Monday PWYC (Last week of Feb!)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday PWYC (Last week of Feb!)

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 am

Last week in February???? How did that that happen?

So let's wrap up the day well, looking forward to the rest of the week and 2021. Hoping it's getting better and better for us after the last year of pandemic.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday PWYC (Last week of Feb!)

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:53 am

I need to do that list of what I want/need to get done this week. I keep getting these "zings" that I should do this and that but I'm not getting it down. And I'm keeping in mind the procrastination challenge too.

I'm weepy right now, I just had a phone call from the assisted living place where my dmom lived. She was phoning a new applicant and the number was very close to mine and she called mine instead. I knew her voice right away (of course, the caller ID gave her away) but still it was so good to talk to her. I think this lady, the nursing supervisor, was so good, and gave me such a feeling that things would be alright.

I have sheets in the washer already and need to s2s. It's been raining but it looks like there will be enough of a break to walk the dog soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:01 am

Hi!

I woke up and heard the wind howling. I opened the blinds and there was the expected snow fall overnight. Later when I was at the back door, I opened it because the kittens wanted out. Brrr... they didn't stay out very long. They love to go out and dig in the snow. A few minutes later I was emptying the dishwasher and both of them came zooming through the kitchen on their way to their food dishes. Now they are grooming themselves and most likely getting ready for their morning naps.

Dh is out in the garage. Music is on.

No idea what we are having for supper. Most likely something with chicken.

Adding... all clean laundry is away. All clean dishes are away. Washed some measuring cups and knives. 2 cast iron frying pans are drying on the stove.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:59 am

Morning...

Today is horse day so I need to get some things ready to take with me.

It suppose to be 80* ... 10* above normal so that means my super duper sun screen, big hat and sun shirt. Think I’ll wear capris as well. I keep a large plastic container in the back of my suv with all sorts of extra stuff I might need. Guess I can take out my cold weather gear and replace it with clothes for higher temps.

Need to water my soldiers before I go. The warmer weather is great for them as they start to germinate. I should start to see sprouts in about 7-10 days. My tall boys usually shown up first. I have planted so many new to me varieties that I have no idea what to expect.

My gf asked me to care for her American IKEA pup for a couple of days. She told me she would pay me but I said in exchange of money she take me for a day of fishing on the lake in her boat. I suck at fishing, but love being on the water :D

Need to start my day. Have a few footprints to pickup in my office. My home needs my attention so if I don’t go fishing tomorrow I’ll do it on Thursday.

Waving to y’all ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:18 am

I need to do that list of what I want/need to get done this week.
That's me too, Twins, especially since DS-R, DDIL & DGS16 are arriving Saturday for a week! Will be so nice To to see them -especially since DDIL & DGS have both already had Covid -DS always tested negative. I know there's tons to do before they arrive. AND DD will be gone every day this week.

DD has her TSA kids tonight until probably 9 o'clock. They're finishing up their projects for this weeks virtual competition. One night she has judging while still at school. Think she has hockey 2 or 3 nights. One day she has to go to Tampa to be tested for Covid -whose bright idea was this? I know Friday night she and dh have hockey in Orlando and one night she has to be in Tampa early for a 5 o'clock game. It's just a crazy week. Then Saturday morning we have S tanley S teamer coming and she has another game in Tampa later that afternoon. She has to be there so early now for Covid testing. We were going to plan meals and we sort of did that. Guess it's up to me to plan meals for dinner this week and my mind is blank. It's overly hard since dsonil leaves for work shortly after 12-noon.

Dh has gone to the hearing aid center. His left hearing aid died this weekend and it's not the battery. He called this morning and had to be there by 10:30. Glad it's happened here and not up north as we haven't found a provider up there for this hearing aid. Guess we better do that -that will be an anti-procratination task for April/May for him.

Dh plans to go to W algreens today to make an appointment for Covid testing the 24th of March. Has to test 3 days prior to flying out which is March 27th. DD already told DDIL she could make appointments there for the 3 of them next week.

I slept really well most of the night. F itbit says I got 9 hours 30 minutes. I'm using something new on my feet/toes and I think it's working better than anything I've tried for a very long time. Keeping my fingers crossed. I've said for some time that it's the arthritis in my joints and this seems to be helping. Time will tell I guess.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:41 am

CI my hip is better. Yea my dsis reminded me of exercises to do squeeze a pillow between knees helped.
I too need to have a list for Anti P. Things I had been thinking of that. I put a couple for the next up ones in the thread.
I also need to pay attn. To inside stuff after last week I was outside more.
I slept well till 6:45, was up one or two times in th nite that is normal for me.
I need to do some rounds.

8 D's worked on that.
B.W.P. needs attn. Did some on that.
Living room was a great place to begin. Worked on it looks better yea!

P.U.P.A.
R.B.R.

Did a round p.u.p.a. liv. Room & vacuum in there & R.B.R. did swish in bathrooms. Yea!
Had lunch.
Rain showers & sun here today. Walk is a bit delayes.
Waving to everyone!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:39 pm

I have been so bored that I've washed all the dishes. I also made jell o. It was requested last week sometime.

Supper tonight is a chicken and rice casserole. I will make either the corn on the cob that dh bought for some reason or bake him a squash.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Dee -- are you using an OTC product for your arthritis? Dh is constantly on the lookout for something to help. His arthritis just seems to move around -- one week his feet are killing him, the next it might be his hips, the next -- knees. Doctor told him that was common with his form of arthritis.

I started the laundry, * before I started playing on the phone or computer * so that's something. :D
I've s2s and done morning routine, emptied out the humidifier, and dh and I have been to the post office. I've written checks and paid two bills.
Talked to dmom on phone.
Talked to ddil on phone.

Trying to decide what to cook for supper. DH says, "what ever you want." :roll:
I guess it would be easier to have a strict routine like dh says him dmom did -- one night was (for example) chicken, one night was fish, one was meatloaf, one was chili or spaghetti... but dh claims he wouldn't like knowing exactly what he was going to eat every single night of the world. He is not THAT much like Monk or Sheldon. :lol:

I'm kinda dragging today -- I only got 6 hours sleep. DH couldn't settle down and go to sleep, and we were awake, talking, a long time. And I was reading late into the night.

And now Humana keeps calling and wanting to tell dh something about his prescription. But they can't understand anything I am saying.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Sent you a PM, Lucylee.

I'm interspersing exercise with 15 minute breaks for housework. At least I'm seeing progress. Not sure what I'll fix dh and me for dinner. Think there might be enough taco meat left to make a couple of salads -I hope. If not I'm out of ideas.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:30 pm

I have walked the dog. It rained some was done raining by the time we got home.
Delt with some desk stuff got off another list h. Was getting so got off another list that is three in the last week.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”