Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:11 am

Thursday - I'm at a loss for a theme!

Let's do it!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:23 am

I'm pushing WHB off until tomorrow again this week. There's an urgency to getting it done on Friday that I don't have on Thursday!

We'll have burgers on lettuce wraps tonight with a wedge salad, and perhaps order out tomorrow night.

I get to work on genealogy today and will change gears (although I'm not at a stopping place with the case study.)

Not sure if construction people will be here today - they got the concrete patio and roof off entirely yesterday and hauled the concrete off. There's a pile of debris in the yard waiting for the dumpster. We decided it was better to "beg forgiveness than ask permission" about the dumpster; it will go on the street so the heavy equipment doesn't have to cross the front yard to the driveway, they can go straight around hte house to the street.

Dmuff wouldn't go out in the back this a.m. She doesn't like the rough gravel of the what's left from the patio. I took her out in the front and went around to the back so she could do her business. When she was done she went back around the house to the front door. :lol:

I've already walked dMuff and then I lured her into the back yard with treats! She's so funny about changes in her life, dd says she's just like my mother, a little old lady who hated change to her routines.

I also started dishwasher, forgot to run it last night.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:29 am

Morning...

Not sure what my day holds.

Worked with the horses without a hitch. My gf and I loaded a pickup truck with 18 bales of hay and got a good workout. Did all our normal chores and had time to watch the rescues play.

The feed for the WW’s was another story ... loaded another 18 bales with just the two of us... one was a guy. Should have loaded another truck, but the girl forgot to bring it. Started up the ridge and the small trailer with 12 bales broke and dumped 2 bales going up the ridge. That causes the horses to head that way. Once over the ridge we had to stop and readjust the rest of the bales. Not usually a problem unless you are surrounded by 40+ Very hungry very horses looking for dinner. Sort of like swatting flies around a apple, except these flies are know to kick.

Travelled down the ridge into the valley with horses following us. Once the small truck stopped we started started flinging flakes...pieces of hay from the bale as fast and as far as we could. Finally we thought we were finished when we saw another huge band of horses 30+ horses in the distance coming out of from the other ridges and headed our way. Knew we didn’t have enough hay for them so the gal took the truck bake to the barn and load more hay. Drove back down to the valley just as the hungry band arrived and started feeding them.

Once that was done, I took time to enjoy watching all the horses and was once again struck by how lucky I was able to do this. I saw an amazing stallion. He was so dark brown he was almost black without a speck of white on him. Never seen him before and he was breath taking to look at.

Came home tired in dirty and headed for the shower. I took off most of my clothes in the laundry room and when I took of my bra I discovered the inside was filled with hay and dirt.

I went to bed at 8:15 and I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. Didn’t sleep well and work with a migraine. Finally was able to fall back to sleep.

I have several things I want to do today but I’m just gonna let my body steer my day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:41 am

Just amazes me all you (and so many others) do for the wild horses. What a kindness. Find myself always enjoying your posts about them.

Dh, pastor and another church member are going to lunch pretty soon. The one is blind and will need the two guys to help him. Just helping him get out. His dwife (fairly young) passed away last Spring after a very short bout with a brain tumor. She was our organist. It was just about the time the pandemic really got rolling here.

I've listed several things on AP list. Some are very needy!

DD had hockey last night, tonight, dh & she have it tomorrow night & she has it again Saturday night. Monday's game has been postponed and she's very happy about that. DS-R & family arrive Saturday evening. I believe they and dd are going to the beach Sunday morning and staying until Monday afternoon. Says at least now they don't have to take 2 cars and her leave early for the game.

Dsonil is taking tonight off and working tomorrow, giving some guys a break from 12 hour days. He's heading to Plant City to go to the lawyer's and pick up his Mom's mail. Seems to be getting less and less -after 6 months.

DD has to leave right from school today for Tampa as the game is early again. Yesterday she took the afternoon off.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 am

Good Morning!

We are off to a fairly smooth start to the day. Both kids are working on their school assignments. This will be the last full day of school this week. Tomorrow both kids are doing other things so school will be less than an hour.

Homemade manwich and chips will be lunch. There are several leftovers available - mashed potatoes, pulled pork, summer squash, delicate squash, and green beans. DH volunteered to run to the grocery store to get bell peppers and onions so I can make the manwich. I'll start that dish as soon as he returns.

41 SHE cards completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:47 pm

I have done my bujo planning & journaling. Did a bit of sketching.
Had bfast.
It is windy and snow in the forecast 1" here.
Need to s2s x
Make bed and a few other things like sweep & mop. Good inside things to do.
With this kind of weather. I cannot see the hill for the snow. None here yet.
Exercise x
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:57 pm

I am a bit disorganized today. Things keep happening around here and I have a lot on my mind.

I was reading through our taxes (accountant called this morning before I was even up) and was going to organize all the papers and all the bookkeeping I have for all that. DH came back in with a piece of equipment that's going back to the store and wanted me to clean it up... which took over an hour with qtips etc. So as I get back to the taxes I noticed the email screen up and find my paperwork from the insurance company...

So, I'm going to get that packet together for county office (my Proc. job for today) and stop to pick up my Rx on the way....because they just texted that its ready... and pick up whatever we need from that store.

DH is also out of sorts. His schedule is all mixed up with working out of town weekends...which has just had a break for this weekend... and then the job he's doing all week has a break today because the homeowner isn't there today... and he was sitting in his chair rather miserable until I suggested he go get his yard chores done today. That always makes him happy being outside most of the day.

So off I go to get these 2 things done and then I'm due for a break.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:01 pm

Dh and I have gone out and done a couple of errands. We got short ribs at one store, so when we got home I put them into a large zippered plastic bag with marinade so they will be ready for supper tonight. Picked up dh's meds when we were out. Massive line up to get into Cost c o, so I was happy to be able to walk right in without anyone saying anything this time.

Thanks to the AP thread, I can post that I need to do something and I'm actually going and doing it so I can post that I got it done.

I stayed up much too late reading Tide Lands by Phillippa Gregory last night. I finished that one and started reading Dark Tide right away.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:27 pm

We are eating lunch earlier than normal. It was ready to eat and I had met my fasting goal (13 hours) so decided to just do it. No one complained about eating early. :)

DD9 and DGD10 are doing school together by video. They aren't working on the same assignments but they enjoy the companionship of just knowing the other one is doing school too. There are long pauses while they work on assignments and then they will talk about what they are doing for a minute or two and then return to working.

I'm going to make a trip to the city this afternoon in hopes Sam's have freezers and meats restocked. I don't have much hope because our local grocery store freezer section was emptied and they are still completely out of bread. The store employee said as soon as the bread truck restocks the shelves every day, then people come in and buy it all. IMHO, people have lost their minds! We are 70-80 degrees warmer this week than last week. The panic buying of food should be over.

57 SHE cards completed
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:04 pm

LadyM I think this past year has changed the way a lot of people think and shop and stock their homes. It used to be that people had a "fear of missing out" now I think it's a "fear of running out".
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”