Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:35 am

"One good thing about procrastination is that you always have something planned for tomorrow.”
- GB Stern

We have the anti procrastination challenge going but I've fallen off that wagon. Let's regroup and focus on the next week and a half to wrap up some more tasks!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:05 am

I like that d twins!!!

good morning to you!! good morning to everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:12 am

Well there's no hurry to get upstairs today so I can finish that case study. It's gone. I learned a lot along the way and validated my skills - that I could take 25 or so men with the surname White in a NE TN county, and figure out which one was the father of John, born 1828. For Lucylee, yes, John is the son of who I thought, but I had figured out that without a single record saying directly that John's father was Dan. I used a lot of reasoning and researching people around him and around the men who could be the father, ruling them out one by one. Identified John's brother and can associate them in records, can associate this brother with the father, right place at the right time, ruled out other men in the 1830 and 1840 census. But no record saying directly who John's father is. The tax record I found yesterday says that directly and it's strong evidence. Listed another John several lines below and "John son of Deborah" to distinguish between them. (A case study takes a research question and solves it. Since there's an unequivocal answer out there in records, my solution is moot.)

It does solidify my confidence but it's probably three to four solid months of researching and writing, that I was close to wrapping up, down the drain in terms of my portfolio. Dh asked last night what would happen if I never finished this, and I would be unhappy with myself. I want to finish this.

So I'm not sure what's on for today construction wise. We're supposed to have sheet rock people after lunch today - this is putting it back up, not the awful sanding. Dh and I are planning to either order out or eat out. They replaced the window in our breakfast area yesterday and it looks wonderful. I love having a window there that I can open too, the large window looking out doesn't open.

We are beginning to plan things to do again. We signed up last night for the preview party for the Arts festival here in April. Will see lots of friends there. We also have ATL friends coming here for a weekend end of April, and we got tickets in August for the Van Gogh exhibit in ATL. We have a week at the beach beginning 30 May, and another week beginning 27 June. And we made reservations in New Orleans for the wedding there end of Sept. The other wedding - the Nov wedding of the twin brother of the NO wedding - is off. They have broken up. This couple came within two weeks of getting married at end of last March and I have the perfect dress for it, if you remember dress shopping last year. :o I can't help but think that it was a blessing the wedding was postponed. The NO couple has already married legally - I assume there will be some kind of ceremony and a big big reception with the NO wedding parade this time.

Anyway, I need to do a lot of thinking on redirecting. I had decided to change another part of the portfolio based on not overlapping with this case study. I have a lot of research in this NE TN county but none that stands out to me as a research question. There's the danger of working a research question for the case study and never getting the answer also, so it's not useable.

After writing that thesis, the reason I went with anti procrastination today is that I'm not obsessed with the case study today. I'm not very motivated today however.

And I'm getting my second vaccination at noon!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:36 am

yay on getting your second shot today!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:38 am

trying to keep myself on track

breakfast eaten
wasted an hour but am now moving

dog exercise through play

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:48 am

Woke up just after 4 and had a very hard time getting back to sleep. Plus we had the pest control company coming at 9 a.m. and I had an alarm set for 8. Made the bed, tidied up, wiped the bathroom floor and had something to eat and got dressed and then the bug guy showed up.

Now I am done for the day, other than stitching.

No idea what we are having for supper. I saw a new-to-me recipe for deconstructed cabbage rolls on FBook, so I might make that and cook some perogies to go with it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:00 am

Good Morning!

My day is off to a good start. 37 SHE cards completed so far. I have the homeschool & charter school assignments set up and ready, but I haven't started school yet. Deciding our start time is one of the perks of doing school at home.

After several tries, I finally found the clock face that I like for my watch. There are hundreds of watch faces to choose from so it took me a while to narrow down exactly what I like. The watch face I choose is clean & simple with the time showing continuously in easy-to-read font/size and the other data only shows if I turn my wrist a certain way or tap the screen.

Next up -
** make cinnamon rolls for family breakfast
** micro food & water prepared for the day
** Menu plan for tomorrow decided - gather ingredients
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:56 am

Ci I am up slept well. Bs was up.
1st rx & bfast & qt & some journaling done

Waving to all!

Next up ex. gratitude journal
Make groc. List out.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:07 am

Morning..

It’s horse day for me!

Twins... I have reservations to see the Van Gogh exhibition in Aug as well. It’s Sweetie’s birthday present.

I understand the trials of researching the name White in E TN. I’ve been doing my sons fathers family and their last name is Smith :lol: However the paternal side of the family did me a favor and there are 6 generations of the males being named Wm Jackson Smith. The maternal side of the family is named French and they were some of the founders of K-Town.

Also my sons g-grandmothers maiden name was Smith and she married a Smith so she became a double Smith! In a strange twisted coincidence, my sons ancestor was buried in a small church in NJ not 8 miles from the home I grew up in and I pasted that cemetery all the time.

I was able to get every thing done yesterday. I started back working on my sons book and got a bit overwhelmed with additional ideas I had. Walked a way for a while and then decided not to over think everything thing and to just keep things simple. Perfection is my enemy!

I too am making travel arrangement. Talked to my BFF yesterday and we decided to spend part of a week on the SC coast. She lives in SC. I suggested Hilton Head but she has some better ideas so I told her I didn’t care where we went I just needed some beach time. Know I will be spending several weeks in Sept in the FT Myers area when my second g-child is born. I also will visit my mom once she gets all her vaccines and I have another weekend planned with my son.

Sweetie and I are going to take a road trip to see Norma and Mr Guy at some point in the near future. They live outside of Lake Tahoe. And once all my friends are completely vaccinated and feel comfortable about getting together I am going to have a Victory ...we survived... luncheon at my home!

Off to start my day... it sunny out but we are expecting 25-45 mph winds tomorrow.

Waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:43 pm

LadyM, I liked the Agent Maxim one or the holiday one (cute!). But I can't see me using one, too complicated. I have a pedometer I need to get going, need to read the instructions on how to set it up, it's just a step counter. Another Procrastination chore someday...

I've done my gardening for today and my daily chores. Need to jump in the shower and next up is to do some sewing. I've done more sewing this past month than I have in months.

Return to “Post When You Can”