Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello

hi d harmony yay on your dailies and garden!!!
hi d rose yay on horse day for you!!!
hi d Nancy yay on sleeping well
hi d lady yay on 37 SHE CARDS completed!!! do you have a list of your cards on our site?
hi d Cathy enjoy your stitching time
hi d twins sending you a lovely day and thank you for starting us
I too have been falling off the anti procrastination - it's frustrating me and I am thrilled you put this up on here.

I vacuumed the first floor
took care of cat stuff
right now I have a man taking care of the poop in the yard - I can't do that right now
He came this morning
I also hired the landscape company to put wood mulch out in back - I normally do that but I can't do it right now. They finished it this morning - the other day they did spring clean up. I am very grateful to them.
Tar jay made a delivery today.
(all this stuff is not cheap but I have to accept I can't do it).
counters, sink, stove, dishes in dw are clean (but need to be put away).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Well I have my second vaccination. Quick and easy. Now the clock is ticking on my two weeks!

And I realized I have a UTI. Burning, a little blood in the urine so emailed doc, and he is sending in a script for me. If not better by Friday I'll take in a sample. I hesitated to go on and get the vaccine but I'm not running a fever and I just hated to have to reschedule it. I hope it doesn't complicate matters. If I feel bad, I feel bad.

I'm considering passover options. We're going to friends house - just the four of us. I'm supposed to bring a kugel, which I assume is potato kugel. The wife of this couple is vegan so I've inquired as to whether she prefers vegan or eggs in the potato kugel. There are vegan potato kugel recipes, also recipes with other veggies in it. I think I'm asking dd to make extra charoset (this is an apple, walnut, honey, sweet mix) but I might just want to make it myself. My only other responsibility I think is taking horseradish, which I've already purchased.

Passover is Sat night.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi everyone! So far, no takers on the Dodge key fob. I don't want to throw out such an expensive item. I am not on craigslist and don't really trust it. I may post a notice in the neighborhood headed "Got a Dodge?"

I think getting together tax docs would be a good AP task. China cabinet repair would also be good. Tomorrow, I should know what my new take home pay will be. DD19 and the x are scheduled for their first covid shots Friday. DD tells me even afterward the x is not going to allow her to actually leave the house except to come here and to visit her grandmother (his mother) who has cancer. He is also telling her she needs a different major and insisting that she take her college electives in engineering. She wanted a music minor. Her idea was that if the vet school idea does not pan out, her pre-vet major (biochemistry) will still allow her to have gainful employment, so music classes would be ok. He thinks she should be an engineer. She has never wanted to be anything but a vet. He is not going to pay for any college unless she tries engineering classes. He is finally realizing that the corollary to the lack of vet schools in our state means that DD has to leave in 4 years. I have a coworker whose niece is a vet in Ireland under a program where they pay for vet school if you agree to stay a certain amount of time. DD thought that sounded exciting but her father is dead set against it. Her comment yesterday was, "If I go to Ireland, I could get away from him."

I am SO impatient! I found an RV club in Home City that does monthly campouts, $25 per year. I found a contact and she got back within a day and said she had forwarded my membership inquiry to the appropriate person. Still nothing from that person. It's spring break, they own an RV, I can figure out why they have not responded yet. It's still like waiting for Christmas as a child.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Sorry it’s not a Chevrolet, Elizabeth — ds recently had to replace his truck key fob. I believe it was $130.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Here I am, tweaking those habits...
Thanks for the push this week -- the topics have helped motivate me a little more, and I am happy to say TA DA --
* laundry is washing -- and --
* all three bathrooms have been s/s (this basically means, toilets s/s and dh's shower has had its weekly s/s with Magic Eraser.)

Bathroom # 3 is NEVER used unless we have houseguests, which is a VERY rare occurrence.
Bathroom #2, only toilet and sink are used.
Bathroom #1 is the master bathroom which is, it seems, constantly in use. But I spray my shower/tub with daily shower spray, and my intent is to do better cleaning when that zone comes along. The sink stays fairly clean with s/s as needed, so that just leaves toilet and dh's shower. I have learned that Mr. Clean is a miracle worker! If I take him ;) into the shower on a weekly basis, I just have to do one wall and the floor each time, and it takes less than 5 minutes and the soap/etc build-up NEVER gets overwhelming. IF, on the other hand, I skip a week or two... ugh... :roll:
So anyway -- that is done!

