What kind of Sunday are you having?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

What kind of Sunday are you having?

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:16 am

Is it serene? Noisy and busy? Sunny or rainy?

It's raining here. We have a somewhat busy day, with a friend coming by for his tire change. The another friend is coming by to tell dh how to trim some stuff. After noon a cistern repair person is supposed to be coming to see what we need. Our cistern needs cleaning for sure, but it might also need repairs.

Dh has requested Shepherd's Pie for supper. One of us needs to go buy potatoes.

I was sitting here feeling a bit bored because all of the dishes are done and all clean laundry is away, so I cleared and then cleaned pantry shelves. We have the 6 shelf chrome racks from Costc o, and 1 entire rack is for "food" items. Now all the unnecessary stuff has been removed and almost everything is back on the shelves. I also did the "plastic" shelf on the rack just to the left. That is where the garbage bags, cling wrap and other plastic lives. Then I still had energy so I did the seasonings and spices on the shelf above that. I use clear bottles to store stuff in and it's all labeled. I wiped off all of the bottles and I need parsley. Not reason enough to go to a store just for that. I really thought I would need to refill some other bottles, but the spicy stuff is still pungent when I open a jar so it doesn't need replacing just yet. Maybe in the fall.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: What kind of Sunday are you having?

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:03 am

A little crazy so far.

DD and I boxed up what was left from the garage sale and have it all ready for pick up on Wednesday (she called to make that appointment today).

I've been on the phone several times with dh trying to get the internet working at our RV. Been on the phone twice with S pectrum. Finally asked them to call him to see if they can find the problem. According to tech it isn't even showing the coax as being plugged in. So, hopefully it'll be an easy 'fix' as they talk to him.

Dh had a very hard reaction to his second vaccine. Said he had a hard time just making it into the RV last night -hips, knees, legs. He went to bed at 5pm and got up around 7:30 this morning. Feels somewhat better. Trying my best (from 1300 miles away) to get him to rest today. He went grocery shopping after dgs8's hockey game yesterday and didn't even get half his list -just had to get out of there and get home. He also had a lot of itching on his upper arm. DD gets her 2nd this Friday & I get my 2nd April 6th.

DD and Dsonil went to pick out flooring for their kitchen/dining/hallway/laundry room on Friday. She finally told him Wednesday night that she needed him to be 'on board' with this project. His reply has always been 'whatever'. So she told him how she felt about that and he said he wants her to have what she wants it just doesn't matter to him what she puts into it. Also wanted him to understand that we'll be in 'chaos' for the better part of a month. She and I have to start emptying all the cupboards beforehand. One nice thing from her MIL's were many shelf units -really nice ones. They all fold flat/lock in place and roll. Figure we can sort things onto those shelves and roll them into the very large entry part of the 'great room'. We're putting the microwave on a nice cart she has & put it in our office. We'll keep that to use in here as they're putting in a new one over the new range. Haven't had that luxury before now as the stove top was in an island. Now a range will go against a wall & the microwave/hood can go over that. Another reason they had a counter one is that I can't reach dishes out of one up in the air. I can manage a cup or maybe a plate that's been warmed. We had one up over our stove in our first RV and I can remember flagging down a walker at our campground to get a bowl of beans out for me -it was for potluck. I just couldn't get it down one-handed.

DD and I are taking the VW to the dealer Wednesday night to leave it to have the key fob programmed. That arrived yesterday. How I hated paying the several hundred $$$ bill for that!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:45 am

Morning...

Not sure what kind of day I will have as my stomach is kind of icky.

We received devastating new yesterday that one of our closest friends is in the hospital fighting stage 4 colon cancer. She is a 6 year survivor of non-Hodgkins and this is a different type of cancer. She was fine 5 days ago, but had lost her appetite. This came as no warning as far as we know.

Sweetie has been friends with her husband since they were both 21 and room mates. The joke has always been that our friend was really Sweeties first wife. Her husband and Sweetie are built alike, Very slender and hard to fit. She would order her husband pants from a catalog and since Sweetie was the same size would double the order for him. Whenever she ordered anything for her husband she order for Sweetie as well. Many times when needed. Sweetie would drive her to dr appointments and such

As their family grew Sweetie became the honorary Uncle and included in all their holiday celebrations. Her daughters grew up with Sweetie and adore him telling me many times they are more fond of him than of any other of their uncles.

When Sweetie first started dating my long distant it was she who took his picture to send to me, and when I first came to visit insisted I met them... girls and all. Since then we have shared our lives with visits, travel and holiday celebrations.

After Sweetie talked to her husband yesterday I could tell he was really shaken by the news. We had planned to go to the car show but decided just to go for a ride to the river and a hike. I’m still shaking my head in disbelief over this. Her husband has sever MS and she has been the rock of the family. We have prepared ourselves to lose him never in our wildest dreams even imagining she would be first.

My bed has been striped and remade, and my morning routines are done. Next up is watering my sunnies and then it’s doing one of my workouts.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:50 am

I am just worn out today, probably the late night and all the work yesterday, but today is going to be rest and recuperate, whether dh gets it or not. I suspect we'll do a pizza from the freezer for supper, regardless of Passover. DD called me earlier to ask me to print something for her, and mentioned how sometimes people are surprised she doesn't keep Passover kosher, i.e. eating matzah instead of bread, etc. And she said she explains it that her family never did because her mom was an accountant and didn't need planning Passover kosher meals in addition to tax season. I always explained I had been a CPA longer than I had been Jewish...

