Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:53 pm

Being Cancer free or recovering and being absolutely clear is such a good thing! It doesn't just affect the person with it or waiting for results. It affects the family. The parents, the spouse, the children, the brothers and sisters.

Sink is full with stuff soaking. Dishwasher is almost full. I can wait to run it until after 6 p.m. tonight.

Dh is possibly finished work for the day. (She says as dh answers the door and then goes outside with a customer that isn't on the schedule.)

TIRE SEASON IS HERE!! April 1st is in the very near future. Insurance companies say you can change your tires if you have summers and winters. Make an appointment so you won't have to sit in a tire shop for more than an hour.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm

Turning off screens & doing rounds.
Usually works for me.
Got the smaller limbs off the grass yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 pm

I feel like a weight has been lifted!
thank you thank you!

hi d Nancy
hi d Cathy
hi d harmony
hi d lady
hi d rose
hi d dee
hi d twins
hi d Lucy
hi DEAR ALL!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:28 pm

Waving! How is every one?
CI -
lunch x
laundry in dryer x

Update on Nancy's Logging.
I have done a couple rounds of branch moving and am almost to the half way point yea!
Got the branches to the front side yard & cleared a path and got the area in front oif the gate as well.
This phase is great progress! Next is getting them moved off the grass. Taking a breather now may e to orriw.
After the rain yesterday 42 % humidity is not so ething I am used to.

Did stat bike today.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm

I bought some last night and took my first pill today. It’s called Xyzal. I’ll let you know how it works.
Please do let us know, RR. Dh takes the equivalent of C laritin right now but he really needs something more during high allergy season(s). Dr (GP) has him taking one in the morning and one in the evening right now. I've cut him back to 1 a day once he gets up north until allergy season starts up there -then back to the 2 (at least until the first frost).

Blessed, glad to hear DD's news and hope for her to feel whole once again very soon.

Dh put a roast in the smoker this morning and it smells delicious.

Dsonil wanted me to go with him to the VW dealer Tuesday morning to leave the Bug. But I have a hair appointment at 11 so it won't work. We have to leave the car. Think dd decided she and I can leave it Wednesday night. Think the only other time I absolutely need it is on the 6th when I go to get my second vaccine. Might possibly go to a grocery store here 'n there in the next 2 months. I'm anxious to get back to having our own car. I've put quite a bit of $$ into our savings account up home (this particular one pays an Owner's Dividend at least once a year & considerably more than interest so it's better in there.) The hope is to buy a new car maybe this Fall.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:05 pm

RR, I have taken Xyzal. I take that, or zyrtec every night. I use one bottle, then the other, hoping that changing them out makes them more effective. Of course, I also take Singulair for sinuses and do a nose spray as needed.

I finally got myself out for groceries. I needed things for some Passover cooking for tomorrow night. I'm making charoset (chopped apples, walnut, honey, cinnamon) a potato kugel and a gelfilte fish appetizer. Oh, and a salad too. I ended up having to go to a second store to get matzah meal, then dh pointed out that we had some at home. And I couldn't find potato starch but when I got home checked in with the friend we'll be with tomorrow night, and she has some and will drop it off.

Contractor was by here this afternoon, talking over some things. I got info from him for someone to talk to re: choosing tile for around the fireplace insert.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Blessed - That is fantastic news! I am happy for you and your family.

changing them out makes them more effective.

That's what our doctor told DH to do. He takes both prescription and OTC allergy meds. He doesn't take the same allergy meds two years in a row.

I spent the afternoon with my siblings. I am greatly relieved to have almost everything done with DParents estate, papers and photos. We closed DMom's checking account today and have taken care of dispersing that too. We spent hours sorting through tubs & boxes of papers & photos. So much documentation. I thought of those who are interested in genealogy and know what we went through would be considered a treasure trove of past generations. We have a cousin that is going to come to look through it and capture the information for that purpose. The only thing left to take care of are some mineral rights to several pieces of land that we aren't sure about. I have brought that paperwork home to try and find the answer about those. This is an oil/gas region so mineral rights are usually more valuable than owning the land. I just want to get all the i's dotted and the T's crossed and be done with it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:44 pm

So glad to hear the good news from blessed’s dd!!!

Here — about the same. I vacuumed the study. That’s the room with the ceiling falling in, remember? We HAVE TO call The Man on this... sigh. Every time we get a big rain, we lose some Sheetrock from the ceiling. It’s ridiculous that we haven’t taken care of it.

I think I have the virus DH snd ds have had. I hurt all over. But... we are headed out to dgs’ first baseball game. Wish us luck. ;)
Dgd plans to come home with us.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Lucylee, do you think you're feeling bad from the shot?

I had a long nap this afternoon. I just did a big pupa and ran the dishwasher. I worked on that quilt and got all the machine sewing done, just some hand sewing left to do. I tried to mend a pair of work shorts but they were really too far gone. I managed to save some of the good material for patches. I didn't have any that weight or color so it's not a complete loss. I think it's time to get some more work clothes for him.

Well that's about all here. I just hang out and enjoy myself when I have the house alone for a while.

LadyM, you could go dig an oil well or two!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:27 pm

Harmony, I don’t think this is from the shot, because it has been 5 days since I had it, and DH and ds have both had some kind of 24-jr bug, it seems — and ds hasn’t had the Covid shot. I actually felt better after the game, maybe bc we won? LOL — dgs got to play a lot in right field and batted once, got a hit and scored a run. He was so excited!

They play again at 9:00 in the morning! Eeek — that is EARLY for us!

Dgd backed out on spending the night. She just isn’t feeling well — her knee is bothering her and they cannot find a “specialty” pharmacy to fill the Humera. Insurance approved it, but CVS (which filled it on the Medicaid insurance before) does not fill it for BCBS. It is a ridiculous situation. I think her rheumatologist is going to try something else — possibly prednisone? I think that’s what ddil said but I could be mistaken! Anyway, it’s really bothering Dgd and I pray they get this worked out soon.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”