thing, he would have had the same hair as the other brother and me, but that was not the effect he wanted.

LadyMaverick: It wouldn't help if DS12 was a girl. DD was adept at finding dirt and getting it all over herself. My mother can attest that she got it from me.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:09 pm

DD9 has been in the mud too and left her muddy shoes on the front porch along with the mound of DS12 clothes and shoes. But she doesn't like to get mud on her face and in her hair. DS12 and his friends think it is great fun to do wheelies on dirt bike/ATV/Bike and see how high & far they can throw mud. DS12 doesn't have anything to ride now because his gocart and bikes are broken. So he runs alongside his friends while they are riding dirt bikes & ATV.

Gocart status is waiting on parts. I've ordered new gaskets and a belt for it from a-river. The gaskets came in but we are still waiting on the belt.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:45 pm

One load is out of the dryer and put away. The other load got switched over to the dryer, which is now drying today's load. Dishwasher is fully loaded and going. How do 2 people always have enough dishes to fill the dishwasher?

1 of the kittens is a "talker" and will meow a lot if she is tired. Right now she is grooming herself here in the pantry and making her deep little meows. Her sister is very quiet and will just sit somewhere and blink at me across a room. That one has walking past me close enough to let her tail touch me ever so slightly. The talker was the tinier kitten when we got them in August. She is a Tortie with the black and brown markings with some orange. The bigger, quieter one is a Tuxedo. My dd has the one that is white, orange and black. My dd said she bites A LOT.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”