I can't believe she asked me to print 10 copies of something 47 pages long. But she got it down to 18 double sided sheets so I'm doing it for her. She owes me!

We had a lovely time last night w friends for Passover. We did not do a Seder, per se, but talked about ritual objects and freedom and smoozed together. We got home 11:30ish. Did not eat and drink too much, which is always a concern with four cups of wine and a big seder with lots of different foods and desserts to try. I thought my potato kugel was delicious and am eating what was left for my brunch. At least now it's gone.

I loved Harriet's recommendation last night for "Lessons from Bubbe for this pandemic Passover." https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/health/p ... index.html
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:33 pm

My Sunday has been busy and then slow. Rushed getting dd on the road, then settling into (most of) the online church service.

The minister somehow didn't have any notes with her - either her laptop failed her or was actually left behind, I couldn't catch the reason. She didn't seem to need notes except for quotes she wanted to use, and exact names of some authors. But at one point she forgot the most simple thing and said, "I'm verklempt because of a laptop!" She said a church member's name with a question and from somewhere a muted voice gave her a clue that helped. :D I don't think she was using the Yiddish exactly right, since she was more flustered than emotional, but I do think all her listeners understood.

Dd22 left for her sister's house, with two travel blessings to facilitate.

First, Axel must go to the axelotyl hospital. This is sad for us, not because it isn't wonderful that they will make him better, it is. But because it's 2.5 hours away (thankfully on the way) and will likely become the better forever home for him. After 4 years of thriving, something has gone wrong here and no amount of changes to the water or the food has fixed it, so an expert takes him on now. We're consoling ourselves that this way he will have interaction with other axolotls again, something rare for critters who no longer have natural habitats.

Second, an attempt will be made to bring dsonil's dog here as dd returns. They tried this before in a regular back-seat carrier set-up and the dog became scared and shaky without family, so maybe with more "rehearsals", it will happen. I don't hold out much hope and think that eventually an air-carrier type box in the back of a pick-up will be needed, so that a driver can put the dog's anxiety out of mind and just drive. The dog adores dd22 until dd41 and boys are left behind. i sent treats that may encourage.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 pm

Harriet, have they thought about asking vet for anxiety meds for dog for the trip? Muffin has Tramadol for storms, fourth of July and construction. The disadvantage for her is that it takes a couple of hours to get into her system, and we don't always have that much warning of a storm. Given before the trip, might allow ddog to sleep it off?

I am just piddling around today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:56 pm

I am having an excellent day. Bs is in target yea!
Sent off a festive e mail to my dsis.
Dressed soon as I got up that is lise a first since h. Passed!
Had bfast. Survived h. Bday new tradition weather permitting will be fire put to
Mark the day I have decided. Watched ark. Razorbacks win yesterday, today my other fav.
Team gonzaga pl ays in apx. An hr.
Walked the dog did it early before the wind.

So hapoy with my progress in the yard. Took a pic of more flowers blooming in my yard
daffs and narcissis.

Trying to figure out a bus RV lay out for weaving and spinning adventure I have in mi d a weaving school.

Watched One Happy Widow you tube. Young widow seems to be helping.
I remembered the grief counseling coyrse I took after my dsis passed I had forgotten about that.
It helped bc I had some tools to use.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:36 pm

DKids and I went to small group study and church this morning. DH kidney stone is acting up so he stayed home. DD9 wasn't comfortable sitting without DH or me in the church service so she joined me in the nursery. We had 9 little ones and DD9 was a big help with the bigger kids (1-2 year olds). I held a happy kicking & wiggling 9-month-old baby the entire hour and my arms definitely feel it. The baby went to sleep about halfway through church service but there is no place to put her so I continue to hold her. I don't understand why this nursery has no playpen or baby bed to put sleeping babies in. ANYway, today was my last day in the nursery for 6 months. I'm looking forward to returning to regular church service next week.

I fixed two kinds of smoked sausage dishes for lunch. One dish that is spicy and a plain one because DD9 doesn't do spicy. The table is cleaned off, dishes in the DW, and leftovers put in the refrigerator.

1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:47 pm

LadyM, although our church nursery had a "port-a-crib" style crib, I don't remember one baby actually staying asleep after having been put into it! Always that moment of bobbling, or another child's voice piping up just after they went down. It was basically a pen for stuffed dolls. Many times I just rocked and rocked or walked and walked with the baby and tried to be entertaining to everyone else!

((LadyM's dh)) ouch, ouch.

Dd22 is just minutes from dd41. A call to the waiting family to let them know, reveals chaos with a rainstorm on the verge, with boys half-in and half-out of galoshes so they can help carry items, not listening to their mother, for sure! She's several places at one time.
She handed the phone to the 6-year-old :shock: for ME to tell him to listen!
"But I don't want to...."
and Grandma says: "but nobody cares, do they? Put on the boots."
He put them on, I'm told, but I imagine Grandma's the bad guy, lol.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Good for you, Harriet, get those guys whipped into shape! I know dd41 will be happy to have dd21 around for awhile.

I am really at loose ends today. Not feeling like working on genealogy, can't sit on the couch and veg out and read, don't know what to do with myself.

Return to “Post When You Can”