Spring-like Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Spring-like Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:15 pm

I have been emotionally struggling and forcing myself to keep going. I feel fine physically but I could win the award for Mrs Cranky Pants without much of a contest. I recognize the tendency to be unhappy and have been doing all the things that I know will help me get through this time. The biggest help for me is to acknowledge it. There are mountains and valleys in life. It is just a fact of life that my hormones are bonkers right now. I have been working on staying active and increasing my movement. I'm also remaining aware to get as much sunshine as possible. It doesn't help that Mr 12 year old with 15-year-old hormones is a constant challenge. This too shall pass.

DS12 has finished school. DD9 is still working on her assignments. As soon as she finishes I'm going to go do something by myself. Anything. I'm getting in the car and driving out of the driveway and down the street. I'll figure where I'm going once I reach that point.

Mrs. Cranky Pants will CI later.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Awww, LadyM, teen and preteens can do that to us. Yes, get away from it all for awhile. I hope you're getting the sunshine that we have here.
You're entitled to be down after living through the deep freeze there, too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Back from errands get take out saw a friend while I was picking that up.
Store run done.
Did some thrifting.
Art date done.
Called my sis.
Walked the dog around the block it is too cold & windy to do any more than that.

LM hope your get away was helpful.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 pm

Well I’m finally getting ready to take my shower!

All things listed were done with the exception of mopping.

However I also decluttered and reorganized two linen clothes, clean and reorganize my refrigerator. Two loads of laundry were washed and processed. Cooked and prepped for dinner which meant I cleaned the kitchen twice.

I usually listens to music while I worked but this time I decided to listen to a podcast called I Spy with many real live spies telling their stories. Time span was from the 60’s to the 2005 and were quite interesting. I read many spy books so I really enjoyed it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:50 pm

Washing machine is going. Dishwasher is getting loaded. Pots and pans and 2 really nasty casserole dishes are either soaking or sitting beside the sink waiting. As per usual, the casserole dish that I used for the scalloped potatoes has to soak because the butter and cream burned around the top. This is on purpose. It's just the dish that gets the burned stuff from where the cream is bubbling up while it's baking. I think it's almost time to go wash it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:39 pm

I am feeling MUCH better.

By the time DD9 finished school assignments, I lost interest in going anywhere. DH asked if I wanted to go out to eat but I still needed to wash DD9 hair. He went and picked up food from a Mexican restaurant while I gave DD9 a bath. I overate but enjoyed every bite. Then I put my feet up and watched an old feel-good movie (Places in the heart).

Note to self...Do not ground DS12 when he has a bad attitude. Find a different way to encourage him to make better decisions. When he is grounded that means he is stuck at home with me 24/7 and we both need our space.

I'm ready to call it a day. Tomorrow is a new day!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:12 pm

I am working on setting up my March planner I just realized it is only a week away.
Got a few notes down for a letter.
Did a bit of drawing that was fun To have some fresh inspiration!
Had dinner.
We had all kinds of weather today wind sun rain sleet snow & hail.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 pm

I washed most of the dishes. (Pots/pans/casserole dishes/knives) Dishwasher is doing the cutlery/plates and cups. Stuff from washer is in the dryer. Blue Bloods was very good tonight. I know they are repeats now, but I don't care.

Dh did an oil change tonight instead of tomorrow because the guy dropped off his truck tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”