Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
MysteryWoman

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby MysteryWoman » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:55 pm

Good evening!

Almost posted earlier in the day, but then DC informed me that I'd gotten the days mixed up and we needed to leave in 5 min to get them to class! Now, I have to keep this brief, as I've got a Zoom lecture in about 15 minutes. Should be good: "'Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted': Depression, Anxiety and Pain on the Path of an Incarnational Spirituality." It'll be interesting to hear someone who can be articulate about such. When I try to tease out the relationship between my mental illness and my spiritual life, I just get tangled.

Glad everyone is safe from the weather so far. We are supposed to have high winds here from about 11 tonight till noon tomorrow.

Finally made the broccoli cheese soup that I've been planning to make for dinner for about a week now. Still haven't finished putting in a grocery order, though, and we're running out of stuff. Did make a dentist appointment to get a crown put on the tooth that had the root canal last week.

It's almost that time, so I should be going. Have a good evening, all (and a good morning, lynlee), and stay safe! Glad you got your cheesecake, Nancy. That was a good thing.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:40 pm

I did 3 days worth of dishes.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:07 pm

Thankfully, the weather has been nothing but rain and a little bit of thunder here. Looks the last tornado watch (for us) is about to be cancelled. There were 5 deaths in the state, so I don’t mean to minimize the seriousness of weather threats, but everything has been fine in my area.
Looks like lots of flooding in various areas — watching the 10:00 pm news now.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Extraordinary rain today. Dd41's family are expecting it to be bad there through the night. I know dstepson is discouraged because there's been so much rain already, and it pushes his timetable for his house back so much.

We never see anyone without a mask on here. This morning dd and I rode out and ended up waiting in bank and pharmacy lines that allowed us to people-watch a couple shopping areas. (Or at least that's how I'm going to think of it, rather than being kept waiting, lol) We saw one man without a mask and he stopped short at a door he was going in and pulled one from his pocket. Of course yesterday we saw so many more people and no one without a mask, but then the vaccine was the purpose for most.

Nancy, it is hard to believe it has been a year. You have done so well.

Cathy, sorry you are having that anxiety but I completely understand it. Looking forward to a time it won't be a problem.

Lynlee, talking a walk sounds so smart. I would be taking a swim, though! (drip, drip, slosh)

How was your lecture, Mystery?

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 am

Harriet beach swims are discouraged until the river outflow pollution has subsided.
besides - I'm not up for the effort of getting there, carting towels and everything, not being able to stow my things safely while in the water, memories of a rip, need I go on?

Today has been about getting the laundry done, and bed changed.

Prayers for everyone's safety with weather there, and covid diminishing there.
Here in Qld covid has one case appeared out of the blue, with 68 cases currently in quarantine. A lot from PNG.
Genomic testing happening on the bris case to see where its related to.
So far no state boarders are slammed shut, though many still need permits/registration to cross.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”