Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:24 am

The village is open, post when you can!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:07 am

Good Morning!

I woke up without an alarm, did my personal AM cards, and then received my reward. It's a good day so far!

Today's activities are few -
** 11am guitar lessons for both kids
** 5pm - 11pm DS12 working at a wedding venue. He is excited about doing this.

On the menu for today is Chicken & Noodles. That meal is in the family's top 10 favorites. I don't eat much pasta so I'm going to make myself a pot of protein & vegetable soup. That is in my top 10 favorite meals. Win-Win!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:10 am

I am T.I.R.E.D. this morning. I don't think it's a delayed effect of vaccination but just tired. Dh asked late yesterday afternoon about having friends over for wine on the porch last night. It was nice out out, so he did. I think I'm probably a little over socialized and maybe not enough sleep. They stayed until 10:45 - late for us, and I was wearing sandals and couldn't warm up when I got in bed so I couldn't get to sleep for awhile. I was sleeping hard when dh woke me up before 8 to remind me that I have cooking to do today.

I decided last night on the fly to accept dd's offer of charoset - the apple/nuts/sweet mix in return for making extra potato kugel and gelfilte fish for her. So that's one thing less I have to do today, although now I have extra apples and sweet wine. It's good for her to do something for us in return too.

So right now I'm not looking forward to more socialization tonight for Passover, but I keep reminding myself that I got through all those tax season years when I was tired and didn't even want to take off work anyway.

On to making gelfilte fish.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:23 am

Thinking of you as you commemorate Passover (Sunset today through April 4th for anyone who wants to know), Twins.

Didn't sleep too well last night. Knew we had to be up early. Actually I slept sound the last hour or so before the alarm was to sound at 4:38am. Heard dh at 4:34 and woke up and got up for the next half hour or so. Dsonil took dh to the Orlando airport. They actually took off 2 minutes early but they're due in Rochester 25 minutes early. Texted DS-A to let him know dh would be there earlier than anticipated. That's probably a good thing. They're going right from the airport to a Rochester ice rink for DGS8's last hockey game of the season (at 1pm). Sure they have to be there by noon so this works well. It probably will take less than 1/2 hour to get there from the airport. Sad to see dh leave but I know it'll be much better for him allergy wise. He's been having a very difficult time breathing here.

DD's finishing up her last day of the yard sale. When she's done, she's just boxing things up and calling a company to come pick it all up and be done with it.

Just put dh's blanket and a throw in the washer. I'll probably do a load of darks tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:26 am

It's not just a Saturday, Twins'! Not if you are on to gelfilte fish. Have a meaningful start to Passover.

Happiness for blessed's dd's news.

We're back from a grocery pickup. Dd leaves tomorrow for her sister's.

Hope dh enjoys the ice rink, Dee.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:35 am

I have slept well dreamed of puppies in a basket like fuzzy bunnies.
I have ice cream in honor of late hubby's bday.
Moved a pile of branches.
Cut limbs up.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:47 am

hello d Nancy, hello d harriet, hello d dee, hello d twins!
hope that your cooking is easy - your company is sweet and gives you energy and joy! it's lovely that your dd is cooking for you as well - hope this correct: "chag kasher v'same'ach"
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:04 am

Thank you friends for the Passover greetings. I have the gelfilte fish in the oven in three smaller containers. We're not entertaining at home, bw2, but going to friends where there will only be four of us. There's extra for us to keep and for dd's friends, she doesn't like fish much. Now to clean up from that round. I'm never happy with this newer food processer I have. I use it rarely but I think the carrots were pureed while the onions weren't getting chopped up. Whatever. It always tastes good.

Thanks for the greetings, too, bw2. We aren't really observant re: Passover. We eat the traditional foods tonight, mostly prepared kosher for Passover (a whole different level of kosher) but tomorrow we'll be eating our normal foods. I have extra matzah for dh to make matzabrei, kind of a a matzah french toast.

I didn't get to out neighborhood Easter egg hunt this a.m., looks like they got it in before the rains come in.

I'm going to clean up the kitchen and regroup.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:56 am

Morning...

Dee... I didn’t find any difference between the new allergy meds and the others you can buy OTC. I’m taking the generic form of Claritin D today as I still have nasty mucus and had a sinus headache all day yesterday. Ended up taking half of a pain and migraine meds last night.

Couldn’t go to sleep again last night... third night in row. Thursday night I didn’t fall asleep till 3:00am in the morning. I suspect I’m low in my serotonin. Will try some melotoin tonight and if that doesn’t work will go back on my Zoloft. I hate taking it because it effects my weight, but I do miss my sleep.

It’s starting to feel like spring around here with temps climbing into the mid-80’s. My sunnies will be happy.

Yesterday I went to staples to talk to a gal who is helping me with my sons book. Her suggestions and information has helped to easy my perfection. I also bought inexpensive t-shirt to replace the ones I have from last year. That lead me to start working on my closet last night. So now I have that to do. Usually I donate things I haven’t worn in two seasons, but this year surely doesn’t count.

And though the governor has lifted the mandatory mask thing, none of the stores I went into had.

We are going to the car show this afternoon. It’s starting earlier now and Sweetie wants to go. That means I need to dig around in my summer clothes for something to wear as I will be way too hot in a pair of jeans. I do have a cooked chicken in the fridge so I don’t need to worry about dinner.

It looks like the country club we used to go to with Norma and Mr guy is now open again. We usually went there for Easter Dinner so I need to call today and make a reservation. We always enjoy eating there so I’m looking forwards to that.

Off to start my day... my sunnies need watering and I need to find something to wear. Also want to get some exercise in. I had panned on dusting and vacuuming but will have to put it off till tomorrow.

Waving to y’all... enjoy your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Chicken & Noodles, garlic bread, and a big pot of my favorite kind of soup made and ready. The table is set. I am waiting for DH and the kids to arrive home from guitar lessons.

DBro is very happy with Advil PM for the nights he struggles to sleep. He is going through some difficult moments in his life and he says taking this makes him "sleep like a baby and wake up without grogginess". DBro doesn't take any medication so I suspect it is fairly mild OTC meds. I've never tried it but I would if I needed it.

I'm looking for a recommendation for (or against) a wall-mounted battery vacuum cleaner. Does anyone have experiences with those? We have 3 dogs and 2 females in the house which means = lots of hair. I'm wondering if there is a vacuum that can handle that. I have tripped over the cord on our vacuum and would like to go cordless. maybe. Not sure. OR I could just slow down and pay more attention to where the cord it....

41 SHE cards completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”