Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 am

It's Wednesday! What's happening in our little village today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 am

I'm getting my first vaccine today! Was up earlier and feeling energized, even tho I went "down the rabbit hole" and stayed up too late last night. Might catch up with me later, I'm hoping I can hold off a nap and just go to bed and sleep a little earlier tonight.

It's sunny here and nice, and that's energizing too!

And we're getting the concrete poured tomorrow for the new screened porch and patio!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:27 am

Hi!

I stayed up much too late last night reading a Jack Reacher novel. The author is doing a readalong on FBook, so I thought I would go back and read it again.

Maids are coming today. I've done some tidying, but I still need to make the bed. The bed is now made.

After they leave, I need to go do some banking.

I think we are having fish and chips for supper. Dh also wants asparagus. Dh has changed his mind. Now he wants goulash and cabbage. Yuck! Goulash is a pasta based dish with meat sauce. Cabbage sounds gross with pasta. I will cook both, but I'm not eating them together.
Last edited by CathyS on Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:32 am

Good Morning!

The kids and I will go pick up DH from the auto repair place before we start school. DH is taking his old pickup to get the owies fixed and painted.

While we are out and about, I'm going to get the kids a breakfast that we don't normally do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:17 am

I’m waiting with dmom at the eye doctor for her post-surgery check-up.
Running on pretty much no sleep — maybe 3 hours? Up L A T E last night talking through nerves and depression with dh... see j&c...
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:32 am

Expecting to hear good news for your DMom, Lucylee.

DS-R & DDIL went for a walk around one of the bigger lakes in Lakeland. Asked dh if he wanted to go but he knows he can't make it round the lake with his COPD. DS just realized for the first time last night that dh has COPD. He noticed how breathless he was after carrying a chair from the back to the front porch. He's had it for many years now. But this time of year is really bad for him down here because of allergies. The pollen seems to be so heavy and hanging around a whole lot longer this year. Guess it's no later than usual but it may have started earlier.

We still had robins here yesterday. So unusual. Usually if we see them at all it's only for a day and it's been over a week now.

I need to get busy and get something done. I'm with Lucylee -barely any sleep last night. Maybe a tad over 4 hours. I'm feeling it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:31 pm

Mrs. Cranky Pants made an appearance this morning. She made me aware that I was three hours into my day without having any coffee. Note to self....quiet time with a cup of coffee is not only an early morning luxury that I enjoy, but it is also a requirement for my mental health.

We are home from our adventure and both kids are doing school. Actually, 3 kids if you count DGD10 who is on the screen working virtually at the same table as DD9.

FYI - if you are having problems with your Fitbit device, it appears that fitbit servers/website are having problems.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:54 pm

THANK YOU, LadyM, for the Fitbit info! I was so aggravated that it wasn’t logging my steps from yesterday — and I KNEW I was over 5000, so it was a good day. They were there when I went to bed, but gone this morning!

And yes, dmom got a good report and will go back in 2 weeks.

I’ve got to take a nap.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:21 pm

It appears fitbit servers are back up and going. I assume they will post a news release later to tell what happened.

I've asked DS12 to start texting me when he finishes an assignment. He likes to text and this will put a time stamp on how long it takes him. It really doesn't matter how long, but it is just a way to bring awareness to him about his lollygagging.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:35 pm

Told dgd about fitbit info. She has one.
I am lolly gaging need to s2s. X
Dgd is here doing pc home work, had to have her shut off the phone.
I am So glad I did desk duty yesterday!
I found a home for some Items brought that up and got thems ready to go some have left already.
Got the mail.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”