Monday PWYC (Last week of Feb!)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Monday PWYC (Last week of Feb!)

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:45 pm

Chicken wasn't defrosted enough when it was time to start cooking it, so I defrosted some ground beef in the microwave and we are having ham burger helper cheeseburger macaroni tonight and the chicken will be tomorrow night. Pork chops already out of the freezer for Wednesday night.

I think I would die of cooking boredom if we had the same thing every week night. My first dh's parents did that. They weren't even Catholic, but they had fish and chips every Friday night. Another night was meatloaf, another was sausages. Can't remember what they had on what night, but it was the same with chores. Washing on Monday, ironing on Tuesday, mending on Wednesday, etc... My step mother sort of did the same with the washing, ironing, mending... she was a stay-at-home mom, but still shopped for groceries on Saturday morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:03 pm

I have done a round of productive research today in another direction in my case study. I have proven another grandparent of the subject couple with indirect evidence. I have written up some of the notes but it's hard sometimes because I don't know where I'm heading when I start in another direction.

I need to walk the dog and have a snack, I've worked straight through except for some cheese and crackers.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:31 pm

Guess I never posted here today. I was busy up in the procrastination and vaccine one then DH came in and wanted me to go with him on a bike ride... and I did that...and never got back.

You know how when you do one project and it makes a mess for another one? That's where I am. Kitchen and dining room need big cleanups now. I did some. The rest will be tomorrow.

Had dinner, cleaned up kitchen. DH is out moving big truck to another job and I have to go pick him up when he calls pretty soon. Here we go again.

Warm today. Traffic was heavier than usual on our little back streets. Garbage trucks moving around I had to watch out for. Also a big flatbed sod truck. Electric company has been in our neighborhood the last couple weeks trimming some trees by the electric lines. Guess they had some outages during the recent storms when we had a bunch of wind. They still haven't come in our back yard to trim the big oak which is all over our line. We built a big double gate just for them so they could get behind our fence...maybe we shouldn't have bothered.

I cook whatever I have available to make and whatever sounds good at the moment. But I'm not going to do all that cooking every day for just 2 people so we eat the same a few days in a row. By then I'm tired of it and ready to cook again. If there is a serving or two left after that I put it in the freezer with a label for those days I have nothing or no time to cook. I wouldn't like doing the same thing day after day. We just about finished the soup I made Saturday. We had 7 meals out of it but it was so good we didn't get tired of eating it. For as high maintenance DH is, he is good to cook for and loves having something ready to just heat up even if it's the 3rd day.

Elizabeth

Happy NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY!!!

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi everyone! I have been filling out paperwork for my new job. I now know the salary and have sent that info and some other stuff to my financial planner. I have also gotten an appointment. This should make it easier to kick my debt to the curb! There is not a lot of debt, when compared to the typical American debt load, but it is more than I have ever had and certainly more than I am happy with.

My database error turned out to be a non-issue. Yes, there was an error that needed to be fixed. However, what happened is that every time a new month was loaded, some records from past months got duplicated. Because the report was run only on the latest month, the erroneous data was never sent out. It would only appear if someone ran a report for a past month. It will be fixed, but I was able to assure the big boss and the biggest boss that the results they were given were accurate. In fact, the fix for the data actually confirms those results because it is now possible to pull up past months. End of month process still needs to be fixed, but that has a little time left.

I started my AP challenge task at lunch: I hand wrote info on foster cat Joe Briggs. Tonight, I will type it up and send it on. It is 8 minutes until 5 pm. I don't think I will be getting a lot more done at payroll.

Return to “Post When You Can”