Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
MysteryWoman

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Good afternoon (in my time zone, anyway; it's still morning for many of you, so maybe I'll just pretend it still is here. ;) )!

Drawing things from a list at random did get me moving yesterday and got a whole section of the living room looking much better, so I may have to do the same today, only I'll have to make sure to add working on the grocery order to the list. I did at least dig things out to where I have the menu cards that I want to use for this list.

Harriet had asked about Thursday's lecture: It was good, but I'm really looking forward to the transcript; it kind of bounced around. It didn't really talk about depression as much as I'd hoped. It drew from all sorts of traditions. With my own scattered brain, it was hard to keep up.

Lucylee, might contacting the drug manufacturer help?

Dee, time flies that your DH is headed back north already. I'm sure it will fly between now and the time you yourself head back.

Well, my DH is home from his morning working with the Scouts, so I will put my nose to the grindstone. See you! Happy Passover, Twins!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:15 pm

waving!

d twins I hope your evening at d friends is fun and relaxing. fast clean up of the kitchen to you!!!

hello d rose!

hello d lady!

hi mystery !
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:23 pm

I'm about to start round two of cooking, this is the potato kugel. Wish I had thought to look for a recipe with frozen shredded potatoes, as dh does for latkes. I'm going to try the shredder blade on my food processor - first time I've ever tried to shred with it. I have a smaller food processor that I use almost exclusively.

We may have round two of weather tonight while we're out.

I'm worried about dMuff but I don't think she needs to get to emergency vet. But she urinated in our great room overnight instead of getting us up, and she doesn't seem to have much energy today. She did walk around the block this a.m., but she didn't even hang out under my feet while I was cooking earlier.

I napped a bit. I was just feeling worn out. Wonder if it's possible to have a reaction to the vaccination three days after I got it (Wednesday)? I suspect it's just late night and feeling a little out of sorts.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:38 pm

Twins, think Muffin has a UTI? Incidentally, since I've been taking 2 DMannose every day I haven't had a recurrence. I hated to add it to my supplements every day but I was getting them much too often. I've read people give it to pets also. I'd check with a vet first before I did that, but that's what I read.

Lucylee, more Rx suggestions: check on the GoodRx price, it might be cheaper and accepted by the pharmacy...although sometimes newer name brands are no savings.... and if you have them you could also check a Canadian Pharmacy. I have never used them but they're legal in our state and DFriend uses it for her odd BP medicine. She claims she saves a couple hundred/month.

I hit the ground running today and I'm a bit overwhelmed but am slogging through a very long list of stuff to get done. I had watered outside and was back from supermarket and had everything put away before noon today. I've changed a bed, sheets ready to hang up now; another LOL washed and outside drying. I've made a pot of chicken broth. Got some Easter cards in the mail. Did my a-p for today. I need to take a break but I'm afraid if I do I'll never get started again.

Twins, I hope you enjoy your days of passover. Especially all that good food you're making.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Wonder if it's possible to have a reaction to the vaccination three days after I got it (Wednesday)
Absolutely, Twins! That's when most reactions hit in full or thereabouts. I always get some reaction a few days AFTER I get my flu shot. This time with the vaccine it was several days after that I began to itch like crazy (my upper arm at any rate). My upper arm is coated with little scabbing where I itched obviously. And the tiredness -definitely. Dh got his 2nd yesterday and said he's very tired today, plus he was itching all night. Sent him home with a roll on of cortizone. Think we may have some calamine lotion up there too -somewhere. Chances are it's not in the RV but in a store room in the rec hall -where it doesn't freeze. I'm sure part of his being so tired, though partially vaccine, is because of little sleep and doing all the yard sale stuff since Wednesday.

Speaking of the yard sale. DD said she'd hoped to make enough this weekend to cover her new kitchen/dining/laundry room flooring. She made a $1 more this week than what her flooring is estimated to cost. So between the sale here and the one at dbil's house she made over $2,000. But she's very happy to have it done with. Now to organize the garage to make room for the contractors who are doing the remodel.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi!

Dh had his favourite chicken hearts and gizzards for supper. He finished it before I even got back from my friend's house. I actually went to "knitting" today. I also went grocery shopping by myself and then I went antiquing. I saw some things I might have bought, but I ended up having an overwhelming desire to get out of the building at one point, so I left. The lay out of the stuff was just a bit crowded and there was too much stuff to look at. I'm sure I'll go back but today I just had to get outside.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Fire pit duty done!
Saw the neighbor head out with a walking pole this morning glad to see that!
Made dinner.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:10 pm

Harmony, I, too, am on a round of D-Mannose right now, not because of anything "concrete" but pure suspicion. I think even the suspicion is over, though. I know what you mean about hating to add things to one's routine.

Twins' there is a cheerful essay online right now by Allison Hope, Lessons from Bubbe for this pandemic Passover, carried by several of the health sections of online news sites. The concept is the "first" that readers are (probably) now experiencing, of learning the lessons of plagues, while living in a time of actual plague.

There's a cat climbing my shirt. I've neglected a snack.

Return to “Post When You Can”