Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Thank you, Lady M. My F itbit as well was wonky this morning showing only 16 steps yesterday. I kept trying to sync it and that wasn't working either. I finally went to my Health site that syncs with it and it had my total steps for yesterday. Seems to be working ok now. Good to know it 'wasn't me'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:31 pm

I have nothing to report so far. I'm not doing well with getting up super early to try and get that appointment. I don't know how their site works. Do they take people randomly or do they take the first how many have checked in....though the site says not to come early and it isn't really working or updating until after 7:00, I wonder what's the criteria for people getting in. I'm there about 10 minutes before 7 and can't get in. Does that mean people who are there at 6 are getting in and later ones aren't? I sat there watching for an hour and a half. The majority of counties still had appointments to give out. Ours was done about 25 minutes in. :roll:

It does not do me any good to get tired and frustrated first thing in the morning. Seems to ruin my whole day.

Then I had a big conversation with DSiL about Easter... which was fine.... and then she and I got into a part of family history that is so dysfunctional and sad and hurtful and this certainly hasn't helped my mood. I didn't answer the phone the first time she called because I knew she'd call DH on his phone...but he's busy and I'm sure told her to call me... I didn't have a fight or anything with her, just a conversation, but it's upsetting to me to even discuss this stuff. I'm making a vow never to talk to her about this stuff ever again. It never solves anything.

I need to hang up a LOL and I need to go to the store to at least get a couple loaves of bread (somehow we got out without my noticing). That will be something done today anyway.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Dh and I took some used oil to the dump and someone we know is taking the rest of the used oil tonight or tomorrow.

Yet another supper change, but this is the last one for today. Smoked turkey casserole. It involves smoked turkey, cream of potato soup, cream of celery soup, (store had neither, so I am going to use 2 cream of chicken soups) 4 cups of dressing/stuffing to go on top, plus a couple of cups of cooked frozen vegetables. Mix the turkey, soups, some milk, the veggies and pepper all together, put it in a casserole dish, cover it with the cooked stuffing/dressing and stick it into the oven for 25 minutes. We've had this before and it's good. Campbell' s has it in one of their cookbooks. Dh wants asparagus with it. I'm also going to cook up the turnip and then mash it up. Sheesh... maybe I should make cranberry sauce... not.

I'm tired. Dh is laying on the bed reading.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:52 pm

(((Harmony))) You are doing well in a difficult situation. I wonder how many pharmacies near you are giving the c19 shots? That is the way most people here are getting their shots instead of using the state website.

We are still doing school. I've spent most of the lunchtime in the garden because the sunshine feels so good.

I'm frustrated for DS12. He has a new Tourettes tics where his fingers stiffen and separate (similar to the star trek finger sign). That makes it impossible to play the guitar when it happens. What to do? Years of going through this have shown us the new tics happen frequently for a few months then they gradually disappear. Although, a couple of the tics hasn't disappeared but are greatly reduced in frequency. So.......do we continue with his weekly guitar lessons even though it is near impossible to play when the finger tic happens? If we stop his lessons then DD9 will continue doing something that DS12 can't which is something we have to work through. We have a fair amount invested in the purchase of guitars and finding a good guitar teacher taking new students is rare. hum....... there is much to consider before the final decision is made.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:45 pm

Thanks LadyM. Gee I hope DS's tic goes away so he can continue on the guitar. Does it happen often? Maybe a shorter lesson would work and shorter practice time?

I did get to the store and this time they had bread. Sometimes they don't.

So far 1 pharmacy chain is doing the vaccines. Only 2 of their stores. Another chain says online they are doing it but there never is any to give out from the 1 that says they are. Sams says they are doing it but not around here. I asked at WM yesterday at the pharmacy when I was there. They are going to but have no idea when. Last 2 pharmacies: 1 is doing nursing homes and will be getting the J&J one we're not really interested in. The last 1 will do it sometime whenever...

I'm beginning to hate this whole thing.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Hi everyone. I am being driven crazy at payroll. Someone who is supposed to help me keeps telling me to do the same thing. In the last email, I THINK I have made it clear I have done part A of what he recommended a long time ago, have reasons not to do part B, and absolutely cannot simply rerun the query in its original form. Since it takes a snapshot, the numbers will change and then all kinds of stuff will hit the fan. ACK!!! Did I mention a boss 3 levels up from me promised it would be done Monday without asking us if it COULD be done? And did I mention that is not NEXT Monday, but Monday, March 1st? And he promised this miracle during the last week of February. Double ACK!!! Golly payroll sucks this week. I hae not been doing my AP challenge tasks in favor or working late.

LadyMaverick: I would ask the guitar teacher what to do and hope he has some tricks to get around the problem.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:07 pm

Dgd & I have been painting on a desk the 1st coat of the white it was a good for bonding.
I have picked up the yard again.

The day is not going how I thought it would turn out for me or dgd. Dd said she would pick up dgd at three, she did not, dgd did not have tights for gymnastics. So I am dropping dgd#3 off ar her dad's place, I have an appointment she will have to find other arrangements for transportation to her class or miss it.
Other #2 dgd was going to text me her address & did not yet.
Sigh. I did not get to the store I wanted to look at some personal items for me I need was hoping they would have in stock. Not on the web sight.

Update dgd found her tights, I dropped her off at class she had time to change.
Saw other dgd & their place.

Dd needs to pratice using sprayer so we may be painting the , inside of the shed and or rec. room.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:28 pm

We finished up school at 4:30. I washed DD9 hair and then she took a bath.

I helped prepare and serve the meal at church for the kids. It was super simple to assemble. We made 80 hot dogs (and ran out), ketchup, mustard packets, individual chip bags, and double stuff Oreos in individual bags. Drinks were a choice of lemonade or water. It was an easy to clean up & kid-pleaser type of meal. Next week's meal plan is pizza.

I'm home from church for 30 minutes. I'll return to pick up the kids. DH will drive the church van to deliver kids so he won't be home for an hour or so. I typically am teaching a class but they had plenty of help so I took the opportunity to have a few minutes by myself.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:45 pm

<SIGH> None of the higher ups is going to like my results. 22% of the data has no match. I could probably get a small fraction resolved, but with the conflicting data + unavailable data, these results suck. And tomorrow is my boss's day off, so I get to explain it all to HIS boss. I also get to put the results on a map. Pretty pictures cover a multitude of sins, but there is no way these results can be anything but sucky. Oh great happy joy. It is 8:42 pm, I am hungry and I hear a glass of wine or maybe a margarita calling my name.

Return to “Post When You Can”