WARM-HEARTED WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: WARM-HEARTED WEDNESDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Both kids have finished school assignments, practiced guitar and have their personal care (hair/teeth/clothes) done.

I've completed 104 SHE cards. One.card.at.a.time.

This evening is the return of another use-to-be-normal activity for us. We will eat a meal with the church family. They have not restarted the potluck part of the church meal yet, but keep all the food prep done in one kitchen by a couple of people wearing masks. There are no dishes and utilities touched by multiple people. All food is dished up by a single person instead of everyone serving themselves. But other than that.....it is back to normal.

I will be attending a VBS (Vacation Bible School) meeting tonight for the volunteers who will be teaching it this summer. After that meeting, then I return to teaching the littles class weekly again.

DH returns to driving the church bus to take people home after church.

I'm a tiny bit apprehensive about restarting these normal activities because there is no personal space. I'm okay with no mask-wearing but being indoors with multiple people within arms reach is something that doesn't feel normal,,,,,,,yet. It is as if my brain has been programmed to see germs floating in the air.......
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:35 pm

I have walked the dog, we got another dog a service dog back home. I noticed it on our way up the road.
Weather is better sun came out.
Made a call.
Did some laundry.
Made progress on the crafting table downstairs in the sewing room.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Understood, Dee, I was asking in generalities!

Supper is underway. I walked dog, and when dh got home we went out to see the carnage. The entire back patio, roof, supports and dying plants next to it are all gone.

Tomorrow is WHB.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:44 pm

PEOPLE! I was surrounded by people and loved every moment. I am energized by the experience. The non-stop conversations were wonderful. I forgot how good it feels to be with others. Friends that can talk nonstop without needing a subject. IYKWIM. I am hoping this is what I needed to make Mrs Cranky Pants go away.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 am

I am doing better at establishing my “habits”/routines.
I am giving myself some grace, however, and counting the little things I do that ARE worthwhile, even if they don’t contribute to making my house cleaner or less cluttered. (But aren’t part of the every day stuff like cooking supper and s/s the kitchen.)
Today’s “Quality Time” —
— 1st 15? (Actually approx 2 hrs) — dmom eye doctor and grocery store.
— 2nd 15? (At least) — helping DH with laundry
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”