HABIT TWEAKING --
Today I changed my routine. DH always wants me to go to the post office with him so every day, it is tidy bed, floor exercise, s2s, basic personal-care morning routine -- Bible, breakfast, vitamins -- then off to the post office.
And every day, when we come home from the post office & any errands that we have to run, then I want to sit down with the newspaper and probably have a snack.
THAT is the kiss of death to my day! Once I sit down... well... the day is shot. Pretty soon something else is going to come along, phone call... dgrands school pick-up... something will happen and then... nothing else happens.
SOOOOO... today, as we came in the door I told myself: DO NOT SIT DOWN. DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE FIRST.
And now, the laundry is started and the bathrooms smell nice and I feel good about myself. :D

So I'm answering my own question from last night -- how to make weekly-type chores HABITS when they don't get done every day.
My answer will be to do SOMETHING for 15 minutes immediately after that post office run. DO NOT SIT DOWN until I've done 15 minutes of SOMETHING.

And now... I am doing the dgrands school pick up... bbl! * MAYBE *
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:54 pm

I had my meds till dinner.
back from store run.
Got carry out bc I had ice cream in the rig.
Got home just as it was just starting to sprinkle.
It is chilly out today. Snowing on top might explain that!
Excited found a book in the markdown by a fav. author.
Also marked down sweatpants needed them.
Got dog's anti - tick stuff.
Use my new cc they could not take a payment yet till that went through.
Waljed
Oh lucy I need to adopt that idea! Love it.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:41 pm

Sitting down for a cup of hot tea and a nice thick slice of banana bread.

We are going to have bacon, eggs and toast for supper. Probably fried onions with fried, sliced potatoes from a can. Dh and I both like the canned potatoes for this. They are already sliced and ready to go.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:42 pm

ds recently had to replace his truck key fob. I believe it was $130.
I would have LOVED $130 for dsonil's key fob that dh lost, Lucylee. It's well over $500 for the Fob and programming. My tummy's still in knots over it. Gave dd $1,000 yesterday to cover that and a contribution toward a new range for their kitchen remodel.

DD and dh have gone to L owe's. She bought Bisqueen to cover yard sale tables. When she opened it, it was a huge mispackage! It's in shreds and not nearly what was supposed to be in the box. Then they're going to pick up pizza for supper. They've had a very busy day. They plus dsonil drove 2 vehicles & a trailer over to Dbil's this morning early to load up stuff that was still there. Brought it home & unloaded. DD then went to get her hair cut & colored and made a stop at K ohl's to return the key fobs we'd bought from A river (they didn't work for dsonil's VW). When she got home dh & dd went back to dbil's with the trailer & loaded up again. Brought that home and unloaded. Then they've been out there setting up for the sale (takes place Thurs, Fri, Sat).

I JUST got notice from S west air lines that my flight in June has been changed. No surprise there! I was supposed to leave Tampa at 10:45am on the 5th and get to Rochester at 1:25. Now it's changed to 1pm, arriving at 3:40. Wonder who's going to pick me up now. Dh will be otherwise occupied at that time. Maybe DS-R or DDIL will pick me up. Who knows if it even will be the final change. I keep watching for a comparable flight out of Orlando that day. We'll see. Know dd has to attend graduation at the high school on the 4th. Earliest she can leave for NY is the 6th, depending on N H L playoffs. Also depends a lot on what happens with dsonil after he goes to the Dr. next Friday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:15 pm

I may be wrong, Dee, but I think that’s what he said.

School is dismissing early tomorrow bc of the expected storms. I’ll pick up dgrands and let ddil sleep. She has called to thank me for today and tomorrow. Dgrands were very good today — played outside all afternoon. We did havdd ER to tell Dgd, “There’s no crying in baseball!” (She didn’t like it when dgs told her she was “out.”)

One more load of laundry (only 2 items) and I am done! This has been a good day.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:27 pm

I spent time today making plans for tomorrow. After we do 3-4 hours of mandatory school work then we are taking a day trip. I have mapped out 8 places we are going to visit. Four of them are historical sites, two are food places, and two are shopping. It feels strange to be doing things like this again. When I told the kids what we were going to do tomorrow, DS12 said "This is the kind of things we used to do before c19! We finally get to do them again!"

DH and the kids went to church. I stayed home. I really wanted a break and the two hours of quietness and being alone at home won over attending church.

Twins - the books you recommended were well received by DD9. Thank you! She spent all afternoon reading them. She seems even more confident now. After reading the books she packed her backpack with clothing items and supplies that she might need when away from the house. I see a nine year old girl when I look at her but she is acting wiser than her age. She is coping well with the life change that has happened to her this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”