What kind of Sunday are you having?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: What kind of Sunday are you having?

Postby Harmony » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:40 pm

Odd day here. I slept through alarm and didn't go to the early service. 2nd service is too crowded so I went to late service which is really too late to be good for utilizing ones hours on a Sunday. I did get my watering done and spent some time at my desk before I was out the door. On way home I stopped to get gas and the station was mobbed. I sat quite a while before I could get up to the pumps.

Had lunch and a long nap. I'm tired from all my work yesterday. Gathered garbage for tomorrow. Ran the sweeper a bit in the kitchen and halls.

LadyM, I didn't see anybody answer your vacuum question the other day. I didn't understand what you meant by the wall charge thing. My little sweeper just has an adapter and plugs into the wall outlet to change. DH's super duper shark vacuum has those rechargeable batteries that slide in and out and recharge up on the counter. We have 2 extras so we can keep going while one charges. They take a long time to recharge. We piped the house when we built for whole house vacuum but we never did buy the vacuum which will go into the garage. I don't know if vacuum hoses stretched out everywhere is any better than tripping over cords. Well, with all this, I guess the one with the rechargeable batteries is the best but they are at the top of the handle and make the whole thing top heavy. I still like the plug it in and try not to fall over cords....

Zoom meeting tonight, I guess I'll go change my top.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:52 pm

I forgot the noise level with 2 extra kids voices in the house. Last week DS46 and family were vacationing with a full schedule of daily activities so DGD10 and DGS14 weren't staying on video chat for hours with their cousins here. Today, when we sat down at the table for lunch, DH said to the kids "Did you forget that we don't have phones at the table?" In response he heard "Papa, it's me!". DGD10 was zooming with DGD9 and joined us for prayer and then chatting during the meal.

I have played in the garden for a couple of hours. It is a very relaxing activity and the time seems to evaporate when I'm in the garden. I also mowed in the yard until the bagger was full. I dumped the green clippings into one of the raised beds for compost. I am having to build my physical abilities again. I can only push the lawnmower long enough to fill the bagger once and then I'm ready to stop. It is astounding to me how quickly I have lost strength over the winter months. Use it or lose it.

I think I have talked myself out of the cordless vacuum. I timed myself yesterday using the microfiber dust mop. I did the floors in the 8 main rooms including putting everything away in 4 minutes 50 seconds. I reminded myself that no vacuum would be that quick. Five minutes a day is doable to keep the floors from becoming a home to the dust bunnies.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:55 pm

I had lunch and listened to a recorded sermon "Widowed & Healing" on you tube it was good.
I did some pre - wind prep, put away tools, walking stick blanks, and
Moved a couple 2" x 2" short sticks, & some staking ones as well laid so they are on the ground
And did some sweeping clean up in the garage. Dang just remembered I forgot to sweep the patio off. Sigh...
Oh well.

Did some on the floors needed attn after the dogs bath last evening.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:22 pm

After that burst of energy this morning, I had a shower and then everything went down hill. I wanted to have a nap, but I didn't. I did next to nothing all afternoon. Very boring, but I just didn't want to go out in public today.

Guy that was supposed to come and look at cistern never showed up. I called the number and he didn't answer the phone either. Sigh.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:39 pm

I'm having a normal Sunday, so I guess that's pretty good.
DGS went home immediately after his piano lesson (which was virtual today) and he, ds, and his other grandpa went fishing. Haven't heard if they caught anything or not, but dgs seems to enjoy the adventure, regardless of the outcome. :D

He and I were the only ones who made it to church this morning -- ds & ddil stayed home out of precaution for dgd who seemed to have a bit of a stomach virus yesterday, and dh stayed home because he just generally felt "off." He was exhausted from the weekend activity -- it just doesn't take ANYTHING to get him off his routine and really get him down. This afternoon, he felt pretty well, but after Wmart and dinner at the hibachi buffet near Wmart, he was out of sorts and overwhelmed again.
I hate to be insensitive, but sometimes it really wears on my nerves. :oops:
I'm not sure dgs and I got much out of church either, it was "contemporary" Sunday so lots of LOUD music and praise hymns and I'm sorry... that is just not my preferred worship style. I know some people love it and seem to get more out of than what they would term the more "stuffy" traditional service... but I'm just too old-fashioned and set in my ways.
Plus today, I was extra sleepy because we were under storm warnings till pretty late. Really, we were under a tornado watch until 6:00 a.m., but I went to sleep around 3:00 and slept just fine. It was kinda windy though, so dh and I watched the weather reports for a while before we finally turned off the tv, knowing my phone would alert us if the situation changed. (I did take a long nap after dgs left.)

