Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:12 am

No inspiration today, just rain. PWYC.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Lynlee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:30 am

day 2 of sunshine here today.
appointment - so I got to walk outside a few times, down town for a couple of things, and bring the bins in at the end of it.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:39 am

Hi!

We had quite the storm here last night with an amazing light show! It's windy and sunny here today.

I keep trying to get out the door and go to W mart. With the numbers going up, my anxiety about going out in public is going up. Whether I actually get out of the house today is still to be seen.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:07 am

I'm not sure what I felt yesterday but I was just all over the place. Between the UTI, vaccine, dd coming over to hang around, construction, and rethinking the genealogy case study, I was all over. Last night dh wanted to go to Home Depot to look at tiles for the fireplace. I have no idea what I want and I'm scared to death to make a decision. Predictably, he ended up unhappy with me. Dd called again to talk while we were at HD and I just needed some "quiet."

DD has a third interview for a job out of town and she was panicking about interviewing again. First was a "screening" interview, the second was earlier this week and the interviewer told her she interviewed very well. So dh and I got home from HD, we talked some more.

I was just worn out with people and stuff last night and I can't say I feel better today. We have rain and strong storms all day and into the evening, probably like Lucylee.

While trying to write this, Muffin keeps flitting about. Another thing/person for me to answer to. I'm kind of at the end of my rope right now.

LadyM, glad the books were good for dd. I think I did the same for my dd. It's one of those things that sometimes you approach obliquely, not straight on. As I recall your dd likes to read, and she can read and digest privately.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 am

Today it is raining here too it is my first year ann. Of single life. I have learned so much!
Got cheese cake one slice for the occasion.

Got a gismo for filling coffee pod cups it is not all it is cracked up to be,
But I got inspired to try a funnel and may make one out of a water bottle.

Looking ahead.
I am also inspired to think about a camper mini bus conversion.
My granddaughter is taking welding in school.
I think I need to talk to her.

Today is my writing day.
Dishes need attn.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:01 am

Storms here today.
I was planning on having both dgrands all afternoon, but ddil sent me a text to say they had moved everything up an hour — so ddil is getting Dgd at 10 and keeping her; I’ll get dgs at 11 and keep him.
Of course, if they put us under a tornado warning, we will all go to ddil’s where there is a basement.

DH couldn’t sleep so now I can’t sleep!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:07 am

I think my game plan is to putter around the house today. I think it will be calming to do some things to make the house look and feel better, despite the Gr room being walled off and the prospect of a lot more dust.

I walked the dog in the rain, talked to a neighbor also walking a dog, and another couple that walks daily, both with umbrellas. Rain is harder now with some thunder so I gave the ddog 1/2 a trazadone. Schools here have announced they're dismissing early today.

I'm still all over the place. I juggled the eggs while putting them away and broke 3 on the floor. Muffin helped with clean up. Also did a quick refrigerator purge while eggs cooked but lost the black beans that I took out of the refrigerator to eat with the eggs. (How does one do that? I need to check garbage can, did they go there with purged items? My brain at work.)

On to the rest of a.m. routine...Look, there's a squirrel!

Thinking about you Lucylee, I was just saying that when I grew up we didn't have tornados here, they were all in Alabama. Now we've had several over the past few years and it's discomforting. We don't have a basement or crawl space. I think I'd go in the laundry room, no windows there, or the closet under the stairwell.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:33 am

DD & DH are doing a yard sale and I'm helping intermittently. I just perused what was out there and brought in a set of 4 small sauce dishes. That was it. Have added to the pile. Some interesting stuff out there. DSonil's dMom certainly bought everything & anything. The guy who picked up the POD and moved it to DBIL's said, "It's the heaviest pod I've ever transported!" Just to tell you how full it was. Oh good, I see somebody just bought the higher chairs that dd had for the back of her counter. Also DD brought in a shredder like I was going to order for our RV up north. Says it works fine & she'll bring it. Just saved us a lot of $$.

DD will be redoing her kitchen soon and that means taking down/out all the cupboards. A gal from down the street was talking with dd and said she thinks her DSon just might want the kitchen cabinets they're taking out. She might be able to make a deal with him if he wants to demo them and take them for free. That'll also the cut the cost of the estimate for the entire job, plus the workers probably wouldn't be that careful with them.

Of course I thought of all sorts of things during the night that I have to do to get dh ready to go north. Can't think of any of them now! :cry: Just thought of 2 of them: printing out dh's boarding pass & filling out online his travel/tracking voucher for NY State. That will save him having to do it when he gets to the Rochester airport. There's a possible $2,000 fine for not filling it out before you leave an airport. And it would be just our luck........ I was glad to have found it on the airline site so it's one less thing dh will have to do when he gets up there. As it is, DS-A is picking him up and they're driving right to DGS8's last hockey game of the season. Dh is glad he'll be able to see at least one.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 am

Good morning. I am sitting here at the dining room table just finishing my morning cuppa. I've been awake since 5:30 a.m.; just couldn't get back to sleep. I read for a little while then got up when my alarm sounded at 7:45 a.m. We had rain yesterday and it was very foggy this morning, quite overcast right now, but 57*.

I brought my laundry down and put in the washer before I fixed breakfast. I just heard the chimes playing, now I can switch clothes to the dryer.

Thanks, Lucy. It's a good feeling to be able to look in and post here!

Elizabeth, I have a 2015 Dodge Journey, if you still have the key fob!

Along with putting my clean clothes away since it is so close to the weekend I think I will run the sweeper in my room and run the duster over my furniture today. The country store where ddil buys bacon in 10 lb. bulk packages has it on sale this weekend again and she probably will go to stock up again. I may go along for the ride.

I also have a couple of things I want to look up online. There is no real hurry, but it's something I could get done.

(((Hugs))) Nancy. You have done so much in this past year. And yes, it is a learning experience. My one year is coming up soon, too!

Keep safe, Twins and Lucy!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:49 am

Morning...

Just a quickie for the moment.

Twins... under your steps would be the best place to go because it’s probably the strongest structure in your home due to how stairs are built.

Nancy... what an amazing woman you have been during this past year!

Prayers y’all stay safe during these storms. My son is up against them as well with hail.

Poof!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”