WARM-HEARTED WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: WARM-HEARTED WEDNESDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:49 pm

I hope you get to feeling better, LadyM. Do you thing you're kind of let down because you've been vaccination and things haven't changed that much? It's such a looked forward to event I wonder if I'll feel that way.

Car is loaded up with corrugated and I'm heading out.

Vote
Car wash
Groceries
Recycle
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:36 pm

When I got up and the ground was covered with ice and was slick glad it is melting now and the sun it out yea.
I did my anti p. Thing first yea!
Dishes are done it did a counter spiff.
Bujo & planning & joyrnal is done.
I need to get up and move around again.
These winter roads make me feel like I am grounded, being punished and it is not my fault.
Wiped down the bathroom counters yippie!
Posting from stat bike it has been a challenge to get moving this morning.
Waving to everyone!
Got dressed.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 pm

Definitely not a morning person here!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 pm

My personality is one that is super calm during a crisis until after everything is over, then I fall to pieces. I think my emotions are coming from multiple things. None of them alone would take me under but all of them together is being a challenge. I just need to hang on and trust that my emotions will smooth out and return to normal.

I really need to make a better plan for disciplining DS12. When I leave it to spur of the moment decision, then I have no idea where these goofy consequences come from! I just heard screaming from the house so went to check on the kid status. DS12 had hidden and scared DD9. I asked her if she was okay, while DS12 was apologizing to her. She said all was fine. I asked her if I should have DS12 stand in the corner for doing it and she said no. I asked if I should put KETCHUP ON HIS NOSE and she thought that was hilarious and said yes. So I dipped the end of my pinkie finger in ketchup and put a dot on the tip of his nose. His punishment was having to stand still while I did it. He immediately wiped it off and we were all laughing about it. But really? That has to be one of my most illogical ideas for getting his attention to stop doing things.

Lunch was chicken patty sandwiches, tator tots, and oatmeal raisin cookies. Leftover mashed potatoes and green beans were available too.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:10 pm

(((LadyM)))
Tomorrow is another day.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Good afternoon, all!

Nothing really to say, just giving a wave before I go to flip the wash.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:23 pm

(LadyM) exactly how I am after a crisis. I think we burn up all our adrenaline and our bodies and souls need to replenish. I love the ketchup idea. I'd have made him stand there for 5 minutes with the drop on his nose.

Was taking a break to regroup. DH came in. Helped him unload the wood that was left on the dolly, too heavy for him to pull to woodpile by himself. Helped him remove the leaking (slime) tire that's got a pretty big hole somewhere.

Talked with DH's doctor. Got his heart appointment moved up one month. I told her we weren't changing doctors just because the hospital assigned another. We thought maybe he was a new partner or something, no just somebody they brought in. DH didn't tell them he already had a dr. please call HIM. Our medical care, his and mine, has gone downhill since this Virus began. I haven't had my BP taken in all this time, nor my O2 level. And they've failed to put my lab results in my online folder, so I really have no idea where I am. He saw his GP this morning and I sent him with a list of questions. Don't know the answers yet. :roll:

Hello to Mystery. I'm wondering how Blessed is doing also.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:29 pm

DD sent a beautiful picture of her dinner at the game (they are fed before game each time). Orlando Solar Bears does too, but the fare is usually pretty bad and COLD. She was kidding with dh that her dinner (chicken, mashed potatoes & green beans) was also HOT. Theirs in Orlando is always cold if they manage to get anything. She took a half day off today as she had to be in Tampa to be Covid tested at 1:30.

My new printer arrived today -3 days early. The box was a mess but the printer itself was fine. Took me a while but I finally got it working.

Dh has gone out back to check the chlorine in the water system. I'm betting it's quite low or almost non-existent. That means they'll have to go to the pool store by this weekend before DS-R and family arrive.

I've done nothing except get the printer going and exercise so far today. And too much nibbling.

Dh had asked me this morning if I was done with the old printer and of course I was. So he got it in the trash. When I was putting new paper in this one it dawned on me that I didn't think I'd taken paper out of the old one. So, nice hubby that he is, he went out and checked. Sure enough at least a 1/2" stack.

Perhaps that's a gene that's inherit in we villagers as I'm the same way in a crisis. Great while it's going on and then.........
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Dee, is your dd on the ice or upstairs?

I had a good round of errands, thankfully I remembered that I needed to pick up dog meds too. Already told over in Anti P that I stopped at Y and cancelled my membership.

The construction crew nearly has our old porch and roof off. I know dMuffin is stressed out with the banging and noise. I took her across the street for awhile - dneighbor there was working in the yard so Muff got to hang out in her yard in the sunshine and we sat on the porch and had a visit. It's a glorious day here - as dfriend M said this morning.

Muffin is hanging out in our bedroom, I turned on a fan for some white noise for her.

I'll be over 10K steps today.

I'm going to stay down here but work on my genealogy for awhile. Want to stay close for Muffin.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Upstairs somewhere, Twins. I'd tell you what her job is but don't want to get too specific here. I do know the event Monday has been postponed until sometime in April. This actually made dd very happy because she was going to the beach with DS-R & family & was going to drive separately so she could be to Tampa in time. Events keep getting changed around because of so many postponements and now having to accommodate venue availability.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”