The week ahead is going to be filled with a lot of Nana duty, I expect. DDIL is working M-Th nights, and ds will be working Tu-Th days, so I'm pretty sure ddil will need us to keep dgrands and let her sleep. I have high hopes that we can visit a local historical attraction Wednesday, IF dgs doesn't have ball practice.
DDIL will start the all-weekend shift April 23. She and ds are very much looking forward to this, and -- knowing what summer would look like if she continued as she is -- I think I am too.

I really need to call my dmom -- she and I need to go to a funeral visitation tomorrow -- a friend from our old church, and actually, the husband of dh's 2nd cousin. DH thinks it will make him "look bad" if I go without him,and he says he just doesn't feel like going... but I figure it looks worse if neither of us do anything, right? And he has never spent any time with these cousins at all -- while dmom and the wife are fairly close in age and grew up in the same church.
* These are also some people that I am harboring a 10-yr embarrassment about. When we invited people to ds/ddil's wedding reception party, we tried to invite dfil's first cousins in this family -- 4 brothers. Don't ask me how it could have possibly happened, but we LEFT OUT THE TWO SISTERS. Both of the sisters are close to dmom's age, and I had been fairly close to both families all my growing up years... but I did not even realize this until long afterwards, and no one ever mentioned it to me -- but every time I see these women, I sorta cringe. :oops: So I do want to go to the funeral visitation and hopefully do no more to "slight" these ladies for the rest of my life. :oops: :roll:

Harmony, we had a whole house vacuum when we built our house. I really liked it. Then it tore up and I could never get anyone who was able to fix it. That's why I'm on my second Electrolux now... and also have a Kirby which I hate. We have hardwood, vinyl, wall-to-wall carpet, and room-size rugs and smaller rugs. I get really frustrated when I'm vacuuming.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:57 pm

HRH and I did lightbulb changes and ceiling swiffer-ing. Tobias was astonished at this, as always. He is on high alert for that chore. He stares into my eyes, trying to convince me to get HRH down from there. He definitely sees me as the supervisor, wonders why I'm so careless with HRH!

We're having to defrost our fridge's icemaker way too often. Sigh. We need to call the man I think. And the rhythmic bell while it's defrosting drives me right out of the kitchen. There's something about the nagging sound that just forbids me to stay close and do any kitchen or dining area chores.

We've had so much rain. Lots of things not getting done because of it.
Nancy, my jonquils/narcissus were lovely for a day, then clobbered by the rain.

Before dd left, we watched the last currently available episode of Ghosts together, a series I recommend. It's a comedy but a think-piece as well. The subject matter is touchy, of course, since one suspends disbelief to accept as characters ghosts unable to leave an earthly place, but it's compelling. HRH says it owes something to the old comedy show, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. One that must be seen from the beginning, in order, I'm afraid, or you'll lose the thread of events.

Later HRH and I watched GBBShow with our fancy meal of sandwiches.

I also got gas today, Harmony, for dd before her trip, and it took me a while, too. I couldn't get it at the first place because they'd stopped being able to take cards and you had to "see the cashier". So everyone turned up at my second choice! lol

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:00 pm

Winds are blowing outside now.
I've had dinner.
Dishes await.
Got my planning done for Mon.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:42 pm

I think part of our gas hangup was this is migration week here. Snowbirds go back home the very beginning of April or the very end of March (a lot of them anyway) and the interstate heading north is clogged with traffic, apparently all of them after they hit the gas station I was at! :lol:

I worked on a few more papers after our zoom meeting. Helped DH unload somethings in the shop. I got DH's dinner. I've had a couple servings of tuna salad today and that was all I wanted. I have a lot of paperwork to do tomorrow, it's the end of our first quarter this week. Maybe I will be more productive tomorrow, I was just tired today.

LadyM, sometimes I use a dust mop too, I have one of the old fashioned ones, but I have tile with all those grout joints so that only works for so long before I have to get out a vacuum. It is nice to use under the bed, though, easily gets all those dust bunnies and where do they all come from anyway?!

Return to “Post When You Can”