Marching Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Marching Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:25 am

Where are we heading today on our March? Let's check in, so no one gets left behind!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Marching Tuesday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:40 am

Hi!

There are no dirty dishes in my house and no dirty laundry. I honestly don't know what to do other than stitch. I could go shopping because smaller stores are opening up. Malls have reopened as well. Of course there are restrictions and masks are mandatory everywhere.

I could stitch. I could also do paperwork. Because I am all caught up on burning stuff outside, there aren't any paper bags (think dollar store) crammed full of crumpled paper waiting to be burned.

Maids are coming tomorrow... BUT! (isn't there always one of those) The former owners are coming to pick up their car today at some point. I think I should at least sweep the back hall. I don't even know if they will be coming into the house. Living room is tidy. Bedroom is tidy, other than the bed being unmade. Kitchen is tidy, other than the island. (Of course!)

No idea what is for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:43 am

I am marching upstairs myself to prep for the discussion group today at 1 p.m. That could be my anti procrastination, because I've managed to put it off until today. Someone I'm not enjoying it as much these days and I'd rather do other things than the prep.

And I simply must start doing the PT for my hips! All this sitting at the computer is leaving me sore! I need to get back to the body work too, as soon as I get the second vaccine.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:44 am

I keep 'marching' to the corner of my office. Have a few more things to do there.

DS-R & DDIL went for a walk with DBiscuit. Dh has gone to the hearing center. One of his hearing aids quit working over a week ago. They discovered the wire that goes into his ear was broken (a common occurrence). They called a while ago to say his repairs are in.

The kitchen here looks like it was sent for so I guess that will be my first order of business!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:24 pm

Good Morning!

Helia is on my mind this morning. Blessedw2 also. Hopefully they will CI soon

My morning is off to a smooth start. I woke up at 6am after meeting my 7+ hour sleeping goal. The first thing I do when I wake up is to check the fitbit app to see if I've met my sleeping goal. I hold the ability to get out of bed as a hostage. If I have met my sleep goal, then I gift myself the prize of getting up. If I haven't slept enough then I make myself stay in bed until I do reach it. Yes, I realize this isn't the way everyone does it, but it works for me. Finding what works seems to be the hardest part. This is a Win-Win for me! I met my sleep goal and I get a reward.

DD9 school curriculum is being tweaked today. We are saying good-bye to Freckle curriculum (which has a timer that doesn't work correctly). It is being replaced by two new-to-us curriculums - Dreambox and Mindplay. Both of these curricula were chosen by DD9 teacher. These are supplemental curricula that are used in preparing the student for the state test. DD9 is happy with the change so I'm okay with it.

Lunch is chicken, potatoes and green beans. The chicken & potatoes are cooking in the instant pot now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Ci marched the trash can out to the road.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:08 pm

I am getting caught up around here. I still don't feel 100% but better than yesterday so I can get some things done. I have a LOL that I've never folded up and put away so I'll do that next. Think I've forgotten a couple things hanging up outside so will bring that in next...shouldn't leave anything out there longer than necessary because we are getting yellow pollen from the trees.

Need to do some cleaning too. I better get busy here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:32 pm

Lunch break here.

DS12 worked out for 2.5 hours last night doing insanity and then lifting weights @ the gym. The extra exercise is showing up in the amount of food he wants today. Today at lunch DS12 asked "There are 5 pieces of chicken and only 4 people. Can I have 2 chicken breasts?"
"Can I have the extra potatoes?"
"Can I eat the leftover BBQ?"
"Does anyone else want the leftover Spaghetti and meatballs?"
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:35 pm

CI - on a break emptied one desk I want to paint the lo wer part of.
Day #2 of paperwork purge. Yea for that progress. However that room looks worse now. :roll:
I need to box up 2020 reciepts. It was easier to sort stuff this time yea! A good sign!
Decide where to paint the desk. I just want to do the lower part top is already the color I want it. :mrgreen:
(_)P Having a cup of sug. free cran. juice & sparkling soda water as I think on the deciisions.
One small shelf to move to the basement.
8-) sun is out!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:02 pm

Went to W allmart. Bought us a large 15 foot round pool I also bought a cover for the pool. It comes with a pump. Dh was sooooo happy. Even if this one isn't what we want or doesn't work, the pool cost less than $100, even though the price was different on the shelf. This was my plan ever since last summer when anything resembling a pool was sold out everywhere. I even considered getting one on A river. The different ads on there made me laugh though. Claiming that 6 adults could fit in a 45 inch pool. HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Before I left the store, I asked 1 of the cashiers with a yellow jacket (possibly supervisor) what the return policy was. If plastic shrink wrap from box is removed, it can't be returned to the store, it has to be returned to the company across the seas. I'm not sending a 35 pound box through the mail overseas.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”