March Forward Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: March Forward Monday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:23 pm

When I say homemade, I mean that it was cooked in my house. Past goes from a package. Sauce comes out of a can. Meat comes out of a freezer. In the off season, I buy peppers at the store. I love being able to go into the garden and pick one to put in the sauce, along with fresh picked basil, but I can't do that right now... I add seasonings and meat and peppers to the canned sauce, but I don't actually make the sauce. We tried it once and it didn't work.

I am really hungry. Dh went out with a friend and got a burger while he was out. I need a little something to tide me over until we go out for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 pm

My 'homemade' comes from 2 or 3 jars of prepared sauce, a can of tomato puree, a can of tomato sauce, seasonings, a little sugar, cooked ground beef and sliced Italian sausage. Then it cooks all day. For some reason I don't think it's going to taste the same this time. :(
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:25 pm

I’m waiting for oil change and tire rotation. At a new place. Hmmmm...
Highly recommended by our yard man... we will see.
The Xpress place we LOVED and trusted changed hands and the new owners are really getting blasted on FB. We tried them and we were okay with it, but of course there is no way we can KNOW they did “everything” they are supposed to — and I had to ask them to check the tires. Then DS went out there twice, and both times he was aggravated with the way they acted.
So — trying this one. A little less convenient but... we will see.

I’ve been to the
post office,
bank,
drug store..
Will go back by the drug store to pick up rx, then
Grocery store for ice cream
And home
— wrap present, sign card
— dust
— s/s bathrooms
— start supper.

:) Waving to everyone!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Just finally got my 'call' to schedule my vaccine. Think I'll feel somewhat better about going out and about once I get my 2nd one.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Dee - YES!! I'm happy for you!

DH is home with his treasures. >>>insert rolling eyes<<<< DH now has replacement parts for the pickup that he is restoring. His treasures = 2 doors, tailgate & seat. I'm pleased that DH is pleased.

School seems to be dragging on and on. Both kids are making progress so I'm trying my best to be patient.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:53 pm

LadyM, I've been doing one of those things that I'm doing because I'm right and someone on Find-A-Grave is wrong and I want it correct. It's not worth the effort I've put into it, but it just burns me that people believe all those darn family trees they find on Ancestry. I know for a fact that James and M did not marry until 1865 and he named his living children in 1898 in his Civil War pension application. This woman has linked James to W who is supposedly their son - born 1862 in a county James was never in, even before he joined the military in 1863. No census record ever shows James and M with a son named W. Like I said, it's not worth the effort I've put into it. He is a great great something uncle, but still?

I'm making Chicken parm tonight with chickpea pasta spaghetti. I'm using chicken tenderloins that cook quickly and jarred marinara sauce.

Here it is two hours later and I need to get supper started...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Supper for me was steak, sweet potatoes, and asparagus. Supper for everyone else was Bacon Cheeseburgers. Cooking two supper menus is goofy but I don't want what they had and they don't want what I had. At least everyone is happy.

School is done for the day. I haven't checked all the assignments yet, but I'll get to them later tonight or in the morning.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:15 pm

I have swished the toilets.
Did a short walk with the dog it is windy out.
Did a small amount of gardening.
Dumped the trash ahead of trash day yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:39 pm

When I got up extra early to try to make that appointment, I noticed I had a slight headache, which got worse when DH walked into the office and put the bright overhead light on. Not feeling my greatest when I was done so went back to bed and got another hour of sleep.

A baby aspirin and later an xtra strength tylenol later...I was sitting in the bright family room with my sunglasses on. Head still iffy. I just took it easy till mid afternoon when it either got better or the pain relievers worked. Was able to go to the store to pick up Rx and got something easy to make for dinner. Definitely not home cooked. A pre-baked chicken, coleslaw and macaroni salad. Now my head is a bit iffy again so I'll do another tylenol or something. Don't know, maybe I was warding off a migraine.

Hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow and I'll be able to get back to work.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:05 am

I put this in the Shes in the Kitchen/recipes thread, under misc recipes, but thought I'd put it here too. It is totally foolproof, and I've never had anyone who didn't eat a plateful of it. This is supposed to serve 4, so I doubled the recipe tonight and the 7 of us (including two kids) left just enough for me to have a serving for supper some night when dh is eating something I don't want. People are always surprised when they see that you cook the spaghetti IN the sauce, not separately. I think that is why I like it so much -- the sauce doesn't slide off the spaghetti, and I think the sauce is thicker than a lot of restaurants serve.
Anyway -- I'm sure you all have your own favorite versions of spaghetti, but I thought I'd share this one, since I have so little to contribute to anything that resembles a cooking conversation! :lol:

SKILLET SPAGHETTI

1 lb ground beef
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 cups + 2 oz tomato juice
3 cups water
2 Tbs minced onion
1 7-oz pkg thin spaghetti

Brown ground beef; drain.
Stir in dry ingredients -- chili powder, oregano, sugar salt, garlic salt.
Blend in tomato paste.
Stir in tomato juice, minced onion, and water.
Bring to boil.
Add spaghetti and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”