Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:58 pm

A male friend, one-half of a couple we are friends with came by to look at whether the plug for the TV over the mantle is going to be too high. He thinks it is, and will report back to dh. He also things the TV may end up being pretty high for the room, since dh wanted a raised hearth too. :roll: But he did suggest we go to a tile store and a fireplace insert store, to look at their tile inserts and decide on what type of tile and what look we want. So he's reporting back to dh about the height of the plug.

I got through all of those jobs, plus eating some lunch.

This time:

-vacuum starting at the rug in the DR back into the kitchen, the breakfast area (what I can get to) and hallway that goes from garage to MBR
-ointment in ddogs's ears
-clean stove top
-15 min of straightening in my work area upstairs
-move towels over and fold laundry in dryer

Carryforward list for later?
-respond to email from Hawkins Co archive
-get rid of paper
-filing, just a few papers
-take out kitchen trash, but finish vacuuming first

Geeze, we have seven warnings from Nat'l weather svc right now. Five are flood warnings for flash flooding, river flooding, or creeks. One is a wind advisory and the other is the "special weather stmt" about threatening weather in general.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Got through that, but didn't go upstairs, I vacuumed the MBR and took care of check and email to the archive so it can go in the mail tomorrow.

This time:
-upstairs 15 min. Ugh. I don't want to.
-vacuum the front hallway, empty the canister and put it away.
-take out kitchen trash
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper by my computer
-empty the dishwasher

Just realized that I went ahead and did some of the other stuff on the carryforward list. So this round will take care of that list.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Ha! That bit of wisdom from yesterday? About how I was going to tweak my weekly habits? Well — y’all know what they say about the best laid plans.
School pick up moved to an hour earlier.
Ddil got Dgd and I’ve only had dgs. We’ve done nothing but eat pizza, watch cartoons, played on the phone (him) and napped (me).

So far, the dangerous storms are staying out of our county.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:44 pm

hello d Lucy
hello d twins
hello d Cathy
hello d Kally

hello d everyone.

working through my daily cards is taking so long.
it seems like I can't seem to do more than a few things.

Heading to do laundry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:57 pm

it seems like I can't seem to do more than a few things.

I can't focus bw2, that's why I'm trying for only five at a time.

Have done the rest :roll: going upstairs now.

Lucylee, tornado watches in some counties west of here. So far just T storms here. I heard last night that Jim Cantore (weather channel) was in Birmingham.

Where has LadyM been today?

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:27 pm

Goodness, I saw pictures of the storm damage in Alabama and I came back to see how all our Southern gals are...glad to hear from you that all is well so far. We are going to be stuffy and hot in the days ahead...that's what we get from your storm... and we need rain very badly.

I've been working on my sewing, and I've just taken another pair of work shorts back to be mended. The sewing seems never ending recently. A letter from DCousin came and I stopped to answer that. My letter I sent 3/2 or 3/3 went missing and she never received it. That was about the time my Credit Card statement went missing too. I wonder what's going on with the mail?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:47 pm

We're not through it yet, Harmony. Looks like we have a break after 8 p.m., then another round midnight to one a.m. Makes for restless sleep.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:18 pm

We had a wonderful day today. It was the perfect type of day trip for us and everyone gave it a double thumbs-up rating. I can't wait to start planning another similar type of trip.

We left this morning as soon as DD9 completed her mandatory daily school assignments. While she was working on those, I teamed up with DS12 to work on his math lessons. His attention span was at about 2 seconds but we were able to accomplish an hour together by using all the tricks & tips that work for him.

Our day trip included 5 historical stops so we are counting them as our school for today.

I haven't updated SHE cards today. I need to do that so I can become aware of what I am forgetting to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:21 pm

My sis said she was okay.
I walked the dog.
Moved one pile of small branches out oif the back part of the yard.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 pm

I took DS12 to Insanity workout. They will go to the gym and lift weights afterward. It will be another 9:30-10pm night for me before I can change into PJ's. I am thankful DS12 is getting to do the workout with friends, but acknowledge that I will also be thankful when the end of the 2-month course happens.

Random observation from today's trip. We went to 5 different cities and were inside multiple businesses. I only saw one person wearing a mask today. He was wearing an army uniform so I assume he is required to wear a mask when he is wearing a military uniform. He was with what appeared to be his wife and kids and none of them were wearing masks. I did have random moments of panic when c19 thoughts happened several times. However, those random moments of panic passed as I continue to get used to returning to "normal".
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”