Spring-like Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Spring-like Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 am

It feels like Spring here, I know every one isn't getting the warmer sunny weather yet, but it is coming for sure!

The sun is out, we're warming up to mid 60s and life is good!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Spring-like Tuesday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 am

Hi!

We had temps over 0 C yesterday. In your temps, (F) that would have been a difference of around 32 degrees. Today it's cold again and I have to go to the bank. Brrr...

I need to load the dishwasher at some point. The lower prices for hydro are finished and we are back to paying more depending on the time of day. Any time after 6 p.m. is good for doing laundry and dishes again.

I've had my rice pudding and now I am having toast with peanut butter. Tea is too hot to drink right this minute.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:06 am

I need to wrap the case study up and move on, but I'm having so much fun! I have the day for research today, once a.m. routine is done.

I need to get my steps in today, and also need to check with HOA about a dumpster here when our back porch gets redone.

I've already done my anti procrastination for today - cleaned out another drawer of the chest that I've been dealing with.

Heading out to walk the dog now...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:58 am

Morning...

Had fun with the horses yesterday. We call Mondays salon days because we spend time brushing the horses. Unlike horses owned by people who raise and ride horses, we need to keep the corral bars between us for safety sake. Our horses act like 900 lb toddlers some times pushing what ever horse we are brushing out of the way so they can have their turn. They also buck, kick and bite at times to move other horses out of their way. They don’t understand waiting for their turn. You see this same behavior when they are out in the arena and playing with the toys. You don’t want to get in the way when one “child” decides she/he wants the toy and chases the other away. This can cause a ruckus among the “kids”. Fun to watch but at a distance.

Last night I gave my hair an oil treatment and slept with it pinned up. Usually I wash it out in the morning, but I have things I want to do so it’s gonna stay that way for a while.

Things I need to do today:

Precook some rice and broccoli for tonight casserole
Laundry: dirt horse clothes
Empty the dish washer
Water soldiers
Footprint pick up: I come home tired on horse days
House blessing

Need to get rolling if I want to get it all done by the end of the day

Temps should be around 80* today. That should make my soldiers toasty warm in their barracks :D

Waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:11 am

Waving to you gals!
Snow is down to just a few crumbs here hoping that ut will be gone by the end of the day we have sunshibe here yea!
Happy to write that I got another round done last evening I picked up snow boots in the dining room and dog towels swept in there and the kitchen.
Got half of the counters delt with yea for progress!
Decluttered a couple of piles yea!
It was 52* here yesterday!
Next up
Swiffer bathroons
more counter cleaning.* did anorhe section yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:46 am

Did my AP challenge for the day. (Too easy)

Supper tonight will be chicken and rice casserole and corn on the cob for dh.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:58 pm

My AP task for today didn't seem very easy. Now am taking a short rest between that and doing some exercise.

Slept poorly last night. Was up at 6 and then 8 (took my T-med then). Then I must have fallen asleep because I never heard dh. I woke back up around 9:30 or so and was afraid he was still asleep. He's getting his hair cut right now. Then he's going to W algreens to make an appointment for Covid testing before he flies home next week. Has to be tested 3 days before flight. DS=R & family will have to make appointments for theirs once they get here this weekend. Pretty sure they'll have to have theirs next Wednesday or Thursday. Sadly when they get back to NY they have to quarantine but only 3 days and then another test.

DD was supposed to go to Tampa after work today for a Covid test. But the powers that be have finally (sensibly) decided they can get tested before the game tomorrow -which is very early (5pm). Means she'll have to be there before 3pm -hard to do when she's not out of school till 2:30.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Good morning! It's still morning for another 3 minutes here. We are 86° here with a bright blue sky. It doesn't feel hot because the humidity isn't high like in the summer.

I had more morning routine to do than usual. Since I was so busy with my AP the past few days, I was only doing the bare minimums around here. All caught up including today's AP.

Kitchen cleaned up better. Chicken out of freezer for tonight. I need to look up a recipe for something good to do with it. Reconciled a bank account that I had messed up. Wrote check and note, got that out to mailbox. Time for a break.

Dee, does anybody check to see if people are actually doing all those tests after traveling?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:05 pm

I'm pretty sure the BOH does, Harmony. They have to fill out a questionnaire before leaving the airport and I'm sure they have name & numbers from that. And the tests are submitted to the DOH so yes, I think so. There's a $2,000 fine if you don't fill out the tracking questionnaire before leaving the airport btw.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 pm

It is beautiful here too! I’m sitting in the car with the window rolled down and WOW — it is 69 degrees???— Dmom is getting her first cataract surgery done. (Prayer request in j&c.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”